Status: In Progress

Beauty Comes From Inside.

Break Through.

I watched as Jenny introduced Savannah to her friends, a lot of them were men. It was obvious she wanted her to take interest in someone so she could chase after some of her own prospects. Savannah held a few smiles every once and a while, but she didn't speak more than she had to. When the others got caught in a conversation with Jenny, Savannah seemed to drown into the background. She remained silent, holding her drink in her hands as she watched them speak.

I could tell there was something wrong, and I had a feeling I knew what it was. She glanced at me, making eye contact and instead of awkwardly looking away, she smiled lightly and lifted her hand in a small wave. I smiled back as my heart slowed while my voice drowned in the song. She moved her lips saying "hey" as her body became less tense. Noticing her comfort towards me, I felt like something was even more wrong. I had to do something.

Just seeing that sparkle in her eyes, watching her gorgeous smile only when she was with me; everything told me to keep trying. How could she not feel anything? Maybe she is just too afraid to see it. I have never given up on her since she came into my life, why should I give up beacause something is slightly different? As my song came to an end, I decided to share something personal.

"Okay boys, you can take a twenty minute break. You did great, thank you so much for helping out." I dismissed the other band members.

I reached into my guitar case, pulling out a couple sheets of paper and my acoustic guitar. Sitting down, I noticed her eyes were clearly curious and intent on what I was performing next.

"Hello everybody, thanks for coming out tonight. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves." I said into the microphone gaining every ones attention.

"This is a song I have been working on for a couple weeks now. It's kind of personal, but someone taught me recently to step out of my comfort zone and embrace... well, anything. I guess I've always known this, but I couldn't really understand it and apply it until I saw the world through someone else's eyes. These past few weeks have been so eventful and so important to me, because I finally learned to let go of the past and be excited about what might happen at any time. This song is for someone who has became more dear to me than anyone other than my sister. This is for you Savannah." I explained as I sat down and began strumming the guitar.

My heart began to race as I watched Savannah's smile turn into worry.

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do

Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do"
♠ ♠ ♠
I noticed my chapters are getting shorter. Hope you don't mind. Comments!