Status: On Hold

1964.

Four

FOUR

After Grace had cleaned all the plates, pots, and pans, it was around nine o’clock, and she and the boys- erm, men, were all sitting on the couch together, wondering what they should do.
“How about a movie?” Paul suggested, a glint of something mischievous in his eyes. The group agreed, and rearranged themselves on the couch in more comfortable positions.
“Does ‘PHYSCO’ sound good to you all?”
There was a murmur of agreements from the lads, and Grace went along with it, biting her bottom lip.
“I’ve never heard of it before,” she admitted, while all eyes in the room landed on her in incredulity.
“Never heard of ‘PHYSCO’?” exclaimed Ringo in disbelief.
“Why, it’s only a classic!” said George, making it seem like Grace was missing out on something extraordinary.
“Careful, love- it’s a thriller,” said Paul warningly.
“I think I’ll be able to handle it,” Grace said confidently, “Besides- I have you men to protect me!” A chorus of “aww”s went up from the group, and she batted her eyelashes in an over the top, damsel in distress manner, making them all chuckle.
“You’re something else, Grace Willington,” said John from beside her. Even without looking, she knew he was smiling. Turning to grin at him, she said, blushing, “Same to you, John Lennon.” John loved it when she blushed.
George got up to turn the lights off, and Grace automatically shifted closer to John in the darkness.
“Scared already, love?” he whispered huskily in her ear, his warm breath tickling her neck. She shivered, unable to hold back the effect he was having on her, and she was suddenly glad it was pitch black.
Deciding she would give him a taste of his own medicine, she whispered in the most suggestive voice she could manage, “In your dreams, Lennon.” Grace purposely hesitated pulling back from their close proximity, and exhaled softy, letting her breath fan out enticingly across his skin. He was pleasantly surprised- he didn’t take Grace for the seductive type. John’s hands balled into fists as he struggled to contain his sudden desire to just grab her and kiss her right there. He swallowed, apparently audibly, and heard Grace giggle, the sound of it more alluring than he would ever imagine possible.
He continued their game of teasing by brushing her long, silky hair to the other side of her neck, his fingers lingering on her deliciously soft, warm skin longer than they probably should have. He heard her breath catch in her throat, and smirked in realization. He had the same effect on her as she did on him. The thought inspiring his usual confidence, he leaned in to her ear and said lowly, “Not so shy when the lights go down, are you, love?”
She shivered again, her heart beating erratically in her chest from the way he was making her feel. Grace gathered her wits. She wouldn’t let John Lennon get the best of her- thanks to her acting career, Grace was highly learned in the art of temptation. She leaned in close to him; closer than she had before, and closed her eyes, letting her long, lashes flutter against his cheek. She felt him stiffen, and heard his breathing become irregular with how close they were. She giggled, knowing it drove him crazy, and said, “You’ll just have to wait and see about that, John,” Grace put emphasis on his name, drawing it out slowly, almost sighing it.
John could hardly take it anymore. The way her eyelashes brushed against his skin caused goose bumps to appear all over his body; and how her soft, sexy laugh and her warm breath stroked his neck, and God, the way she said his name drove him absolutely mad in all the right ways. He felt himself harden, and had to bite back a groan of attraction. This had to stop, or else he might actually just shove her against the back of the couch and have his way with her.
Against his better judgment, John gently caressed her waist, pulling her closer to him. He kissed her neck once, and Grace bit her lip, holing back a moan. Her back arched automatically, their bodies now touching. Shivers of electricity ran through her body at the feel of his fingers trailing gently around her small waist.
“You don’t know what you’re doing to me, Grace,” murmured John into her skin, losing control with every passing second.
“Oi! The movie’s started, everybody shut up!” yelled Paul, shattering the moment. They pulled away from each other, John’s fingers still tingling wistfully from the way she felt against him. No. John made a promise to himself. He wouldn’t make any more advances. Grace is to good for him, she needed someone better. Someone like… Paul. The thought entered his head unwelcome, and suddenly his head was full of visions of the two of them- laughing together at one of Grace’s jokes; Grace waiting up for him when they had shows late at night; her running into his arms after a long session of touring; Paul touching her the way that John wanted to so badly, while she moaned in pleasure…
No. He wouldn’t let anyone else touch her. Grace was going to be his. He was bad for her, yes, but he needed her. He needed her like he had never needed anything in his whole life. And if Paul or anyone else thought that they could have her, well God damn it, they weren’t going to get her.
John was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Grace let out a small squeak of terror, and remembered they were watching a scary movie.
“Don’t worry, love, it’s just a movie” John whispered to her comfortingly, making an effort to maintain a good distance between them.
“This is the worst- eep!” Grace made an odd sort of noise again, her eyes wide in fear as she watches the horrific murder on the screen.
John pulled her close to him once more, but this time with a comforting, protective air.
“It’s all right, Grace, it’s all right,” he said to her softly, putting his arm around her and stoking her back soothingly. She wormed her way even closer to him, snuggling into his chest, and sighed in contentment, her eyes fluttering shut. John felt a sense of pride- he had calmed her down, comforted her, and reassured her. Surely that had to count for something? He looked down at her angelic face, and realized that she was falling asleep. He beamed, and completely forgot all about the movie. All he could think of was the beautiful girl he held, dreaming in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aww <3 Hope you guys liked this one! Five will be up soon :)