Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace for the Wicked: Chapter 22

This was horrible. My mind was racing, and I could tell his was as well. The finale was when we were super exhausted. My legs were on fire, and I felt as if I couldn’t run anymore. I had to win, though, for my family.
Tadlin was running at me. I didn’t actually seem him until the last second. As he tackled me, my head bobbed on the ground. I felt as if it was going to crack. “Finally,” he said. “Revenge for Misha.”


“Why?” I asked.
“Why? You ask why?”


“Yes, I do.”
“Because he’s my brother! You hurt him, to be honest, you killed him.”
“No, that wasn’t me! That was Alla!”
“You killed all of his allies--for fun! You’re just a bloodthirsty beast, you know that!”
“I’m not!! The first one--I was just trying to survive! The second one, I pushed her off of me! She ran into Misha’s knife! It wasn’t my fault!”


“You’re a liar. I know you would have killed him if you had the chance. Misha never wanted to kill anyone. Until you showed up.” he scowled...
“I’m not who you think I am! I have a family! Do you think I ever wanted to kill anyone?”
“Yes! You’re a district 2!”


“Stereotypical.”
“Tell me why you’re different, now!!”
“I’m different because I wanted to escape the careers, I wanted to be alone. Not with bloodthirsty beasts. I went with Fugy, remember?”
He nodded as he glared at me.
“I tried my best to keep him safe. I wasn’t using him or anything. Look how long he lasted!”
“Maybe you’ve proven yourself, but I still have to kill you.”
His knife went into my stomach.
All of the sudden, my vision went blurry. My eyes crossed, and my breaths became shallow. Tadlin wasn’t over me, but the sunny blue sky was. At least I'd die in beauty. I closed my eyes, and my last breath went away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's VERY short, but I didn't think it would need to be any longer. Loren died. :( My sister, who had been reading this was like, "Loren's going to win, I know it," so I just changed the story around a little. It was my original plan to keep her alive....

Thank you for reading. It means the world to me.

Please comment, recommend, subscribe. I don't bite!