Status: sorry for lack of updates;; having writer's block

Like Lovers Do

; chapter five

Amelia Jacks.

When one thinks of said brunette, they think gorgeous, they think fun, exciting, they think of her 'I don't take shit from anyone' attitude, they think of her slightly pudgy body weight but how well she can make it work, her casual style, and her wrath.

Amelia Jacks had quite a temper, it was like a curse that ran in the Jacks family. She didn't know why, she didn't know how her temper could snap so easily. If someone were to drop a pencil during a silence filled class, she'd have the urge to smash it in that person's face.

During the party, the disco lights added for a more party effect were bothering her. Because of this, she made her way towards the only private area she could escape to; her parents' room.

Shoving her way towards the more quiet room, she saw from her peripheral vision, her closest friends; Gwen and Dave. Of course together, they never went to a party of hers without hanging off each other. Pointing towards the door, she smiled when she saw Gwen tug at the male's sleeve and murmur something inaudible.

Walking into the room, Amelia left it open just a crack before plopping herself on the comfortable bed, her face snuggled deep in the sheets.

"Great, now all you have to do is lose the pants and we're set."

Rolling her eyes, Amelia turned her head towards the door, seeing the blonde close the door behind her. "Shut it, Dave," she hissed, throwing a pillow at his face. He maneuvered away easily, mouth shaped into a perfect 'o' and hands up with false terror.

"Ohhhh, I'm so scared," he grinned before he dodged another pillow. The melody of an annoying ringtone filled the air and Amelia groaned.

"Answer it for goodness sakes! I already have a headache!" she rubbed her temple to dramatize her point. Gwen flipped her phone open and a warm smile married her lips.

"It's Ryan."

"Bathroom is right there."

"Thanks," she replied quickly, answering her phone as she neared the more private area. The door snapped shut and awkward silence screamed at the two. The only thing heard was Gwen's muffled murmurs.

"Still in love with her, huh?" Amelia asked, suddenly finding the pillow in her hands interesting. The dirty blond man shifted. his weight from foot to foot, uncomfortable as well. The last time the two of them actually had a conversation that was deep and just between the two of them was freshman year.

That was when he told her about his feelings towards Gwen.

"You know," she started fiddling with the tag of the pillow, hesitating to her if the engaged woman could hear them. "She's engaged. And he is a good guy. And they do love each other—"

"You don't think I already know that, Amy? It hurts just to be reminded of it," he responded curtly. She knew she hit a nerve, but that hadn't stopped her before. With a cross of his arms, he glared at the lamenated display of a passage of the Bible.

Amelia knew her friends' limits; she just wanted to test the waters.

"Then why?"

Dave waited for a few seconds to listen of any sign of the continuation of Guinevere's phone conversation. He heard a laugh, strong, the chime of bells and he could feel his heart break more.

"Sometimes people don't have that fucked up feelings for the one they care about," he referred to her relationship with Anderson.

For once, he made a good point.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is my third update of the day but I just really love this stiry, aha. I kniw it sounds vain but I just have so many ideas and aksjlfgh; c:

thanks for commenting: The Authoress

thanks for reading~

please don't be a silent reader! (':

oh and one other thing:
thank you guys for the now 7 recommendations, 14 subs, and 8 comments! I appreciate everything single one. Thank you! <3

oh and check out this new story o' mine if you want aha c;
INFINITE