Status: sorry for lack of updates;; having writer's block

Like Lovers Do

; chapter two

Marie Luce was not one of mockery; she didn't like it and she hated receiving it. While she preferred her familiar group of friends who either did not mind her beliefs or were religious themselves, she did not mind separating herself from the safety of the pack.

Her parents had raised her to stand proudly with her faith and frowned if she did anything otherwise.

However, as she fiddled with the cross hanging loosely around her neck during the near end of class, she scanned her class, surveying and canvasing each and everyone of them. She knew about nineteen of them were either atheist or agnostic and the other three, including her, were not.

She often wondered what it would be like to be one of them; to be stripped of her religious identity, only to conjoin with them. The bell rang and she immediately released her hold on her necklace - she would often subconsciously play with it until something snapped her out of it - and rushed out of class, yet still holding her respectful grace.

She stepped out of the more private area and into the crowded hallway. Marie looked around her; she knew 75% of the people near her were religiously unconnected. Mentally scolding herself, she shook her head at her calculating behavior.

A patch of beautiful messy chestnut hair caught her eye and she lazily waved at him. Reason unknown to both of them, she greeted with a small, shy;

"Hi."

Image


Astonished, Anderson waved back warily before she ducked her head down with a solid blush painting the apple of her cheeks. His eyes followed her and a brief curve enchanted his lips.

Her voice was like music to his ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know; totally cliche but I'll try to make it work (:

thank you for commenting: The Authoress c:

please don't be a silent reader!

thanks for reading~