Status: In Progress

Beauty Comes From Inside.

Prologue Continued.

"You're up early" I heard Janessa say as she walked into the kitchen.

"I'm always up early. Plus, I thought you girls could use some breakfast." I replied as I slipped a pancake on a plate that was now full. "Hows Savannah doing?" I asked noticing her absence.

"Oh, she's okay I guess, still sleeping. I'm pretty sure she was up all night." Jenny explained slumping onto a chair next to the table.

"Well I called my boss this morning, asked for a couple days off."

"Jay, you don't have to do that." She replied looking disappointed.

"It's fine Jenny. I'm here to help remember? I thought it would be better if you guys could stay here for a while until we get that guy behind bars. I don't want him finding either of you." I said as I saw Savannah enter the room with a sort of shocked look on her face.

She was still in the same dress she was last night. Jenny was wearing one of my t-shirts and a pair of my sweats.

"You want to put him in jail?" Savannah said quietly as my stomach turned, noticing how attractive she was.

"Well, that's my plan. I'm assuming last night wasn't the only time he's hit you. He deserves to be put away where he won't be able to hurt you again." I replied noticing the doubt in her eyes.

"Can't we just find another way to get him to leave me alone? Like maybe I could talk to him?"

"Whoa, slow down there. I don't think you understand how serious this is. Men who hit women, don't stop automatically. They are addicted to control and will do anything to keep it. Even if you do talk to him and he agrees with you, he will never stop Savannah. Even if he tries, one day he will get angry and hit you again. I'm not about to risk you getting hurt, you're my sister's friend, and I am going to make sure you are safe." I explained to her holding back the anger.

"I can;t do it. If we call the cops, they would want me to talk to them and I might have to go against him in court. I can't face him, he will just blame me for everything." She defended.

"Savannah, you have to do this. If you don't, he is going to find you, or Janessa, and hurt you both. I can't sit around waiting for that to happen. He will do it, and if he doesn't find you, he will hurt someone else. I want to help you, please let me."

"He's not lying Savannah. Please do this for me, for yourself?" Jenny cut in.

"How would you know about any of this, you don't know him." Savannah said hoping to defend her argument.

I looked at my feet and thought for a moment. I stayed silent as I put the plate of pancakes on the already set table. "I made you breakfast, I'm going to take a shower." I finished holding my emotions back.

I heard Savannah ask Jenny what was wrong. And to my disappointment, she told her.

"My dad used to beat us. Jason got the worst of it. But after a while, as we got older, Jason finally stood up to him. He almost put my brother in the hospital when my mother finally called the police. She was always afraid to do anything, but she couldn't watch any more. She used to tell us exactly what you just said. That's why I knew Jason could help. He has been through the same thing Savannah, please..." She continued as I slammed the bathroom door so I couldn't hear the rest.

I hated remembering what happened. But hearing about Savannah and hearing my sister explain our past, made everything come rushing back. As I stripped the clothes off my body, I looked in the mirror finding a few scars that were left over from our last fight. Under my collar bone was a long jagged scar from when he pushed me into the table. I think I was one of the only people who could notice the disfigurement in my nose from that same incident.

With a sigh, I went to the bath tub, turning on the water. When it was the right temperature, I stepped in and let the water steal my thoughts. I listened to the drops falling down the drain, as I felt the warm water cover me. My body numbed as my thoughts drifted to Savannah. I needed to help her, no matter what it took, I would make sure he could never touch her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to delete the next chapter and use the 1st and 2nd as Prelude's for the rest of the chapters. It was taking too long to continue from the first chapters, so I scrapped the others and wrote from a different point. Hope you guys enjoy what comes next :)

Comments please?