Touch

.05

Nikki felt something on his face. Maybe a bug or something. He swatted it away either way. Then he felt it again.

“Hey.”

Nikki cracked his eyes open. His vision was swimming, and the lights were not helping his migrane at all. His stomach felt like he was being repeatedly pounded by a brick.

“Hey.”

Tommy tapped his cheek again, watching as Nikki blinked against the bright lights of the hall. Cans of beer were strewn all around Nikki. The one he had been drinking when he blanked had tipped over and spilled into his hair.

Tommy leaned forward and pressed a cold cloth to Nikki's forward, using it to wipe his cheek. “C'mon man, let's get you cleaned up.”

Nikki groaned and went into fetal position, pressing his hands to his stomach. He had to barf, and bad. He felt Tommy's hand on his back. He pushed Tommy away quickly before struggling to sit up, leaning to rest his head on the wall.

“Nikki-”

But that was all Tommy got out before Nikki puked, his vomit spilling on the cans of beer. Tommy quickly reached over and pulled his friend's hair back from his face. The sweat dripping from the bassist was disgusting. Nikki continued like that until he was dry heaving. Tommy was rubbing circles into his back until he finished.

“Better?”

Nikki grabbed the cloth from Tommy and used it to wipe his mouth, tossing it to the floor and spitting.

“Yeah,” he groaned, blinking a few times. “Yeah.”

Tommy grabbed Nikki's arm and hauled him to his feet, watching him sway. Tommy wrapped a hand around Nikki's waist to keep him upright.

“What time is it?” Nikki slurred as Tommy pulled him away, walking him down the hall.

“Late. Early morning. Whatever you wanna say, dude.”

Nikki groaned.

“Mars disappeared. Everyone thinks he went off to drink and have been searching for him all around this shithole place.”

“And Vince?” Nikki asked, a few drops of beer dripping from his hair and down his neck.

Tommy grinned. “Still rockin' the bus, baby. Haha!”

“I think I'm gonna puke,” Nikki rushed as the two pushed through the doors to the parking lot.

Tommy let his hand drop from Nikki as the bassist fell to his hands and knees, closing his eyes as he gasped for breath. Tommy sat on the curb beside him and put his hand on Nikki's shaking back, letting him hurl up the rest of the beer.