Status: In Progress

Beauty Comes From Inside.

The Barrier.

"I know you said you didn't want anything to change and that you still want to be friends. As hard as that is for me, I accept it. I know how hard this must be for you with me feeling all of this towards you right after your terrible break up. I guess what I want to say is, if I can't have you as anything more than what we are, I would rather keep it that way. I don't want to risk losing you over my stupid feelings."

"Thank you Jason, that means a lot." She replied barely making eye contact.

I could tell she was more uncomfortable with me ever since I decided to tell her about how I felt. Although everything inside me tells me to keep trying, I don't want to risk pushing past her comfort zone just when she started opening up to me.

She was already shutting down, and I want more than anything for her to let me in. If that means we have to stay friends, that's what I'm going to do.

"Well we better make our presence known. Jenny has been waiting for this day for a long time. I'm not really one for performing in public, but she will never take no for an answer." I said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. You and her and both pretty hard headed." She finally smiled as she finished the last curl on her hair.

I smiled ignoring the flutters in my stomach and went to the kitchen to finish setting up.

Janessa had been planning a huge New Years bash for weeks now, and she just had to make it a big thing since everything Savannah went through. She had some idea that it was needed for the changes she went through. I personally think it's all a ploy on making Savannah ignore all the time Jenny was away when she told her she would be there for her.

Although I was surprised at her absence in the past couple weeks, I also understood why. I knew it was hard for her to be around someone she cared about go through something so painful.

I wished she could have seen her though. Savannah had been so strong and I noticed every day how much stronger she really got. It took a while for her let go of her ex and accept what needed to happen, but every day, she just pushed right through it.

There were only a few times I caught her staring at the phone as her body shook with fear. I knew she wanted to call him and apologize. But instead, she just wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled at me knowing what I was thinking.

She surprised me all the time about how much she knew about me. I sometimes held her when she broke down, but Savannah was so much like me in the way of being independent and reserved. I found it a lot easier to read her expressions after spending more than five weeks of her getting back on her feet.

She had been piecing herself together little by little. She got a hold of her family who she hadn't talked to in years, she got a job at the coffee shop I spent every morning at. She was looking for a place of her own, but she never felt one hundred percent on the places she found. I told her that it didn't matter to me how long it took, but she was welcome at my place for as long as she wanted.

Even though I started feeling more towards her, I still enjoyed her company even if we were just friends. Just watching her go through what she has, inspired me to become so much more than I was. Although no one could see it, Inside I felt like a while new man.

No matter what Savannah and I became, friends or not, I had her to thank for the new perspective I see in life now. Life is so full of obstacles, and you just have to look inside yourself to find the strength to get through them. Happiness originates inside you, not in everything around you, and even through all the crap, I see her smiling a little more everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to add more about what happened in the past couple weeks. Let me know what you think :)