Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter Thirteen

.

After that day, we got up and went hunting. Maaden and Bathlela came. Everyone else was too "tired" to come. Maaden kept blabbing about how we should kill them. But, he didn't mention Carmella. Strange. But anyway, it took us a while, and we shot a huge eagle.

"Look! It's an eagle!" Maaden said. We haven't got anything yet, so we were desparate. Maaden tried to throw a knife, but it didn't work. It missed. Bathlela shot and arrow, and it missed. By that time, the eagle was trying to get away. I took a big spear, and I nailed it in the eye. It fell down, and we started to drag it back.

That's when Celi and Kyjuan came out to tackle us. Kyjuan threw a knife at me, and I ducked, and I dodged it. I saw it hit Bathlela straight in the head. I was about to try to help her, but I knew there was nothing that I could do. Celi tackled me and I hit my head really hard. I reached for my knife, and I managed getting it, but he threw it out of my hand, and I'm not sure where it landed. He took out his own knife out, and managed to cut my arm. But I managed as well to get it out of his hand. Then, he started punching me, and when I was half unconscious, he kicked me. I didn't see anything, and everything was blurry, and my eyes were closed.

"You're awake." Maaden said to me.

I sprung up, confused, "What?"

"Celi knocked you out. District six," he told me.

I remembered. But only him beating me up. "What about Bathlela? Where is she?"

"I'd expect you to remember that. She died in front of you. But you really couldn't do anything about it," he said.

"Oh," I replied, simply. I felt bad even though he said I couldn't do anything about it. "What about Celi? Where did he go?"

"I killed him," Maaden said. "But I didn't kill Kyjuan. He was much younger than Celi, and I know that, but I'd need someone's help, if they weren't occupied by being killed by a thirty-three-year-old."

I glared at him, "It's not like you did much better,"

"I had a younger, more evil person." He said. I rolled my eyes, and later I managed to go to sleep. I wish the day was better - but at least I didn't die. Two people. It was moving along. I just was worried about the Careers. Because I'm not sure when to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late post, but the next chapter is challenging BE PREPARED FOR WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO READ anyway, I hope you like this chapter. I'll really try to post pretty soon. Maybe tomorrow, if I had enough time. Well - I'll see you guys and I hope you like this book :)
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this. I'll see you :)