Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace for the Wicked: Chapter 20

My eyes fluttered open. I could see the light through the trees. . . It was amazingly beautiful. For a minute, I felt so safe, happy, as if this beauty was real. No, I reminded myself. I knew that it was the Gamemakers, and it was all fake. Then, realizing I was still in the Quarter Quell, I bounded up. For a minute I was dizzy, so I realized I'd gotten up too fast. All of my stuff was next to me. My memory swirled back to me. District 11 girl. Where was she? Was she dead? If she was dead, how could I forgive myself? Had I been the one making her die?

Maybe she had fled. For some reason. But why? She said she'd been trying to help me, and if she wasn't, she'd kill me, so why leave me here? If someone killed her, why didn't they kill me?

I had began walking, because I felt hungry. Did I leave food in my bag? Maybe. I checked, and there was a giant loaf of bread. I didn't remember this being here.

I ate it anyway. Never waste food. Especially now.

A boom went off, meaning someone had died. I felt sick that my mind hoped it was Carmella. But I heard noises near me, so I jumped behind the nearest shrubbery around me. There was Carmella. There was also the dead 8 boy, who had killed Makaya. For once, I was happy with Carmella. "Next time you jump out at me, you're going down harder!" She yelled at him.

Made me seriously think about her sanity. "Ah," She said, "11 girl's next. Little birdy told me that she was helping Loren. That just won't do."

It sounded like she was talking to someone, but it couldn't be me, could it? She didn't know it was me, right? I had to dash.

My foot crushed a stick, and it made a noise. "Loren," She said. "Whatcha doin'?" I got up and ran.

You can outrun her, I thought. I could hear my heart beat faster and faster with every stroke of my leg. I was biting my lip so hard it was bleeding. I kept running.

"Aaaah!" Suddenly, hands were on my shoulders, meaning Carmella had caught me. I was brang down.

"You know, it would be awesome if it was just us two in the finale or whatever they decide to call it," she said. She was on top of me, and I was trying to kick, punch; anything, but nothing was working. "I would kick you in the butt. Yeah. I would. But this chance could not be turned down. You are so vunerable, so scared ....."

"Shut your face," I said. "I'm never going to beg! Never, not for you!" Then, I saw something. It was the district 11 girl.

Can't she stab Carmella?

Then I remembered she was a pacifist, so she wouldn't. But what could she do?

She shrieked. Carmella jumped off of me, and I ran as fast as I could, I tripped, and I saw it. The whole thing terrified me. Carmella grabbed her face, and there was a shriek of terror. She cut her head off before I could get up and run at her. Then, just to be smug, she stabbed her face in several times and took her supplies.

She was coming towards me. Get up, My brain said. I didn't want to. She'd died before I even knew her name. How could this be? I reminded myself, She wanted you to win. Then, my legs went into full speed. I felt myself release, and I was in my zen mode, except for I was running.

Then, something hit me. In the back of the head. I couldn't see what it was, for I was tumbling down a rocky hill.

Bleeding, scratched up, I looked at the scariest thing I'd ever seen. It was D11's head. I could still see the terrified expression. Oh my God. I screamed.

I had to run. Tadlin and Carmella would find me. Or Kyjuan for that matter.

I was off.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are two chapters left. Then, this is finished. After that I can update my new Wednesday story! (I will update it today, along with a plan)!