Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace for the Wicked: Chapter 18

Makaya and I stared at each other. “Is this really a career pack anymore?” she asked me. I shook my head. “Well, let’s just split apart. But we won’t kill one another.” I trusted her.
I took some of the leftover stuff, and she did as well. We turned, and tromped out into the mountains. I could feel the burning in my feet. I felt like crying. My feet hurt so horribly bad. I could hear the eagles.

I heard an echo. I couldn’t tell who the voice was. My eyes searched around. Then, a knife pierced my back pack. I pulled it out, “Show yourself you coward!” I looked up, and there was Para, in a tree. Her eyes were crazed. She apparently only had that knife. She wasn’t at all like what I’d seen her before. “Why--where’s your little group?”
All of the sudden, she jumped from the tree on top of me. A searing pain went through my leg and I was very much hurt. She held me down on the ground. “Death for girl!!!! K.K. AVENGED!”
I could barely breathe. Who was K.K.? Then, I realized, “Kale?”
She nodded. “My son!”
“He was your . . . son?” I asked. She tightened on my throat, and I really couldn’t breathe. I felt as if I were dying.
“And I’ll avenge him!” she started choking me. My eyes rolled to the back of my head. I couldn’t see nor could I breathe. I could barely move. Just let go . . . I heard a voice . . . It will be alright, you will get out of these nasty games. I promise. I debated. What would happen to my family? I hadn’t even got to see them! Let go! You can do it!
My strength came back. I pushed Para off of me. I took the knife out, and I hovered over her. “No, no!” she said-- “Not me! I have--CHILDREN!”
I debated. Kill a woman who had children at home she needed to care for? How could I be that cruel? But she’d certainly kill me. “Okay,” I said. “But you won’t go--”
She kicked me, and I fell on her with the knife in her neck: I couldn’t speak. I just killed someone . . . Someone who had children she needed to take care of . . . how could I?
I had to run away. I just had to. I couldn’t stand myself. “Loren,” said a voice behind me.
It was Makaya.
“You didn’t mean to. It’s alright. C’mere.”
I came over there. She gave me a hug. “It wasn’t your fault,” she said. “You didn’t do anything.”
“I--I did,” I said. “I killed a woman with children!”
“First, it was an accident,” she said, “Second, if she was in the top two the other person would kill her no matter what!”
“Allies?” she asked.
“Yes,” I said.
“Oh, and, can we hunt? Like, now?”
“Sure,” I said.
“Good. Because I know a lot about different things. I didn’t tell the careers, though.”
“So, both from district eleven are allies. Boy from 8 and girl from 10 are allies. District 7 is alone. Kyjuan’s crew, except for Para, who’s dead now, are alive and still there. And Carmella.”
“Who’s even left in the crew Kyjuan had?”
“Himself and Tadlin, I think,” she said.
“Wow. To think of it--”
A cannon fired. It was very close to us. “Wonder who--”
We heard someone on rocks. “Run!”
It was the district 8 boy, all bloody, and he had the district 10 in his hands, ripped from inside, but her face wasn’t touched. She had long, golden hair, stringing down from her body. He, had dark hair and eyes. He reminded me of Hitler.
I ran after Makaya. Unfortunately for Makaya, she tripped on a gigantic rock, and fell to the ground. I caught up and I tried to get her up. My knee was hurting like heck. She was bleeding on both of her knees, hands and face. She could get up.
The boy from 8 had caught up. He dropped the girl from ten and stared at me for a minute. Then, he threw a knife.
It hit me in the finger. I was very lucky. I pulled it out, and I threw it. It missed. I knew Makaya couldn’t fight. “Leave me,” she said.
“No!”
The district 8 threw me to the ground like a football player. The hot rocks burned my skin, and it ripped and there was blood on my left arm, my face, and luckily my un-hurt knee. It hurt so bad with the blood, the skin ripped off, and worst of all the boiling rocks.
He lifted me up. The boy was around 16, I had no idea. His dark eyes pierced mine. I was thrown again, and I faintly saw him go for Makaya.
I saw it all. It was horribly scary. Makaya screamed, squirmed, and I saw her ripped piece by piece from him. He finished, and her screams died away.
I faked dead. After all, I was covered in so much blood, from mine and Makaya’s, there would be a huge chance I was dead. He thought so, and he walked away.
I waited till he was far. My skin was burned. It hurt. I got up. I looked at Makaya’s ripped up body, and blood was all over the rocks. Again, he had left everything torn except for her face. “M-Makaya,” I cried. “I’m so sorry.” The hovercraft picked her up. I did a scream. “NOOOOOOOOO!” and I collapsed to the ground, not seeing anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another post! I hope you enjoy. It's pretty violent...I know...Sorry if that bothers you.