Status: sorry for lack of updates;; having writer's block

Like Lovers Do

; chapter three

"You like her, don't you?"

Attention drawn to the grinning idiot next to him, Anderson let out a raggedy breath as they continued running around the track. "What?" he asked, as if feigning innocence would help him slip out of this.

Unfortunately, his friend saw right through him.

"You know what. Andy, you're not as complex as you make yourself out to be," his friend, Dave, grinned. The brown haired boy running with him rolled his eyes. It wasn't that he tried to be complex, it was that the idiots he hung out with were too damn slow to figure him out.

He was a quiet guy, he'll admit that. He didn't like talking when there was no need for it. He didn't like attracting unnecessary attention, he didn't like being the face of their group, he didn't like having random photos of him being posted on Facebook or Tumblr and whatnot without his consent - it was that simple. What he saw as only logical, the others found complex. Like a labyrinth. He laughed at the idea of being called something like that.

It was almost like he was shy - socially awkward to an extent.

"I'm not trying to be complex," he stated blatantly. "You're all just idiots."

Dave pouted. The man he actually came to know as his best friend actually pouted at him. "Well, aren't you an ass?"

Anderson smirked - the dirty blond man next to him was probably the dumbest of them all.

"What do you want?" he asked, slowing down to accommodate his friend's pace. Dave wasn't the best runner of the class; Andy was actually surprised he made it thus far without falling down from heat.

"You coming to Amy's party?"

Though to most males, the mere name of his ex-girlfriend would make him shudder, but the brown haired male merely shrugged. "Maybe."

"Look, I know she's still mad and whatever, but she can't exclude someone from the pack. We're all still best of friends, right?"

When they were younger, four of them were close, close as best friends could be. Now, as they advanced closer to adulthood, maybe they wouldn't be able to fulfill they're life promise.

"Sure."

"That's not an acceptable answer, Andy."

They neared the finishing line. Exasperated and almost drained mentally of energy, he sighed. "Dave, just focus on getting into girls' pants and stop worrying about the four of us."

"Is all this drama shit going to get in the way?"

He whipped towards his friend. He had enough of this drama and bitching for one day - he was at his limit and it wasn't long until he would snap from annoyance.

"It just might."

After all, a façade can hold out for only so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed reading!

thanks for commenting: vampira. and discoveringclouds! c:

please don't be a silent reader.

thanks for reading~