Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter eleven

I felt much better - although I saw Carmella sitting and complaining. "When are we going to freaking hunt?" She asked.

"Carmella!" Galen said, "Shut up! No one wants to hear you complaining - and remember - we could kill you in a heartbeat."

"Yes, but I could damage and kill more than one of you." She said they ignored her - and went back to whatever they were doing. "See? What are you guys even doing?"

Maaden spun around, with red cheeks. They faded, and he looked at Carmella, "We're hunting . . . uh, come on everyone."

"Maaden - someone must guard - actually two people would be good." I was hinting to Carmella, but he wouldn't do that. She'd really give it to him if he picked her. I really hoped it wasn't me - I really don't like doing that - because if someone comes by trying to get stuff, and I fail, they kill me - or The Careers do that.

"Bathlela and Walin - guard." Maaden said.

Walin went to protest, but Maaden cut him off. "I don't care. Anyway, who cares about you? Walin, you know you need this place - really badly. So shut up and guard - or Bathlela will kill you."

He obeyed, but I didn't understand. It didn't matter - Maaden already knew too much about us. Walin isn't weak, I can tell you that, but I don't understand why Walin didn't slaughter Maaden once - before he finished that sentence. Something must make him decide that - because anyone would kill him (I would . . . well . . . injure him . . . hopefully).

Maaden brought some knives, and we started to explore. We headed towards the Mountains, our feet were burning - badly. The rocks were so hot, you could feel them even with shoes on. It kept getting hotter - which made it worse. And what else made it worse was that we couldn't find anything. I was so hot, and I was ready to say 'Let's go.' Then, I heard the rocks - someone must've been stepping on them. Makaya started running that way, and we followed. I noticed she was really fast - even on these. It was hard to run, I could understand.

I saw a girl. I couldn't see her features, but it was Naytia. She spun around, and took her knife out. Makaya, who wasn't good with knives, but spears - didn't have a weapon at the moment. I drew my knife. Naytia threw hers, which almost hit Ren, but he dodged it. I threw mine, but when it was to hit her, another knife whizzed by, setting it's course to sideways.

Maaden looked terrified, but he wiped the expression off of his face when Carmella turned to see him. "Woah." she simply said. We stayed quiet, and there was Kyjuan, coming out of the darkness. At first, he didn't see us, but Carmella picked up the knife, twisted his arm, and flipped him. She picked up the knife, and Kyjuan kicked her. The Careers, and myself, found hiding places where we could watch. Carmella's face went flat into the rocks, making a scratch. She got up, and ran. Kyjuan just grinned at the fact that she was scared.

When we traveled back, Carmella wouldn't talk to us about what happened - she wouldn't say anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Urrg! My Dad is annoying me. I have to get up early and whatever. I've got to post for my awesome readers, though!