Status: Finished Story, Please Enjoy!

No Peace for the Wicked

No Peace For The Wicked: Chapter Six

The next day was the last day of training—which made Nelly all frantic. “Now, you must, go to every station. Tomorrow is individual scores, and you must do well—and you all know that. You’ve been in. I hope to see one of you again. Go.” I went to the knife station—where the Careers went. I really wanted to see what I was up against. Like Maaden, I know him. Carmella, I think I do. All of the others, I really haven’t paid attention to them. I’ve had problems—I’ve got to say.

I looked around the arena, and I saw most people excelling. I knew everyone had won somehow, and unless you’re old—you have a pretty fair chance of winning again. Most of the time District Three wasn’t a problem—not for me. They’re young, and they hate me. Especially Galen. I haven’t even thought about District Four. I know they’re part of the alliance. But you know, I’d rather stay away from people that hate me.

I noticed Canscota, from District Five, was pretty old. Like the late seventies through eighties. Well, he won’t be much of an issue, and I actually feel bad for him. But I’ve noticed that most people in this Quarter Quell are younger. Because I’ve seen twenties, teens, and thirties. It’s not good at all, but I have to overcome the fact that I have to.

I’m only half focusing, and I don’t know that it’s my turn for the station. “Go!” Carmella, who is behind me, snaps. I scowl, and I just take the knife and throw it. It hits the center, and I’m pretty satisfied with myself, and no one really cares. It’s quite different, because if you got it into the center, people would admire that, well, except for the Careers, I guess.

I moved to the bow and arrow, and I kept going through. It worked out well for me, and I didn’t have any delays. When I went to the Nature section of the Training Arena, Carmella stopped me. “Hey,” She said.

I scowled, not knowing what she was doing, “What do you want?”

“I don’t think that I’d go over there.” She said smugly, “Oh wait, I bet you are stupid enough to because you were going!”

“Shut up.” I grumbled. “You sound like you’re twelve.”

I turned around, and I sat on the seats. I really didn’t want to do much—because I had done all of the weapons—and I’m sick of Carmella. I pretty much have no one to trust. Maaden comes over and sits next to me. Oh great. “Leave.” I say.

“And who made you the Queen of the bench?” He asked. “Anyway,” his voice became a whisper, “We’re making a good plan. Bathlela wanted to. She said that we should go to water—make camp, and then we should hunt them. They want water, right? And the GameMakers make only so much water. Plus, we’ve learned alliances, as well. Naytia and Kyjuan are in the alliance together. That’s all we know so far—but we’re working on it.”

“How do you know the arena won’t be just water?” I asked.

“We don’t. But, we’re insuring on it because I heard the GameMakers tell the Mentors to make sure they drink a lot of water before they go into the arena—and he said we’ll need it.”

“But, what if Bathlela dies, and we don’t know what to do?” I ask.

“Think of another plan.” He said, “Anyway, we’ll be fine, but Galen and Carmella don’t like you. So I’d guess to stay away from them . . .”

“I feel so much better.” I grumbled.

After training, I knew it would be individual. So I went to bed as early as I could, to get away from any harm done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maaden

Maaden was the "smart" Kid. He always was smart - but never shared it. He loved academics, but he knew he'd never get to tell anyone. When he got into the Games, he realized that he needed to use them. Malishi, and Alla. Loren, however, was in his way. He killed Fugy, and pushed himself, but he made a mess. He got himself into the Games again. And, Loren.