Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter Ten

I ran off of the platform and went to grab a knife, which was hooked on the wall of the two-story building. I took two – which wasn’t satisfying but I needed to get out of there. I saw Careers – and other tributes slashing each other. I ducked down to grab my bag, and I hid. I wanted to stay with the Careers.

It was pretty easy to hide. With all of the mountains, I didn’t have to go far. While I heard screaming, and slashing, I spotted something. Looks to be a cave. I didn’t want to go in, mainly because of the dangers. “That’s all I see.” Carmella said. Oh crap! I should have killed her . . . now she’ll be an issue. “I don’t see the rat.”

I peeked out, and Maaden said, “Loren? I don’t know where she went, probably got herself killed.” I wanted to go out of hiding, but I was afraid I’d startle them, and they chuck a knife into my skull.

I gathered up my courage, “I’m over here.” Their heads spun around, and all but Maaden showed dismay. “Sorry, I just uh . . . was waiting for you.”

“You were afraid,” Carmella spouted, “You were afraid we’d kill you – or maybe even someone else!” she started laughing, and people joined in.

“Shut up!” Maaden said.

Carmella looked at him, confused. “You’re defending her? Maybe you’ve spent too much time with her!”

Maaden glared at her, “No.” he said, and “We need to get moving. Let’s cover the cornucopia instead.”

“But this place is full of hot rocks, and humidity, AND mountains!” I exclaimed. I didn’t see any water, but I was sure there was some water. I really wanted to get by there, because I had already been thirsty. The heat was burning on everyone, and the cornucopia was in plenty shade. It was a building. I think the GameMakers wanted to see if we’d be enclosed – so basically we’d kill everyone. How smart.

In the first floor, there was some stuff. Couple of knives, bow and arrow, and 3 bags. I expected less, mainly because most people need appliances. But it was enough to get us by, and the Careers had bags. “Someone get that stuff up, we’re putting some stuff at the second floor.” I peeked around a corner and I saw another room – full of water bottles.

“Guys!” people came rushing towards me. They took water bottles, and several people gulped. I took five of them, and I drank half of one. Soon, it was settled. In the room I had found, food and water. In the first room. Bathlela, Galen, Walin and Makaya would sleep. I would sleep upstairs with Maaden, Carmella and Ren. It wasn’t appealing sleeping where someone had a knife, and as a matter of fact, hated me. Let alone in a room where there were MORE people who hated me.

I was tired, because of the heat, and I could tell the others were tired. There weren’t many sleeping bags. Bathlela said it was too hot, so she didn’t get one. Galen agreed. So I got one, and everyone else except for those two got one. They actually made a mistake, because what if it is cold tonight? It could be, but I’m not sharing mine.

Night fell, and not many were dead. I looked to see. Canscota, both from nine. Boy from ten. Girl from eight. 5 dead, which isn’t appealing. Most of the time Cornucopia bloodbath’s go from 8-15, which is mostly the normal. But, I guess the people have won before – they’re smarter – stronger – faster.

I watched everyone fall asleep before myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!!!!!!