Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Darkness Surrounding

"Haha Matt, that's ... that's really funny, nice try though. I'm really not that stupid."

Blair bristled, staring at her mug as Matt moved in his seat. She may be young, but she wasn't fucking stupid. Matt sighed, and Blair could feel something wasn't settling right with him. She sort of felt bad for snapping at him, but ... werewolves? Really?

"I'm not joking, Blair. Besides, I know you're too smart to believe me. But it's true, and that's why everything is changing for you."

The two refused to meet eyes; one for the reason of falling more in love with the other, while Blair couldn't face the fact that someone was trying to pull off the 'werewolf' card on her. She shook her head, not really accepting it, but taking it as it was to get answers for her questions.

"So what, am I going to wolf out the next full moon?"

Matt chuckled at her question which only ticked her off a bit, but it was a sound that sounded more relaxed than his own words.

"No, I doubt it. An Alpha didn't bite you. A Beta did."

"A huh?"

Blair tilted her head again, staring at Matt. She didn't see Jimmy, but she could hear him and smell him. He smelt like an ashtray and lemon juice, not a very pleasing smell. Matt on the other hand...

"Beta. Its like, the second in command. You don't need to worry about it though, because that won't matter."

Blair watched him finish his coffee before she could attempt to splutter something out at him.

"W-what do you mean it won't matter?! I'm going wolfy and you can just sit there all-all-all high and mightly?"

Matt looked at her sadly.

"I can't let you get any more involved with me than you already are. I'm a threat to you, and you're a weakness for me."

Normally, such words from a guy like Matt would of have Blair angry, frustrated and generally overwhelmed. But, she got it. Blair sort of understood what he was saying. But it didn't stop her from what she was going to say.

"No. Matt, you can't just... You can't drop this into my lap and then tell me to fuck off."

Matt snorted.

"I wasn't telling you to fuck off."

"It sure sounded like it."

Blair snapped at him. The two finally met eyes. Blair's warm amber eyes were now more like the color of honey, while Matt's green eyes were dark with emotions. Jimmy sauntered into the kitchen, dropped his mug into the sink, and left through the front door. Blair looked away from him, and crossed her arms over her chest, sinking further down into the chair.

For just a few seconds, Matt realized just how young she truly was.

He sighed, got up and took his mug. She had hardly touched her now lukewarm coffee. He went over to the counter and poured himself another drink.

"What time is it?"

Blair asked quietly, rubbing her temples. She still hadn't wrapped her mind around the werewolf thing, and she could feel the beginning of a massive headache forming behind her eyes. Matt glanced around the kitchen, and then pulled out his phone.

"Quarter to seven, why?"

Matt asked, lifting his refilled mug to his lips.

"Shit!"

Blair yelped, rushing up from the table. Her actions startled Matt; he dripped coffee all down his chest, and growled as it burnt through his shirt. She grabbed her bag that Matt had put beside the table, and rushed over to him. She hopped onto her tiptoes and kissed his cheek in a spontaneous movement.

"Thanks for the coffee!"

With that, Blair rushed out of the house.