‹ Prequel: Ki Kokoro 1
Sequel: The Temple 1
Status: Rekindled - Expect recurring Updates.

The Ward - A Lost Man

The Ward - A Lost Man 1

"Dear god - Oh, pleas consent my death!" it rang in his head, but this god did not love him, not really enough.

It did not consent his death, he was left there, lost.

"I'm so alone, my heads my home" It continued ..

"You are no friend of mine" It then went on ..

These lines came and went, haunting him, taunting his mind and sanity ..

"The human race will pay .. "

He had been a great man, once but look what it earned him – Nothing. Ok, even less then that. He was lost, in a ward, lost in despair. He was haunted by his past.

All he had done in firm belief, had been a lie. All had been for no good. Now the eyes of all of them tormented him. Nothing was really gained - Only people had died, suffering. Needlessly.
He had been a hero back then, that was the days of glory. He had worn a green uniform, at that time.

They told him. They told him, and the others, the others were the enemy. The enemy was bad, terrorists, and the like.

He and his friends, had thought. Many of his friends had died, fighting bravely, or so he had been told.

Now he did not know, he did not believe them anymore. Dreams and memories. Visions, haunted him. The uniform was the color of the forest .. back then .. sometimes, it had other colors .. the color of the surroundings .. sand grass ..

These was now no more then horrid, horrifying memories, ghost from his past. Ghosts .. ghosts from which he could not escape.

Escape .. escape, what was that .. a joke. A joke, and a bade one at that, at the best of times. And one day, he had simply had enough .. this particular day, he had had it. That was the day the joke had dawned upon him, fallen like an asteroid on his head. And then .. then his head had simply given in, cracked open. He'd lost it .. that was the day .. the day he heard the first voice ..

the day .. he had started to see faces .. the faces of lost friends .. and the victims of the campaigns .. the campaigns of which he had been a dedicated member.

Ok, he was one of the last standing .. and he'd happened to snap a comment, on the com-channel? He had not been intended to hear that .. or so he hoped, imagined ..

So he asked confirmation, and his command laughed him in the face. He immediately killed his command, right there and then. On the spot, how could he do anything but just that? Anyone asked just that? But, for this he got a nasty beating .. then they court-marshaled him ..
Condemned him.
♠ ♠ ♠
01/26/(1.0.3)

If I had portraid this man faith-fully?
Speaking Canadian, as he was?