Status: Because I am studying, I'll try and update once a week.

The Nightmare Has Just Began

The Nightmare

For some reason I feel completely blissed when I sit on the roof, maybe it’s because it hasn’t been tainted by HER, or the fact I feel safe, yes i know what you’re thinking how can I feel safe when Gotham is criminal capital, well I can’t answer that, Maybe that makes me crazy to, I can fall asleep at the sound of sirens and explosions, just once I wish I had the guts to go and do what they do, I mean come on wouldn’t you like to explode an abandoned building, I think it would be fun, okay maybe I am a bit crazy ha-ha. I keep doing the pros and cons about going to the appointment. My main concern is that if I tell him my problems he will send me to Arkham but at least I will be away from mum, I also hope he doesn’t tell her I don’t need another reason for her to hit me. It was 11:00pm when I got off the rooftop; I finally decided that I wasn't going to the appointment, unless i have another nightmare. Once I finished putting on my pjs, I put on a movie and grabbed my sketch book, without realization I fell asleep after four days of trying so hard not to.

When I opened my eyes all I saw was pitch black, it didn’t take me long to figure out that I wasn’t in my room anymore. I looked around and noticed that this nightmare is different; normally I’m tied to a chair and not in a pitch black room. I tried to figure out if I recognized the room but didn’t. I walked slowly trying to find a wall or something, as I was shuffling along, I tripped over, I felt around for the object, only to find it’s an old chair. I decided to crawl that way I won't fall again. After what felt like forever, I finally found a door; I paused not wanting to know what was on the other side of the door but one thing I did know was that it wasn’t going to be a good thing. I finally took a deep breath and opened the door to find myself starring down an old abandon hallway, the paint was faded and peeling off the walls and roof, old documents laid on the floor.
I stepped out into the hallway, then all of a sudden the door behind me slammed shut, I quickly turned around, wiggling the door handle, trying to open it but no such luck. I really wished that I would wake up soon but I know that’s not going to happen, so I guess it’s time to face the music so to speak. I turned back around facing the hallway. I slowly walked down the hallway, my heart racing the more I stayed in this nightmare, I walked quicker when I passed the open door ways as I was paranoid that something or someone would jump me. I was half way from reaching the end of the hallway but it only seemed to be getting longer at every passing minute. I saw a light go on at the end of the hall, I started to panic, knowing that I wasn’t alone I heard a loud bang behind me followed by something scraping on the floor, I froze and heard a slight growl, I slowly turned around, only to find some...thing? Starring at me, with big red eyes, the mouth had teeth sticking out from his cheeks, blood everywhere. I started running towards the light, and hoping to find a way out but it was too late, I noticed a massive hole in the floor, that was too big to jump it and I knew then I wasn’t going to make it, that thing is going to kill me. I jumped down the hole and hoped for the best that I would wake up.

I shot up in my bed, covered in cold sweat, panting. I sat there for five minutes trying to calm down. I got out of the bed and headed straight to my bathroom to wash my face. I looked in the mirror and saw a familiar face staring at me, pale complexion, fade turquoise hair, which reminded me it needed to be re-coloured, dark black bags under my eyes and blood shot eyes from the lack of sleep. I walked back into my room to check the time on the alarm clock, in red, the same colour as the creature’s eyes from my dream taunting me. It showed 8:00am so I decided to have a shower, to get ready for my doctor’s appointment. Once I finished getting ready its 9:00am, so I got my keys, wallet, iPod and phone, and headed for my car. It didn’t take me that long to arrive Arkham Asylum; I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

I was walking through Arkham, I had to walk between the cells of the patient, every time I walked passed a cell I hear cat calls and whistles, I just ignored them and continued to follow the guard to Dr. Crane's office, about ten minutes later the guard turned away and said "Were here, just go through those doors"
I walked through the double doors and saw a lady maybe in her early 20s, blonde, wearing a blouse that shows are little too much skin specially if you work at a asylum for the criminally insane, she’s just asking for trouble, sitting at the desk
"Excuse me? I've got an appointment to see Doctor Crane" I said
“Name?” she didn’t bother to look up to busy reading the latest vogue magazine
“Zaindia Jamieson” I replied
"Just go on through that door” she said pointing to a massive mahogany door.
I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard a quiet 'come in'. I walked through the door. I stood awkwardly looking around the room, he had a big mahogany desk, two dark leather chairs in front of it, beside the chairs he had a dark leather therapy chair, you know the ones where you lay down on and tell them you deepest thoughts, one wall is bookshelves full of books, and the opposite wall full of diplomas and certificates.
"Hello, have a seat" said Dr Crane as he broke me out of my thoughts. I walked over to the chair and sat down hoping the chair would just swallow me up.
"Okay, so I thought we should start by why did you changed your mind to come see me?" said Dr Crane
"I had a nightmare at least I think it was a nightmare, it was worse then what I normally have, it was in more detail and now I keep looking over my shoulder hoping whatever was in the dream wouldn’t be behind me." I replied as Dr Crane wrote what I was saying in a notebook.
"Okay, so these nightmares are the reason why you don't want to sleep?" asked Dr Crane
"Before we go on, you’re not going to tell mum, are you?" I asked
"No! What happens between me and a patient stays between us,"
"okay, well to answer your question before, it’s one of the reasons, but it's the main one, the nightmares are effecting me heaps, I don't sleep for a long period of time, I don't eat, I'm scared all the time, looking over my shoulder constantly." I said while clamping my hands together to stop them from shaking.
"So what happens, in the nightmare?"
"I...I don't want to talk about it, not yet anyway" I said looking down
"Okay, we will start from the start, tell me about your childhood" I signed relieved that he didn't push me into telling him
"well I don't remember most of it, I think something bad had happened after dad died that I blocked it out until about 8 months ago when I started getting the nightmares, before dad died we were a happy family, mum still the same as today except she ignored me and passed me over to dad, he was an amazing guy, helped me with homework, took me to the park, and stuff like that, but once he passed, mum started bring heaps of guys around, I remember getting forced to learn how to cook otherwise I'd get beaten and locked in my room for two to three days at a time" I stopped as i remember the times where I was banging on the door screaming to get let out. "I don't want to go back home, I’m scared of what mum would do, when she finds out I’m here" I said as I broke down, "i should go before she does, thanks but I doubt this will help" I said as I quickly left, the guard followed me out to my car to make sure I wouldn’t get hurt. Once in my car I sat there for a couple of minutes going over the session, I shook my head and started the car and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, please comment and let me know what you think.