Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter twelve

The next day was kind of quiet, because Carmella always complained. Now, it was Maaden and Walin who were going at it. I was zoning out, because boredom was flooding my mind. Nothing bad had happened to me - it was pretty good. Carmella was looking at me while I was thinking, but she didn't say anything.

"Yes?" I ask. Carmella looked as if she wanted to say something. "Spit it out!"

A glare formed in her eyes, "Isn't someone planning?" I didn't understand her, but when she saw I didn't, she smiled, which wasn't surprising, "You think you can play dumb. I'm not stupid. You're planning to leave the Careers, and try and kill us, aren't you?"

"I never thought twenty-three-year-olds were THIS ignorant." I grumbled, not sure what I could say.

"You're admitting it. Like I said, don't expect me to believe that you don't have a plan - or really anything else. Because we all know that everyone in this room wants to slit your throat."

"Not Necessarily," I said, "Who knows? The only people I know are Galen and you." I didn't put in Ren, because that would make me more of a laughing stock.

"Ren?" Oh, really? "You left him out. It's sad that you're own tribute from the same District hates you. And, you even try to cover it over, you're a coward, anyway."

"Carmella, I don't think that you're worth my time." I said.

"Quit fighting!" Maaden yelled at us.

Carmella was already angry that Kyjuan laughed, then me, and now him. She was past her level, and I wasn't going to pass it now, but it seemed as if Maaden did. "Maaden!" She snapped. "Stop." She gritted her teeth, and took out her knife.

The expression on Carmella's face was a challenge, and the expression on Maaden's face was laughter - fake nervous laughter. He was scared - but he acted different. "How funny. You're pulling a knife on me? Really? I know about your games, how you were in love, which made you weaker. How you wouldn't kill, because your boyfriend said no." he paused, but I could tell he didn't really like doing this - I didn't know why, though. "How you killed him yourself. How you felt as if it was your duty, you're not strong. In fact, you killed him because you were weak." It was well said by Maaden, but I could see Carmella's anger.

"Really? When I killed him, it proved I was MUCH stronger than he was. And, I never loved him, and I did kill. I killed enough. And you can't say much about me. You couldn't take down a 120 pound district four."

"Although, did I die?" Carmella seemed to think for a minute.

"You're lucky." She said. "I'm only not cooking you for dinner, because of our district promise." District promise? I didn't know what it was, but I didn't care, whatever. I wouldn't mind if one of them died, and with this, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed each other. Just less tributes.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)