Status: On Hold

With These Hands

Scene III

The next day Andrew found himself slowly becoming much more comfortable in the Purdy house hold. Although there were many new things to him, he felt secure. He wandered around the house and noticed the other neighbors..observing him. Much like his master would but with a much more fearful look in their eyes.

"Got damn these clippers are getting rustier by the year." He heard Paul say as he tried trimming the large shrub in his yard. It reminded Andrew some of the ones he had back at the mansion. He looked over and saw another one. He looked over at Paul and watched as he cut. He decided to try it. First he did just small cuts, and before he knew it he was shredding the entire thing.
"Turn up the radio, Kevin!" Paul said to his son who was up in his tree house with his friend.
"Alright dad!" Kevin yelled back as he turned the knob on the small radio.
"Hey, look." His friend whispered to him and pointed at Andrew. Andrew continued to vigorously cut until his masterpiece was complete. Kevin and Paul looked over in awe as they that Andrew had transformed the large shrub in a dinosaur garden sculpture.
"My word.." Paul gasped as he looked up at the garden sculpture. He looked over at the shrub he was working on and over at Andrew again before smiling.
"Andrew do you think you could help me with something?"

ººº


Amy was organizing her Avon products when there was a knock on the front door. She slowly walked through the living room, waving at Andrew and Paul as she passed by, and opened the front door seeing her friends and neighbors.
"Oh, hello girls. What brings you here today?" She asked.
"So when are you going to introduce that mysterious visitor of yours?" One of her friends, Jean asked.
"Yes, it's rude not to introduce him to the neighborhood." Becky said.
"We should have a barbecue." Abby suggested.
"Yes we should."
"That's a wonderful idea." They said agreeing.
"A barbecue? But-" Amy began.
"I'll bring some of my famous potato salad!"
"I'll bring some drinks." Everyone said excitedly as they all agreed.
"Well we'll see you tomorrow." Rachel said before they all left. Amy sighed before closing the door.