Status: In Progress

Beauty Comes From Inside.

Heated Reactions.

I could see Savannah's eyes filling with tears as she struggled to keep eye contact. Whenever she shut people out, or whenever she was nervous, she usually looked away. A part of me was glad that she didn't, but seeing the confusion in her sad eyes was enough to make me worry.

Jenny watched Savannah as she rested a hand on her shoulder noticing she was upset. Savannah just looked at her for a second, not saying a word, as the tears flowed down her face. She turned around and ran towards to bathroom. Jenny looked at me confused and slightly angry.

Before she began lecturing me, I dropped my guitar and followed Savannah. I could hear her sobs as I tried opening the door. "Savannah, it's me. Are you okay?" I asked leaning my head against the door.

"Go away Jason! I need to be alone." She cried.

"I'm sorry Savannah, but I can't do that. I know I'm at fault for this, so let me explain will you? Open the door please?" I asked as her sobs softened.

“No Jason. I want to be alone.” She repeated.

“I do have the key to get in here savannah. I am not giving you a choice in this matter. Either you let me in, or I get in anyway.”

“Ugh, why are you doing this to me? Can't you just leave me alone?” She yelled as she flung the bathroom door open.

Her mascara was running down her face, and her hair was a mess, half sticking to her wet face.

“Savannah, I had to do this. Can't you see how much I care about you? I can't keep this hidden any more, it doesn't feel right.”

“I know Jason. I get it. I'm just so lost right now, I don't know what to think.” She explained holding her head in her hands.

“Like, when you sang me that song, I felt like... I felt like for the first time in a long time, I found someone who truly cares about me. I don't get it Jason, I really don't. You are the only man I have ever known that has accepted me for who I am and not for my looks or for who they wanted me to be.” She said as she looked at me with her reddened eyes.

“To be honest, I don't even understand it. It's just the way it is you know? For the very first time in my life, I found something I couldn't ever doubt. You have always surprised me from the moment I first saw you. That song, I actually started writing it a few days after you came here. I could never get that image of you in that bright yellow dress out of my mind.

“But you know what's amazing about that memory? With how beautiful and how hurt and how much of a mess you were, I just knew that there was more than what we saw. I knew that you would get through all of this with or without me.

"And now... even if you're still a mess, you are far more beautiful to me. I don't know what it is, the strength you have, your determination, I have no idea. What I do know is that I have never felt like I needed anyone more than how much I need you now.” I explained, my voice shaky and my eyes watering.

She just looked at me for a moment thinking about what to say. “I don't know what to do Jason. I don't know how I feel, and I'm afraid to find out. This is all so new to me. I just can't do this right now please?” She replied.

“No Savannah, I'm done waiting. I can't keep doing this, I can't keep avoiding what everything inside me is telling me to do. You have no idea how hard it is for me. You know I feel like I am the right man for you, and in the past I felt rotten inside and never thought I could feel like this. It frustrates me so much that you can't just see this. Can't you see that you do care about me?” I said raising my voice in frustration.

“Here we go again with you thinking you know me. No one knows who I am but me! So don't go around telling me what's good for me and what's not, this is my life and I can do what I choose with it.” She yelled.

“You know what? Fine! I'm done with this. If you won't let me try, then don't bother staying here any more. I can't deal with any of this any more. I care too damn much for you to keep using me and disregarding how I feel towards you.” I said opening the other door in the bathroom that lead to my bedroom where Savannah has stayed since she left her ex.

I walked over to the dresser and began pulling out her clothes and throwing them on the bed.

“You can't do that Jason! Just because I don't feel the way you do, you are willing to throw away everything we have?” She asked putting her clothes back into the dresser.

“No I wasn't Savannah, but it seems you are.”

“So now your going to blame it all on me? I'm not the one with the problems here, you are the one who wants more.”

“Oh, your just as guilty as I am. You have this really screwed up way of thinking you know what's good for you, but you think everything that's wrong is the right thing!” I argued, folding my arms as I watched the anger fuel inside her.

Before thinking, I let my anger consume me for a moment as I continued with the argument. “You can be so blind, and seriously it makes me wonder why I even bother with you.” I finished as her expression changed.

Before I could apologize at the insult, her hand struck my face. I looked at her, and her face went from anger to a slight hint of empathy. Again I surprised myself with the sudden feeling of admiration and passion coursing through me. I waited a moment to see if she would do anything. She just stood there, her face growing saddened and apologetic.

I knew right then that this was the moment I couldn't hold back, everything was now out on the table, I might as well get it all out. I reached out towards her and quickly cupped her face in my hands and kissed her tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little longer chapter. Let me know what you think -Comment :)