Status: Writing

Act Your Age

Chapter 14: Making Amends

#Taylor#

I sat in the arm chair, waiting. I had waited for what seemed like forever, and he hadn't come. As soon as I left Ronni's place, I went home, and waited to get pummeled by Jordan. I also needed to know how she was doing, because, obviously, she wasn't going to tell me herself.

I fell asleep in the chair across from the entrance. I was awoken by a loud slam of the door. I glanced around, startled, to find Jordan standing in the doorway, glaring at me. Getting to my feet, I walked towards him, prepared with an arsenal of questions. Jordan helped close the gap between us but startled me with a punch to the nose.

I clutched it and bent over. "Goddammit!" I hollered. I staggered backward and stood back up, once I was sure he hadn't broken it. I was ready to punch him back, but I thought better of it. That might not be the BEST way to get him to help you, just saying. "Jordan!" I shook it off. You know it's a bad sign when you get used to getting punched by your best friend.

"That was from Ronni." he grumbled, "With love." I cautiously let go of my nose and returned my hand to my side. Please don't hit me again. He pointed at me and scolded, "You fucked up... big time." With that, he moved into his room and dropped his gym bag on the floor.

I followed closely behind as he slipped off his sneakers and tossed his hat onto his dresser. "What did she say? What did you say? Is she okay?"

"Like you care!" Jordan spun around and shoved me. "No, she's not fucking okay! You practically costed her her job because you were a jealous little fuck who can't stand not having his way!" I'd never seen Jordan act like this, not because of a girl...

I backed up and held my hands up in a defensive position. "Whoa... I know I was being selfish and dumb and I apologized and... I'm sorry."

"She told me..." he sighed, putting his hands to his side. "She told me everything about you two." I was speechless. Phoebe was right, I was about to lose two relationships, the ones that were most important to me.

I shook my head and frowned. "Look... Jordan, I'm sorry. I just... I couldn't tell you that I-"

"I knew... I knew all along. It was obvious, the way you guys looked at each other and teased each other... the way you acted together when you were around me." he sighed, sitting down on the corner of his bed. I leaned on the door frame, feeling uncomfortable. What am I supposed to say to that? "I was just waiting for you...or her... to tell me... I thought you would be straight up with me about it but... I guess I was wrong."

"You gotta know, that the only reason I didn't tell you was... I couldn't hurt you like that! I couldn't tell you that I had feelings for your girlfriend!" I argued, throwing my hands in the air.

He stood up, hands balled into fists. It was as if he suddenly turned into a time bomb that was waiting to explode. "Right, you can't tell me to my face, so you go behind my back and do it instead?" I looked down, ashamed. He was right. Jordan grunted and put a hand to his forehead, massaging it "Fuck it. that's not the point. The point is that you always had the chance to go for her... we were never that serious. I would have let you have her because she wanted you..."

"You... why?" I asked. How is he still a good person, after all he's been through, he's still being the perfect guy while I'm stuck always messing up everyone's life?

"Because, it would have made her happy. I care about Ronni as a friend first, and whatever makes her happy is okay with me. We even said at the beginning that we would break up if either of us found someone that we really liked!"

I slid down to the ground, clutching my head as I went. "Are you fucking serious right now...." I whispered to myself.

"You're so dumb, it's a wonder you graduated high school." he shot. I didn't respond. I figured insulting him back was a bad idea. "You're going to be working with Jack until you're on the ice again..." He's joking. One look at Jordan's face told me he wasn't. "Ronni's going to be on the bench. You can't talk to her when you come back on the ice. She doesn't want anything to do with you."

I stood up, ready to dispute this. "She told you this? Is that what you guys were talking about up there?" Jordan nodded and I groaned. "Did you defend me? Did you tell her how sorry I was?"

"Why would I defend my so-called friend when he can't even tell me that he likes the girl in the first place. Defend yourself, jackass!" Jordan hollered, crossing his arms over his chest.

I trudged around his room for a second, processing the news. "I can't talk to her ever? I... How am I supposed to fix this if she won't let me talk to her?"

"I don't know... but I'm not helping you... you don't deserve it." Jordan shrugged. "I'm done being the nice guy... and if you go near Ronni without her permission, I'll kill you."

I stared at Jordan. "Are... are you kidding me? We're best friends! You can't... you can't just..." After all we'd been through. "You're tossing me to the side, like trash? Because... because of Ronni?"

He shook his head. "You tossed me to the side for her.... might as well return the favor. Besides, you clearly still need to learn the difference between right and wrong... I'm not going to reward you for practically ruining another person's life for your own personal gain."

I shook my head and glared at him. "You... Jordan! You're not being serious!" I insisted. I can't believe this. This isn't happening. My own best friend is turning on me?!

"Get out." he commanded as he took a step towards me. I didn't move. I demanded his assistance. "Get out of my room." Jordan shoved ms until I fell out of the doorway and into the living room. He slammed the door behind him and locked it, preventing me from coming back.

"I will see her!" I hollered. "You don't scare me!" I pounded on the door a few times before giving up and collapsing to the floor in the middle of the living room. "Damnit!" I screamed. I ran a quick circle in the room, frustrated. "Fuck!" I kicked the couch with all my might, then realized that it was a horrible idea once pain started shooting up from my big toe. I fell onto the couch, gripping my toe. I stared up at the ceiling.

This is it? We don't even get a chance? I can't blame her. I'd be sick of me too. There has to be a way to fix this... Maybe Phoebe's right... maybe Jordan's right too. I have to leave her alone. Even if I don't want to, maybe it's better for her... for now. I... I'll give her space, if it makes her happy, I guess, because making her miserable sure isn't fulfilling. It's decided. Leave her alone. For real this time.

*Ronni*

A few days had passed since my fight with Taylor. I had relaxed considerably since then. Jordan came over periodically, checking up on me, like the good guy he was. I focused more on school work, hung out with Phoebe and Annie, and just... lounged around. I hadn't realized how much time I was spending with Taylor until I stopped. I had so much extra time on my hands, it was shocking. The one person the falling out didn't shock was Uncle Jack...

"I quit." I stated as I walked into his office. Jack looked up from the calendar he was marking and motioned for me to sit down. I did so and repeated, "I quit. And quite frankly, I don't care what you have to say about it."

Jack set the calendar down and slid off his old-guy-glasses. Leaning over the desk, he shook his head. "No, you're not."

I shook my head. "Jack-" The glare he shot cut through me like a knife. I corrected myself, "Uncle Jack, I'm not working with Taylor anymore... I can't. And, you were right... I should have broken it up with Jordan and... I understand that now. But it's all been sorted out and I think my time here is done."

"God Ronni, you sound like you're on your deathbed. No one's going to fire you." he insisted, standing up from his desk.

"First off, I don't think that's completely true." I stood up too. "Secondly, that would be why I'm quitting."

"Mitchell's-" he began, a disapproving look creeping its way onto his face.

I threw my hands over my head. "I don't care what Mitchell's do or don't do! I'm quitting. I'm Ronni, I'm pissed, and I'm quitting! Here me roar!"

Jack didn't say anything for a moment. He pointed to the seat and I reluctantly sat back down. Jack sat on the front of his desk, one leg dangling off, and chuckled, "Will you let me finish?" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. "You can work the bench with Ross and I while I work with Taylor and get him on the ice. Sound fair?"

My jaw dropped at the kindness. What happened to the guy who threatened the end of my job if I didn't end my relationship? Who's this dude? "Uh... yeah but... didn't your boss tell you about my actions and..."

"Yeah, he did. He likes me though, and I explained that you and Taylor got into fights frequently, so he was a biased source, which is why you just got a warning. Besides... in the end, you made the right decision." Even if it wasn't for the right reasons?

I smiled. "Thanks..." I stood and gave him a tight hug. "I have a quick question for you though..."

He backed away, eyeing me suspiciously. "Okay..."

"What do you think of Florida Schools? The Panthers?" I wondered with a smirk. Jack cocked his head to the side, confused. "They offered me an internship if I transfer to a school there... I'd get a job as soon as I'm certified."
Jack's dazed look slowly transformed to one of joy. "I'd say go for it."

So, because I only had to work by the bench, I really only worked two to three days a week, which allowed for some free time. I started excelling in my classes due to the schedule change. I was a lot less stressed too.

Probably about a week and a half after the spat, I was getting the bench ready for the guys at what was to be my last game at Rexall Place. It was depressing, to say the least. Within a few weeks, the semester was ending, and it was time for Florida. I would be leaving my friends, both old and new, and my family, really. Still, it had to be my last game, because Taylor was getting back on the ice in the coming days, and I had requested that I no longer work while he played. Jack understood and agreed.

Anyways, as I was placing the bottles in their respective spots, I heard a whistle from the ice. I looked up to see Theo and Sam Gagner skating over to me. I giggled and leaned on the boards. "Hey, slackers." I teased.

Sam rolled his eyes, but Theo was frowning. "Is it true?" I furrowed my brows and waited for further explanation. "Are you leaving?"

"Jordan told us it was Florida? You're trading us in for the Panthers?" Sam jumped in, playing with the blade of his stick. He said it accusingly, as if I was a GM trading them in the off-season.

I straightened up and looked to Jordan. Must we tell everyone? I grimaced, hoping he would receive my subliminal message. He only gave a sad sort of smirk before he took a shot on goal. I looked back to the guys in front of me and frowned back. "Yeah... I'm sorry but... I can't stay here."

"Why not?" Theo practically whined.

The sight of your teammate makes me start dry heaving... and I don't think the janitorial staff would appreciate me yaking all over the place. But, hey, if you can convince them otherwise- "I just... it's an unbelievable opportunity and..." Sam, more level-headed, seemed to be taking it well. Theo, however, was getting more antsy the more I went into it. How can I explain this to him so that he'll get it?

Then it hit me. It was probably one of the few things that I learned from Rexall Place: how to get through to thick-headed athletes. What is the one thing every hockey player dreams of?

I leaned forward and put a hand on his massive shoulder. "Look... you know how you had that feeling when you were drafted like... 'this is what I'm supposed to do'? 'I made it and I belong here'?" Theo nodded, looking a bit perplexed. "Like 'here's my shot. I can be anything I want, do anything I want, and get anything I want, including the cup? I can reach my dream?'" Sam and Theo exchanged glances and then simultaneously looked back to me. "Well, this is it for me. I've been waiting to go there and... it's finally my chance."

Theo was still pouting, but he was less excited. "Yeah... I understand. You gotta do what you gotta do." I nodded and leaned over the benches, giving him an awkward, one-armed hug.

"Go warm up. I'll see you guys after the game?" I asked with a smirk. They both nodded and sluggishly skated away. I watched as they rejoined practice and started messing around with everyone, as usual. Every once in a while, I caught Jordan looking at me expectantly. I don't know what he's waiting for. I smirked and waved to him.

Watching him and the other guys laugh as they playfully punched each other made me suddenly home-sick. It didn't make sense, because they were right in front of me, but I guess it finally hit me that when I went to Florida, I would not only be ditching Taylor, but I'd be leaving all these people I'd come to love over the past few months.

"You sure about Florida?" I turned to see Jack holding some towels. How does he always know what I'm thinking? He handed them to me and I stacked them up against the wall where we stood, tossing a few in the cubbies as well.

"Yeah..." I sighed, putting a towel in the very last area of the ledge. "Positive." Jack was shaking his head and smiling as he walked back down the hall.

"If you say so..." he chuckled.

#Taylor#

I was up in the press box, as usual. I wished I was on the bench for more reasons than one. Obviously, I wanted to be there because I wanted to play, but I also noticed Ronni was down there. She hadn't spoken to me in a week. Jordan wasn't telling me anything. Even Nuge, who had begun going out with Annie, wouldn't reveal anything. I had no idea how she was, what she was doing, whether she was happy!

At this point, that's all I want to know. I need some form of affirmation that she is happy, decent even. Just as long as she is feeling okay, I would at least know that the difficulties of not talking to her would be paying off.

Jack was kicking my butt too. All of a sudden, I missed Ronni's constant nagging. Anything beats wind sprints twenty-four-seven. I mean, I was in shape; I was practically ready to get back on the ice. It just wasn't as fun as it was with Ronni. Then again, working out isn't exactly supposed to be fun, I had just been spoiled...

I was practicing on the ice with the guys. I finally felt like part of the team again. The only disappointing piece was the fact that I had to pick up after Jordan. It was partially because of our bet, and partially because I was trying to make it up to him. I also noticed that as the week progressed, the hits he took on me were getting less and less extreme. In guy code, I took that to mean he was warming back up to me.

In other news, my leg held up fine. It was still tight in comparison to my right knee, but it was bearable. I think that the tightness wasn't going to go away and I would always have to deal with it. Despite the progress, coach wanted to keep me out of the game for just a little longer.

And so, there I was, in the press box, watching from above, again. Ronni looked up once during the whole game. I gave a tentative smirk, nervous for the response. She didn't smile... but she didn't exactly glare either. She kind of just flipped her pony-tail at me and looked away. Hey, that's better than getting the finger, right?

I don't even remember the score of the game. I was too focused on Ronni. I was mentally begging her to look back up at me, and I was willing to stare at her until she did. Of course, with my luck, she didn't.

The only bright thing that came from the night was the fact that this was my last game sitting out. Not only did it mean I would be playing, but it meant Ronni would be forced to be within a ten foot radius of me when I was on the bench. It was my chance to get her to listen to me and just to see how she was doing. I just had to make sure Jordan didn't see....

*Ronni*

After the game, I started bringing the water bottles back into the equipment room, along with the towels. Ross, Jack, and I were about half way done, when I heard someone call my name. "Ronni!" it repeated. I turned to see Theo at the end of the hallway that connected the locker room and the rink. I nodded to acknowledge him, but I couldn't exactly stop with seven water bottles filling my arms. "Come here!"

I shook my head as I walked to the equipment room. "Got to finish cleaning up first!" I called back. When I resurfaced from the room, Theo was only a few feet away. "I promise, I'll come find you when I'm done, okay?"

"Just go, Ronni. We got it." My uncle insisted as he came in from the rink, towels in hand. I opened my mouth to argue, but he beat me to it. "No buts, just go."

I rolled my eyes and willingly went with Theo when he tugged my arm. "Where are we going?" I asked. I looked up as Theo, still dressed in his leg pads, dragged me into the locker room. "No! I can't just-" Yeah, I'm sure everyone would love it if I burst in on their privacy.

"Relax!" he hollered.

We walked in to find it completely pitch black. I breathed calmly, hoping my eyes would adjust, but they didn't. I couldn't see a thing. Before I could ask why we were here, I heard someone whisper, "One... two... three..." The lights abruptly came on and I immediately rubbed my eyes until they cleared up. I glanced around to find the whole team, spread about the room, smiling.

"Surprise!" They all screamed in unison.

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands, mostly because I was scared to death. From the back of the room, by the walkway to the showers, Jordan and Nuge walked towards me, holding a big cake, covered in vanilla icing. When they were close enough, I read what the cake said. "Congrats! Stay An Oilers Fan, Even In Florida!"

I laughed and shook my head as the candles illuminated the words. "You guys... Thanks. I really didn't want you all to find out and... you didn't have to do this."

"Of course we did! When Jordan told us you were leaving, we had to do something. After all, you patched up my leg." Ryan Jones insisted, putting his hands on my shoulder. I smirked and patted his hands.

"Yeah, and my hand!"

"And my foot!"

"And-"

"I get it! I get it... thanks, guys." I giggled, glancing around at them all and giving them smiles.

Horcoff rolled his eyes and cheered, "Just blow out the candles so we can eat, already!"

I shot him a dirty look but he only smirked in response. I leaned forward, making sure to hold my pony-tail away from the fire, and took in a deep breath. I exhaled, trying to extinguish them all in one shot. It took two more puffs to finish the job. The guys cheered and clapped once it was done.

I still kick myself about this one. I should have seen it coming, considering they're all goofballs and they love to mess around. I was in the middle of standing up right again, when I felt a hand firmly press my face into the cake. I immediately flinched and bounced back, touching my head and feeling the sticky icing on my face. I gaped and laughed, speechless.

The guys "Oh-ed" and chuckled.

I glared around at the bunch as I wiped my eye-lids. "I hate you all." I laughed.

Jones shouted, "Now you're officially part of the gang." Somehow, I don't think everyone of them had had their faces shoved in cake. Looking around at them and their stupid faces again, I decided, Okay, maybe it's more likely than I thought.

I looked to Jordan who shrugged. "Not my idea. I just bought the cake." he laughed.

Shrugging, I giggled, "That's all right... Here, no hard feelings." I moved forward towards Jordan, tongue sticking out.

"No-no-no!" he yelled. Jordan was cornered. He had to hold the cake steady with Ryan, so
movement was limited. "Don't you-" Too late. I smeared my face up against his cheek.

As usual, the guys chuckled along with it, but they didn't realize that I was soon coming after them. I got Theo, and Sam, and both Ryans. Eventually, I got everyone. Thankfully, they were willing participants and allowed me to at least get a glob on each of their faces.

Once I had a towel, I cleaned off my face. No one really ate the cake, but a lot of laughs were shared. I made my way around the room and said goodbye to each of them. It was probably the last time I'd see them in Rexall Place, and the last time I'd see them for a while. I hadn't realized how much I liked everyone until I had to say goodbye.

My favorites, like Nuge and Theo and Jordan got super tight hugs and pecks on the cheeks. Then, I was on my way out of Rexall Place.

#Taylor#

I was on my way into the locker room when I bumped into Ronni. Honestly, I was under the impression that seeing her was impossible, so I didn't bother looking for her. Of course, the one moment I'm not paying attention and I'm not trying to talk to her, she finds me. "Oof!" Ronni staggered back and fell to the floor. Whoa. Déja Vu. Reminds me of Ronni's first night by the bench.

"Ouch!" She whined, fumbling on the ground. I reached a hand toward her, flashing her the most friendly, and guilty, no-tooth smirk I could. Ronni glared up at me, but she took my hand and stood up. "Watch where you're going." she mumbled.

I frowned and dropped my hand to my side. "Are you okay?" I wondered, rubbing my neck nervously. Be cool. Stay calm. Maybe she's not mad.

"Like you care." she growled, storming past.

Oooookay. Still mad. "Of course I care!" I insisted, chasing after her. She's not leaving. I grabbed her arm and held her back. "Just... just wait, okay?" Ronni snatched her arm away, but she stayed put.

"Two minutes." she huffed through gritted teeth.

I took a deep breath. Crap. What do I say in two minutes? "I'm sorry." Good start. "I'm really sorry for threatening your dream... I know how much it meant to you and... I don't blame you for being mad." She didn't say anything, just nodded. Tough crowd... "I'm not asking to be your boyfriend... I'm not asking to be your friend.. I'm not asking anything, really... I just want to know you're okay..."

"I'm fine." she grumbled, moving around me.

I chuckled, "Convincing, really." I ran after her again. "Look I..." She paused and turned to face me, red with anger. "I just wanted to apologize-"

"You did that." she pointed out, curtly.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Why does she ALWAYS make things so difficult. Even apologizing. "and... I hope you can still practice physical therapy. Really. I mean, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen for you. I'll write letters of recommendation and whatever you need. I'll make it happen." Her eyes softened a little at that, but her jaw was still clenched. "I hope eventually... you can trust me again and I hope we can stay friends..."

"Forget it." she mumbled under her breath. Ronni turned again, moving towards the door.

I frowned and furrowed my brows. Think quick, think quick! "Well... I also wanted to say thanks!" I called down the hall. Ronni stopped, but kept her back to me. "Thank you.. not only for the knee thing. That too but... you helped me become a better person." She slowly turned to face me. "I didn't care about anyone besides myself and now... well, let's say, I've never chased a girl down like this before. So.. thanks for the change."

For a second, I saw sympathy flicker across her face, but it was soon replaced by hate. She just looked cold. "Apparently, it wasn't enough of a change." Ronni hissed before walking out the door.

I didn't bother following her, because I figured, like Phoebe taught me, she needer her space. Maybe, once she absorbed what I actually said, she'd come around. Maybe not. Clearly, the problem wasn't going to disappear with one quick apology.

I had something in mind, though. I skipped the locker room and instead made my way to the box office to find Charlie the ticket guy sitting in the booth, not another person in sight. "Hey, Charlie." I sighed as I slipped my wallet from my pocket, glancing around as if I was cutting in front of someone in the imaginary line.

"Hey, Taylor. What can I do for you?" he asked, taking his feet down from the ledge in front of him.

I slipped him a few bills, which he politely declined, as was custom whenever I tried to buy a ticket from him. "One ticket to Saturday's game."

*Ronni*

I couldn't decide whether I felt bad or not. I was trying to be strong Ronni who wouldn't let anyone step all over her. Instead, I felt more like the Ronni who would have forgiven a mass murderer if he promised not to do it again. Pushing the thoughts of Taylor out of my head all together was out of the question. It just kept nagging at the back of my mind, even when I was doing something else like studying anatomy or making breakfast. It was horrible.

The fact that he kept texting me didn't help either. I didn't even bother to read the messages, for fear that it would influence my decision, which I still couldn't figure out. At one point, I told Annie to hide my phone for the day so that I could keep a clear mind.

Of course, a few days after I left Rexall Place, Annie was going out on her second date with Ryan. I was so excited that, for once, she wasn't dating a jerk. But I couldn't mingle with the two of them before they went, I was stuck in my room, packing for my trip to Florida...

Bathing suits? Check! Glasses? Check! Flip-flops? Ch-
"Hey!" Annie chirped from the hall. I turned to see her trot into the doorway and lean on its frame. I gave her a smile as I placed my flip-flops in my suitcase. "I just wanted to tell you, your phone is in my room, on my dresser... you know, when you feel like getting it."

I rolled my eyes and sat down on my bed. "Thanks... I think I'm going to leave it there for a little while longer..."

"Still confused?" she wondered. I nodded and folded my hands in my lap. "Well... Ryan's here and... he has something for you that I think might help a little."

She was grinning and I knew that it was not a good thing. Both Phoebe and Annie had been trying to persuade me to forgive Taylor. As if my own inner-conflict wasn't enough....

I shook my head and growled, "I don't want Ryan getting in on this too. This is between me and-" I had returned to my suitcase, organizing my shirts so that I could properly fit my pants. Annie tugged at my arm but I shook her off. "Annie, stop! Just go on your date and I'll see you later. I don't want to walk about Taylor anymore."

She crinkled her nose and crossed her arms over her chest. She resembled a cranky elf from the North Pole. "Fine!" she yelled, "I'll bring him in here. Ryan!" Annie marched from the room, and before I could close the door, she had returned with a nervous and awkward looking Ryan. "Go ahead, give it to her."

I could have said several inappropriate things just then, but I was too mad to think about it. Ryan gave a small wave and handed me an envelope. "It's from Taylor..." I opened my mouth to protest, trying to shove it back at him. "Just open it. He's not going to stop, Ronni... Just give him a chance... so I can escape his constant questioning about you."

I stared back at the two of them. They fit together perfectly. Annie was petite, but forceful for a little chick. And Nuge, he was quiet, and not super buff, but strong-looking. Looking at them standing side by side, it gave me goosebumps, because it appeared as if they'd known each other for a while, when in actuality, they had only met a couple weeks prior.

Annie put her arm around Ryan's waist and pointed at the envelope with the other hand. "Do it. You don't have to like him, but you should hear him out this one time, okay? Before you leave?"

I puckered my lips together and stuffed the envelope under my arm. "Okay.... Now get out of here, you guys." I lightly shoved them from my room and watched as they walked across the living room and exited the apartment.

"So, what's in it?" Phoebe inquired, startling me. I jumped, dropping the envelope. I glared at her as she entered the living room from her room. She only smiled as she jumped onto the couch.

I snatched it up off the ground and put it back under my arm. "I don't know... and I don't care." I moved towards the trash can, ready to dispose of the item, when I felt Phoebe steal it. I whirled around to find her sprinting away, tearing it open as she went. "Phoebe!"

"You lied to them? Evil. I'll open it for you!" she cackled, hiding in the bathroom and slamming the door closed behind her.

Thankfully, it was unlocked. I swung the door open, following closely behind. "It's illegal to open other people's mail!" I insisted as I glanced about the bathroom. I saw her shadow behind the shower curtain. I dragged them open, reaching for the letter. "Give it!"

"Well shit!" she gasped. "Kid's deep... who knew?" I did.

She willingly gave up the envelope, whose contents she had already searched. I sat down on the toilet and explored the papers inside the envelope. I took out one ticket to an Oilers game Saturday, the day before I left for Florida. I considered tossing it aside, feeling that going to a hockey game alone would be lame, but then I thought about it, I mean really really thought about it...... I could always sell it.

"Don't forget the letter part." she pushed, exiting her secret hideout in the shower. I waved a hand at her, but read the separate letter.

Dear Ronni,
I know you're still mad, and I know it's going to take a long time before you can stand the sight of me, mostly because you won't even return my texts. I figured that this was a good start to patching things up. It's a ticket to the game this Saturday, right by the glass. I know the last thing you probably feel like doing is going back to Rexall Place, but I wanted you to be there. It's the first game I'll be playing since my injury and it wouldn't have been possible without you. Again, thanks. I couldn't have done it without you. You're a great physical therapist, coach, and friend, and I didn't deserve you...
I really am sorry for the internship-scare. I knew what I was doing, but, you have to understand, I've been fighting with myself for a long time now, about whether it was right to chase you or not. I didn't want to hurt Jordan, and I didn't know you felt the same way, but I'm also a jealous guy. That's why I did what I did.
I don't know how else to prove it to you, that I'm really trying to change. I guess it's true that actions speak louder than words, because so far, you haven't been so fond of any of my words. So, my action was this: I talked to the medical staff at the rink, and they said that once you graduated, providing you didn't have any more slip-ups, they would offer you a job here.
Of course, I don't blame you if you don't want to because you don't want to see me. Still, if you really want this job, I'll avoid you at all costs if that's what you want. Hopefully, when you start working here, and I don't completely ruin your work-place, you'll see that I did learn a few things from you.
I just hope you come to the game. It'll be fun, and you can officially brag about how you healed the one and only Taylor Hall. (That was supposed to be a joke). If you do decide to give me another chance, just text me. I don't want to bother you anymore with the texting. Anyways, I'll see you later, hopefully.


-Taylor the Asshole who deserves to be punched

I hadn't realized it, but I was shaking after reading the letter. I didn't know why. I glanced down at the ticket. To go or not to go... I sat down in the shower, contemplating this. Its not an easy decision. It seems like he's being sincere... At the same time, is it worth trying to fix the relationship if I'm not even going to be here? Why does it matter? At the same time, he's still trying really hard to keep me when all I can do is push him away. Maybe he's just making himself feel better. Or maybe-

Yeah, Annie, this cleared things right up... really... THANKS.

"Just go!" Phoebe bellowed. She scared me, causing me to jerk my head and hit it against the tiled walls. I glared at her as I massaged my now sore head. "You know you want to.. deep down."

I stood up and shook my head. "Stay out of this! I'm so tired of everyone butting in!" I charged past and escaped to my room, lying on my bed.

"Maybe it's because you have no idea what you're doing and you need people butting in." she argued, following me into my room.

"Get out before I burn the fucking ticket. Would that make you happy?" I threatened. I didn't turn to check if she was still there, because I didn't have to. The room fell silent and I was alone again with my thoughts... which I don't think was such a good thing.

He is really cute still. But he's still selfish, right?

Here we go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like how things are kind of picking up and where the story is headed. I want to know how Taylor/Jordan fans feel about the last few chapters. I'm not like that girl who's like "Give me three comments for a new update!" but like... just comment for my sanity? Literally, you could write "I like pies" or something completely random, but I could use something humorous or nice right now...

Sorry, don't hate me, but things piled on this week. I literally tried to post three times during the week but, after tomorrow, I will have had five tests this week (four in the same day) as well as a sixth test that I constantly have to study for and the SAT's to worry about. Then there are these therapists in my house and I had to run a mile in under a certain time and my friends were being mean and now I'm just complaining like a whiney-whiner-pants.
Seriously ignore my complaints.

Also super sorry it's a late update.
P.S. You're all super nice and it makes me smile to know that someone is reading and enjoying this.