Status: Writing

Act Your Age

Chapter 5: Get Even

*Ronni*

I could not have screamed louder if I tried. Taylor jumped and turned away, embarrassed as he threw his hands over his eyes. I grabbed my towel and tied it tightly around me as I, a little too aggressively, shut the water off. "I-Taylor!"

"I'm-I'm so sorry! I had no idea-I thought... Only Jack comes in and-" he sputtered. "I swear to God! I d-d-didn't mean to-"

"Get out!" I screeched, hurling a soap bottle towards him. It hit him in the back and with that he sprinted from the room like a stray cat being sprayed with a hose. "I'm really sorry!" he called one last time, as he slid from the room.

My heart was pounding, my face was hot, and all I wanted to do was hide in a hole and never come out... EVER. However... I didn't know where the nearest deep, dark hole was located, so I figured slamming myself against the wall, slowly sliding too the floor, letting it squeak loudly against my wet towel and body, would have to suffice. I groaned and pounded the tile as if it was its fault. I can't face him again... I can't-sessions will have to be canceled because-that's just so damn awkward and-WHY?!

#Taylor#

I quickly jogged down the halls with my newfound knee and just wandered aimlessly. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care. I felt like such a creeper! I mean... I found her in the shower-the shower! And... instead of immediately leaving, which I had ample time to do before she caught me... I just.... I just stared. You ass-wipe... pig head. She's going to hate me and-

"Hey Taylor!" Horcoff greeted, annoyed, as I bumped into him. "Watch where you're going, eh?" I was ready to say something like 'Yeah, sorry. Wasn't paying attention.' but apparently, my mind hadn't sent the message to my mouth fast enough because Shawn looked confused. "Uh... what? Are you okay? Drunk or something?"

I shook my head. "No! No, I'm fine I just... I need to get out of here.... Before Jo-"

"Hey, am I giving you a ride?" Jordan called from behind. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. He joined Shawn and I and patted me on the back. "Shawn, did you hear? Taylor ran a bit today. Got those juices pumping... eh bud?" Shawn smiled and gave me a pat on the back but I didn't look at Jordan. "Taylor?"

Reluctantly, I looked at him. "Uh... yeah... it was... nude-nice! I mean nice!"

Neither of them noticed the slip up, but they did see me jump a little. "Yeah, we could really use you out there bud. Get better, alrighty?"

"Yeah.. working on it...." I sighed as Shawn walked off, leaving me alone with Jordan.

Jordan hopped in front of me, smiling. "Yeah, so, Nuge and Ganger want to go see a movie or something tonight, you in?" I wasn't really listening to anything he was saying... All I could think about was Ronni... and her curves. Her hair... her chest... her stomach her- "You a peep?" Jordan's voice echoed
through my day dream.

I shook to attention and stared at him, scared shitless. "What?"

"I said, You asleep. God... what's gotten into you? Is Ronni working you too hard? Getting inside your head?" he asked, reaching toward me.

I flinched and nodded. "Yeah... she's in my head alright." Jordan cocked his head, confused. "Look... uh.. I need to go for a walk but... I'll hang out with you guys later, okay? I just... I need to clear my head..."

"Is it about your knee?" Jordan asked.

I lied my ass off. "Yeah... you know, I just... I need to calm down and-"

"Look, if it's about the bet, don't worry. We'll drop it and- just focus on-" Jordan began, putting a hand on my shoulder. I felt bad that he probably thought I was going insane over this stupid, miniscule bet and getting better. Normally, he probably would have been right, because I hate losing... anything. At least I got one thing out of this situation: no bet. "Being away from the ice can be-"

Just then, Ronni walked down the hall. I knew because I recognized the enticing scent of lavender soap from the shower... "Hey guys."

"Hey!" Jordan called excitedly. She joined us and gave Jordan a peck on the cheek. I had to turn away, feeling even more like an asshole for witnessing a moment between the two of them after I just saw.. all of Ronni. For all I know... I could have seen more of his girl than he has.... "You got him running?"

Ronni smiled and nodded, avoiding eye contact with me. Who could blame her? "Yeah, that's actually why I came... I had to talk to Taylor about the routine for the next few days... uh, could you give us a minute?"

"You know, I have to go to the car anyways but... I'll see you later?" he insisted. Ronni nodded with the fakest, no teeth smile I had ever seen... and Jordan didn't even notice. He just gave her a real kiss, which made me flinch, patted me on the shoulder, and made his way to the parking lot exit. Don't leave me...

*Ronni*

I forced myself to look at him... you know, when I realized he couldn't look at me either. "Taylor...."

"I didn't see anything!" he denied, walking away, down the hall. "I promise. Got to go...."

I reluctantly chased after him and pushed him roughly against the wall. Anything it takes... "Then why can't you look at me?" Taylor lifted his head slowly, but then, he was staring at my forehead. "In the eyes." He held my gaze for a second, and then looked away, blushing uncontrollably. "I know this is awkward... but... don't get so uptight just.... it was an accident... I know... and I'm okay with it."

"I can't... I can't look at you and... I'm sorry and- ugh! I'm such an asshole! Please don't tell Jordan-he'll kill me and-" he rambled.

I slammed my hand over his mouth to shut him up. Then he looked at me, no problem. "Taylor... It's no big deal. We're fine, okay? You saw what you saw... there's no going back... and we'll move on, right?" He nodded silently. "Now, when I take my hand away, you're not going to mention it again, right?" He shook his head. "Good." I slowly removed my hands from his big-ass lips... except I regretted it dearly.

"But I'm really sorry and-" he began again.

I slammed his mouth closed again. "See? Now... you're doing it again! I don't think you're grasping the whole concept here... Taylor, if you apologize one more time, I'll tell Jordan that you saw and you didn't look away." His face went white, but he didn't say anything."I'm not kidding. Do you understand?" He nodded and I carefully took my hand away.

"We pretend it never happened?" he asked, holding his hands up in front of me for emphasis. He looked like a scared little kid.

I tilted my head to the side and smirked, crossing my arms over my chest. "Pretend what never happened?" He grinned and nodded. "That's what I thought. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I turned to walk down the hallway when he began "I mean, I can strip for you-"

"Nope! That's fine!" I insisted, walking down the hall a little faster. Oh God... here comes asshole-Taylor...

He now found a way to lift the tension... and get in my head again. That's not to say that it was the best tactic by any means... "Come on, I'll do a whole show, lap dance, everything, just for you." He chased me and tickled my ear.

"Leaving!" I screamed, laughing as I ran to the parking lot. "Get out of here, Hall!"

#Taylor#

"We'll get even, I promise." I teased, letting her leave. She jogged down to the end of the hall, turned the corner, and fell out of sight. I sighed and backed up against the wall, sliding down to the ground. "She's great..." I whispered to myself as I ran my hand through my hair. Now I'm really in deep shit...

"Who's great?" someone barked from behind me. I abruptly stood up to see Jack standing there with his hands on his hips.

"I- no one..." He raised an eyebrow. "I... I got to go... but, I'll see you tomorrow, Jack." I concluded as I walked backward down the hall.

He nodded. "Why don't I believe you?" he called after me.

"You never do." I reminded him with a small smirk.

I walked out of the rink and found Jordan waiting for me in his car. I hopped in and he began driving quietly. "So, what did you guys talk about?" he wondered.

I shrugged. "The work out plan..."

"What did you decide then? You were in there for a while." he mentioned, letting his voice trail. I looked over to see him gripping the wheel tightly. Well, shit. Just what I need...

I rolled my eyes. "We're going to run again, and then I'm going to start weight training soon... eventually, I'll get on the ice. Is that okay with you, Jordan?" I asked, an acidic tone creeping it's way through my voice. I huffed and looked out the window, frustrated. He has no fucking idea...

"Taylor.... are you sure there's nothing going on-" he started quietly as we came to a red light. He looked over at me with an understanding look.... Let me tell you something. Jordan is a nice guy... but no dude can ever understand backstabbing... none. Not even him.

I shook my head. "I don't like her. And it's pretty shitty how you don't believe me when... we've been friends for a while now and... never mind." I let my head rest against the seat and closed my eyes, hoping he'd drop it. Sure... play the guilt card.

"I'm sorry... I'm just-"

"Paranoid... I know. I'm not stealing her from you...." I insisted as he pulled around a couple corners. Although, I could. "However, I was curious... how'd it go, between you two?" I asked, opening my eyes. Jordan was hiding a grin as he pulled into our parking lot. "Hmm?" I nudged him lightly. Jordan gave me a smile and silently got out of the car. He didn't say anything, not even when we got into the apartment. I had to badger him again. "You came in pretty late last night... did you... stay over or...?"

He shook his head as he flopped onto the couch. I jumped next to him and hit him with one of the pillows. "Alright! Alright... We just made out... a lot... for a while. Then, I took her home and we made out there... I met her roommates.... then I came home."

"That's it?" I asked skeptically. Thank God...

Jordan nodded and smiled. "Yeah, mom, can I go to bed now?" I nodded and shoved him off the couch. "Hey, her roommate is pretty cute... the single one that is. Maybe you two could go out? We'll double date?"

I just waved him away, more because I didn't hear anything past the idea of him kissing her. Jordan rolled his eyes, said good night, and went into his room... leaving me to my thoughts. I felt horrible... but right then and there, I wanted to tear Jordan apart, limb from limb. Jealously had gotten the best of me and I couldn't take it. It was just a kiss, right? I didn't hear her side of the story... even though she won't talk about it... I'll figure something out... I will.

To be honest, nothing came to mind... except the last ditch effort... telling management.... which I promised both of them I wouldn't. Is it worth it? Hurting both of them so I can have the slightest chance of being with someone who doesn't even like me... and someone I don't know if I legitimately have feelings for... or just want for the sibling rivarly between Jordan and I.

Oh yeah... I thought about it. Maybe the only reason I liked her was because I didn't want Jordan to have her. It seems crazy considering I'd been spending all that time trying to keep them together so that he could be happy... but as soon as she was nice to him, I immediately tried to get her to be nice to me... maybe it's the same with the kiss. I don't know... But sitting up until one in the morning thinking about it isn't going to help anyone.

I went to bed, unsure of what i was going to do. If I told Jordan any of this, he'd never trust me again. If I told management, I'd never forgive myself. If I told Ronni... well that's just dumb. So... I decided to momentarily keep my mouth shut... and focus on hockey. After all, that should be what comes first, right?

*Ronni*

The next morning, I felt pretty shitty. Something wasn't right with Taylor... or Jordan. I couldn't figure it out, but it had bugged me all night and I kept falling in and out of sleep. That was why, when Taylor found me falling asleep on one of the massage tables in the private room, and he woke me up, I swatted him away and whined, "Five more minutes, mom!"

"Uh... afraid I can't do that, Ron. We have to work today." he called into my ear. I awoke with a start and pushed the hair out of my face. "You alright?"

I shook my head as I sluggishly jumped off of the table. "No... I didn't exactly sleep well last night..." I yawned.

"Me neither..." He put his hand on my back and rubbed it gently. "You okay? Something bugging you that you wanna talk about?" he asked quietly.

I shook my head and backed away from his touch. Besides the fact that I'm mentally cheating on my potential boyfriend with his best friend... "No... i'm alright." I lied, stretching out. "Did you stretch yet?" I asked. He nodded. "Any pain?" He shook his head. "Massage?"

Taylor hopped up on the table and waited patiently for me to start. I went at it slowly... lamely, until I had really gained my bearings. "So... Jordan told me you and him had.... quite the fun time..." he teased, reaching for my arm and pinching it.

I rolled my eyes as I massaged a little harder at some key points. "Yeah... he's a little hopeless romantic... but I mean, he's cute... we kissed... it was nice." I sighed shortly. "That's kind of why I couldn't sleep..." Taylor opened his mouth to ask about it, but I beat him to it. "What about you? What's got you upset?"

"Oh... you know... I made a bet with Jordan about this whole healing thing and... it's stressing me out." Taylor averted his eyes... He's not one to avoid eye contact. Liar. "But... whatever, I got you on my side, right?"

I nodded... then confronted him. "You're a bad liar..." He gasped, hinting at a smile ever so faintly. "I've known you for a month... hardly, and I can tell..." Taylor opened his mouth to talk again. "Just... drop it. If you don't want to talk about it... I get it."

"Well, you're a bad liar too. You expect me to believe you stayed up dreaming about when you would get to see Jordan's ugly mug again?" he joked, closing his eyes. "You bite your lip whenever you lie." I moved to touch my mouth, and sure enough, I was biting my lip. "Don't explain... we both deserve some level of privacy."

A silence fell between us for a moment and I could hear the God awful music blaring throughout the room. "Taylor, what is this garbage?" I scoffed, momentarily pausing the massage.

He smirked and sat up. "Oh, remember? I won the bet so... My music. Oh, and I still get the privilege of bugging you about Jordan... which seems to be a difficult task..."

I rolled my eyes. "We never specified how long you get to listen to this trash, did we?"

"Rock all day, every day, until you toss my ass back on the ice." he chuckled with a grin.

I stopped massaging him and patted his thigh. "Fair enough... come on, kid. Let's go." He nodded and joined me, standing. "Where do you want to run?"

Taylor put his hands on his hips and thought about it for a moment. "Let's run around Rexall Place. We can do the stairs."

"That's actually a great idea. The stairs will probably be great for your knee... it will be easier on your joints, but it will work your muscles at the same time." I patted him on the back with a grin.

He nodded. "Thanks... kid. I try."

#Taylor#

Ronni and I started by running around each level of the Rexall place until we made it to the nosebleeds. Then, when we finally got to the top, we ran down the stairs, easier than running upstairs to see how I was feeling. Things were tense.... on my knee that is. I grew tired once we got to the bottom. When Ronni told me we were going to run back up to the top, the only thing keeping me going was that fact that she was next to me... so I agreed.

When we got to the top, we ran back down and up twice more before she decided we could stop. It was probably around eleven in the morning when we stopped. It was the same time that the guys would have finished their routine. However, the Oilers were going to Chicago for an away game that day, so the rink was basically empty except the two of us and some other employees.

Ronni later told me that her uncle offered her the opportunity of going to Chicago in place of him to get more experience. She insisted that she wanted to stay with me because she wanted to be here as much as she could to make sure I would be ready for the ice as soon as possible. Or at least that's what Jack told me that morning before he left. I have to tell you... it felt good to have someone stick by my side.

When we went back to the massage tables so that she could loosen up my knee again, I told her that. "Hey, Ron, Jack told me that you passed up Chicago to stay with me here... make sure I was still doing well."

She tightened up. Maybe I wasn't supposed to know that. "I... yeah... you're my buddy, right?"

"Well, it means a lot to me. You know, it's... it's not easy working so hard alone... it's nice to have your company to help me out." I confessed, slowly closing my eyes as her knuckles kneaded into one of my weak spots.

I heard her laugh. "Don't let it go to your head. I'm finally getting you to listen to me... wouldn't want you reverting back to your old ways because I'm gone for a little bit."

"Right... right." I sighed, frowning a little bit.

*Ronni*

I felt bad... but if it was wrong for me to be dating Jordan... it would be even more wrong to get too close with my personal client! "But, who needs Chicago anyways? I didn't want to meet Jonathan Toews anyways." I joked with a grin as I finished up the knot. In all honesty, I didn't want to leave Taylor here, alone. He would be by himself, since Magnus was getting back on the ice. Plus, I feared being so close to Jordan while staying at a hotel with a few extra, empty rooms... yeah, might not go over well.

There was also the small fact that spending so much time with my uncle would remind me of my dad, and I wasn't exactly ready to deal with that yet.

Taylor grinned a little at that comment. "Trust me, you can do better. I pegged you more as a Kane person anyways." he chuckled as he sat up. "Alright... now what? Swimming?"

I nodded. "But we're running there." Taylor groaned and I just giggled, grabbing his hand. "Come on,
Hall, you're so close! Two more days of this and then you'll be in the weight room with the guys!"

"Alright..." Taylor agreed quietly, giving in to my constant yanking.

We probably got to the rec center around one-ish. Taylor swam for a couple hours, and then we went to a nearby restaurant to keep him energized. He had some meat, vegetables, gatorade, the works. I just grabbed a fattening, heart attack inducing burger for the ease of it, which, no doubt, caused some mocking from the all-knowing Taylor.

"Way to clog your arteries, after all that hard work today." he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "I can indulge every once in a while, okay? I don't have to worry about keeping my endurance up for a hockey game every day like some people I know." I joked.

"Yeah, you're lucky that way." he sighed, eating his broccoli and switching to a bite of some fish. "But, it's worth it... when you reach your dream."

I nodded. "It'll be even more worth it when you bring home the... er... Bradley cup?" I tried, closing my eyes, hoping I got it right. Taylor burst into a fit of laughs which only enforced the idea that I was nowhere close. "Hey, I'm trying, okay?"

Taylor shook his head. "Sorry... you're right. But, it's the Stanley Cup, okay?" I nodded. "Alright... Ready to head back?" I nodded, and we both started running back to the rink.

#Taylor#

When we eventually reached the rink, we were both so physically spent that I think the only thing on our minds was collapsing and taking a nap. We were hot, sweaty, and out of breath... but I had a plan... which happened to go into effect just fine.

"Right... well.... I'll see you Monday, okay? I have a test tomorrow and... I figured you could work by yourself on Sunday... you know, clear your head a little?" she suggested, patting my shoulder.

I nodded. "Yeah, right. Uh, but, since you're free tonight, without Jordan... and I'm free without any of my teammates... including Magnus, you want to hang out?" I asked. She looked at me, suspiciously. "Come on, what's the worst that could happen?" She huffed, blowing a strand of hair from her face. "Let's go... you have your car?"

She shook her head. "No.. Jack dropped me off today before he left for the game... I was kind of hoping you could give me a ride home." She scowled at the ground. Gotcha.

"Well, then, you don't really have a choice do you? You're coming with me whether you like it or not?" I asked, grinning, crossing my arms over my chest. She strode in front of me laughing, waiting for me to lead the way. "I take that as a yes.

*Ronni*

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking out the window. The sun was slowly dipping into the horizon and it was getting darker and darker with every passing second. I didn't like not knowing where I was going and I didn't like not being in control. Still... if there was anyone I would trust... well, Taylor wouldn't come first, but I did give him a certain amount of my trust. He'd been honest with me about most things and he kept Jordan and my secret which meant more to me than most trivial. Long story short, I was glad it was him and not someone else.

He chuckled. "Calm down, will yah? It'll be fun, I promise."

"I don't think your idea of fun and my idea of fun are the same." I sighed.

"Oh, that's just because you're such an old fart." he huffed. I turned and glared to see Taylor laughing. "Sorry, you should see your face right now."

I defensively crossed my arms over my chest. "Old fart? I'm younger than you, you little turd!" I argued.

"Sure, you're not physically old but... you're just.. more mature than most. That's not a bad thing." He chuckled, reaching over and squeezing my shoulder.

I growled and shrugged him off. "Shut up. You're just a little kid anyways. I mean, you're so immature... you make bets with everyone, mock them like a five year old... you're such a little dick." I mumbled back.

"Eh, snippy are we? I'm not that immature..." he grumbled. I smirked a little bit.

"Are too."

"Am not!" He whined. I turned and stared at him to see him smiling too. "Okay.. maybe a little.. but I'm young, what can I say? What's your excuse?" he pressed, nudging me.

I shrugged. "I don't feel like being a little kid anymore... Just that." Taylor looked like he wanted to say something, but he didn't, he just sat in silence as he parked in an empty parking lot by a park I didn't recognize. "Uh, where are we?"

"Follow." he commanded quietly as he got out of the car. I reluctantly followed, but it was getting darker and darker. "Hold my hand." He reached out and I cautiously gripped it as he lead me down the dark path throughout an empty park "Almost there..." he sighed after a couple minutes.

My eyes eventually adjusted and I found that we were by a lake. There was a path surrounding the lake and it was run down as if many people had traveled it. There were a couple benches and thankfully, there were lamp posts illuminating the area. "Any particular reason why we're here?"

Taylor guided me to the bench and sat me down. "Just sit..." He put his iPhone down next to me and pressed the play button on a certain song. "We're getting even." He grinned as he took out a water bottle, that I doubted had any water in it at all, and took a few swigs. I squinted at him confused as he scooted to the edge of the lake. He glanced up and down the area to make sure nobody was there.

And then, he stripped.

#Taylor

I couldn't believe I was doing it, but I did. The Stripper started playing on my iPod and I realized there was no turning back. That swig of whiskey definitely helped to loosen me up too. This was the only way I could think of to get even with Ronni and to keep us on the same playing field. After all, now she had the leverage, and that just isn't okay. Now, If she told Jordan I saw her naked, well, I would say she saw me. Simple as that. Plus, being the immature one, I had to do something reckless every once in a while to liven things up.

"What the fuck, Hall? What do you think you're doing?" she called, laughing. I shook my head as I sluggishly took my shirt off. I winked at the beat in the music as I tossed it at her. Ronni shook her head as she caught it and took a swig of my drink that laid next to her. "You're not doing this!" she insisted.

I chuckled and just continued. I kicked my shoes at her, slipped my socks off, and eventually got to my pants.

*Ronni*

He turned around, shook his white-boy ass to the beat, and undid his belt. The only thing he could have done to embarrass me, and himself, worse would have been a lap dance, which he didn't do, thankfully. Taylor teased at pulling his pants down a few times before actually doing it. He chucked them at me too, and I caught them. Here we go. Taylor finally got to his underwear and he had turned around so that he was facing me.

I didn't think he was going to actually do it, but he did. Taylor slipped a finger under his briefs, pulled them down to his knees, and let them fall to the ground. And I was left.. standing there... staring at his... man parts. The worst part was, I didn't look away. Then the music slowly ended and I was left there... gawking at Taylor and his perfect self. Yeah, I'd seen his abs, his shoulder muscles, he thighs and more at some point while we were working out but... all at once? And not to give him an even bigger head but his size? Nothing to scoff at. Take me now.

#Taylor#

This was honestly just supposed to make me feel better so I wouldn't have to feel weird for thinking about Ronni. However, the fact that she was staring just made me think that maybe... just maybe... she was attracted me too. It probably wasn't the best decision, but in the heat of the moment, I decided that I wanted to go after her... after I was on the ice, that is. Best not mess things up before then.

I smirked as I backed up to the empty lake and dove in, screaming the whole way. When I came up for air, she was shaking her head and covering her eyes, giggling like a school girl. "Come on, jump in, Mitchell, or are you too scared?" The water was freezing and I went numb pretty quickly, but I didn't care. If she came in, I would forget everything.

"No way!" she laughed, shaking her head. She covered her face, probably to hide the blushing. "You're insane! And besides, we're even now!"

I shook my head. "Get in, now!" I chortled. Ronni stood up. "That's it, that's it!" I encouraged. She
grinned... a little to evilly for my taste. "Ronni?" She slowly picked up my clothes and started walking away. "Ron? Where are you going?" I swam to the edge of the lake only to find her running. "Oh, that's it! You're going down, Mitchell!"

I leapt from the water and chased after her with all of the speed I could muster. Thankfully, I beat her to the car, wrapped my arms around her, and shook the clothes from her arms. "Damnit...." she groaned

*Ronni*

"Clever, very clever... I'll have you know, I'm the King of this prank, kid." he joked.

I shook my head. "Worth a shot, right?" I could feel his wet body soaking my clothes. "Alright, you beat me fair and square. Do your worst." I gave up, letting my body go limp in his arms.

"Oh I will...." he chuckled. He lifted me up and carried me to the lake in silence... letting me hear his heartbeat pound through his chest.

I should have stopped him from stripping... but a part of me, a big part, the dominant one, kept me from opening my mouth. There was no way he could have any feelings for me, because he was so intent on getting Jordan and I together, and it was clear that this was all supposed to be a joke... but I couldn't let him see how I felt about him... So, I reverted to the old Ronni and grabbed his clothes in retaliation. Not one of my best plans. But, I mean... friends go skinny dipping together all the time... right? I mean I never have but... that doesn't say much. One thing is for sure, I can't tell Jordan.

"One-two-" Taylor's booming voice shook me from my trance, suddenly. He was swinging me back and forth, ready to chuck me into the water, with my clothes on.

"Wait!" I hit his chest with as much force as possible to make him stop, which he did. He stared down at me, bright blue eyes peering right through me. "I'm not going to get my clothes wet... but I'll go in..." I reluctantly agreed.

He put me down gently and smirked. "Oh, you're going in with clothes on or not...Come on."

The alcohol was setting in as I held his gaze during my little strip down. Taylor didn't even look down once... he held eye contact the whole time. "Okay. I'm ready."

He grinned and picked me up again in his arms. "Alright, let's try this again. One... two... three!" Taylor threw me into the frigid water and soon came in after me. My head popped up and I bobbed around a little bit, shivering the whole time. "Wooh! How do you feel?" he asked excitedly.

I shook my head. "Freezing. Fucking freezing!" I whined, laughing a little.

"Don't you feel free, though? Loose? Just having fun, messing around?" he asked with a grin. I moved to pull my frizzy hair back into a bun when he stopped me, gripping my wrist. "No... don't pull it back."

"Why?" I asked, confused, as I lowered my hand.

Taylor shrugged as he paddled around. "You look fine with your hair down... better."

I smiled and left the hair tie on my wrist. "Funny, Mr. Hall, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you've been developing a little bit of a crush on me." Taylor gave me a glare before he shoved my head under. "Oh, you jerk!" I laughed as I came up for air, splashing him.

"Trust me, you don't want to start this." he chuckled, wiping the water from his eyes. I splashed him a few more times only to have some water splashed in my own face. "Alright, it's on."

With that, we were wrestling around in the water, splashing and thrashing away, until Taylor had my wrists tightly. "You lose." he chuckled with a smirk. "You give?" I reluctantly nodded. "You're feisty, you know that? A little drink and you turn into a party animal."

"Oh yeah, I'm the center of attention at all the clubs. You're worse than me. You'd have done this without a drink, right?" I argued.

He shrugged. "I think that's why I have more fun than you. You work too much with no play... I don't. You're too uptight." Taylor chuckled, teasingly as he moved a strand of hair from my face. "Which, I mean, isn't a bad thing, you know. There are those who do reckless things... and those who-"

I was so sick and tired of Taylor rambling on about how I had a stick up my butt all the time... So sick.. that I did something stupid. Something so stupid, I regretted it as soon as I did it. So much so, I felt like a whore, a bitch, and a liar in a matter of seconds.

I splashed him, put my hand around his neck, and brought him in for a kiss. My mind was screaming at me to stop, and I was seconds away from doing so when I realized... he wasn't pulling away. In fact, he kissed me back. It wasn't super intense, or sexy... just a nice kiss. Basic. But I couldn't stop, and I hadn't planned on it either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the 'so so so so' in the second to last paragraph there. Got a little carried away. I hope you guys liiiike it :) What'd ya think? Were you expecting this to happen?
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the feedback!