Status: next update will be on Thursday <3

Fleeting

prologue

"It's a moment I am after, a fleeting moment, but not a frozen moment."

- Andrew Wyeth


Image


When a bird is disturbed from it's resting place, it will flee.

When you gain the chance to advance closer to a bird, you can't help but gaze at its features, the colors of its body, the sharp beak, the beady eye that seems to follow you wherever you go, as if daring you to take a step closer. However, during this time span, you are aware of the limited time you have to marvel at it.

And within a blink of an eye, it flies away.

"Damn," she sighed out in defeat. "So close," she muttered before looking around for more birds to observe. She spotted a tint of blue and mentally cheered.

"Johnny, I found something!" she shouted, calling for the attention of her loved one. When she received no answer, she turned around. "Johnny?" she called again. With furrowed eyebrows, she ignored the beautiful creature and started searching for her boyfriend.

"Johnny, where are you?" she asked, walking towards his previous spot. "Seriously, this isn't funny!"

A twig snapped behind her and she whipped around, paranoid and cautious. Scanning the area, she found nothing, particularly no one. "Johnny!" she yelled, fury building inside her. "If this is your sick idea of a joke, I'm not laughing!"

"John--" the words died on her lips as she discovered the unconscious body of her boyfriend. A scream emitted from her lips before a gloved hand covered it and grabbed her chin.

With a prominent snap, Caroline Austin died before she hit the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
first story posted on Mibba.

constructive criticism is appreciated! (:

thanks for reading!