Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Beast And The Harlot

Matt carried Blair inside the house. She had fallen asleep in the car. He brought her into the house and up the stairs, and put her in the guest bedroom. Like he had done with Cassie countless times before she passed away, Matt took her shoes and socks off, and lifted the sweater away from her body. He left her pants and top on.

He shut the door quietly behind him, and went to his own room, leaving the door open just a crack.

Things were changing fast. Too fast for the Alpha. First, he was trying really hard to refuse his mate. Who was sleeping in the room across from his. Second, he assumed he was now allowing her into the pack, at least into the pack like, which meant he'd have to deal with Jimmy and the rest of them when he told them about Blair. Matt held his head in his hands.

"....Matt?"

He whipped his head up. Blair stood there in his doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Can I borrow a top?"

Matt mutely nodded and stood, walking over to his dresser. He pulled out one of his older tops, one that would be long on her. He walked over to her and handed it to her, smiling tiredly. Even when she was an emotional mess, she still made his heart ache for her. She thanked him quietly, and kissed his cheek again before leaving his room. He heard her door click before he returned to his bed, laying down on it.

His mind was whirling with concerns, answers, and of course almost every answer he could come up with for every one of his pack mates.

Rolling over, he buried his head into his pillow. Tomorrow wasn't going to be fun.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


When Matt woke up the following morning, he knew of two immediate things; the pack was downstairs, and that Blair was in the shower. Getting up, he rubbed his face before getting changed, forgoing the shower until Blair was finished. He jogged down the stairs, and was frozen in place to see Zacky and his girlfriend Eve, Jimmy, Syn with Sasha (his newest girltoy), Johnny, Jacoby, Tobin and Jerry there with Rachelle.

Of course everyone would somehow know right away.

"Morning. Hello,"

Matt made his morning greetings as he passed the group to grab some coffee.

"Can Eve go first, Matt? Sasha isn't sure about it, so I was just -"

"Can I wake up first? Besides, the cycle's not right yet."

Zacky scowled at his Alpha. Matt ignored them as much as he could, before the overwhelming stench of anxiety and patience got the better of him. He finished pouring his coffee before he lifted a hand up to rub his temples.

"Look, you guys. Blair's got no where else to go right now. Her mom's kicked her out."

"Yeah, sure."

Came Jacoby's murmur. Matt snarled at him.

"Don't. I'm not in the mood for this. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I have a million other things to worry about than biting people. If you got a problem with that, I'm sure someone else's pack will take you the fuck in."

Matt stared at every single one of his friends. None of them moved. Satisfied for the time being, he shooed them all away to allow him mental room to think. Jimmy hung around though like a loyal Beta, even going as far as to serve up a fantastic meal of hash browns and eggs. Jimmy sat across from his Alpha and picked at his food, while Matt wolfed his down.

"Matt..."

"Yeah?"

"Would it be cool if ... if I take off for a little bit?"

Matt stopped eating to look at one of his best friends. Jimmy was the first one he'd ever turned on his own.

"Yeah, I guess. Just don't ditch or else I'll have your furry ass."

Jimmy laughed.

"I won't leave the pack. I love you guys too much."

Matt chuckled darkly. It was odd. It didn't matter who fucked up or who was really mad at who, Jimmy could seriously bring the best of the best around and keep that up for the rest of the day. Matt finished his breakfast just as Blair came down, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She yawned, before making a face.

"Ew, what's that smell?"

"What smell is it?"

Matt asked her, genuinely curious.

"It smells like.... ugh. It smells like week old dirty gym socks."

Jimmy laughed, making Blair bite her lip. He stood up and stretched, and as he did so, the smell came back and made her gag slightly.

"It's me. I forgot to shower, I guess."

"Go shower then! Gross,"

Blair complained as Jimmy laughed again and sauntered into the living room where everyone was. Blair was holding her head much like she had been the previous evening. Matt sat down beside her and touched her shoulder. She leaned into his touch.

"Blair?"

"I'm never going to get used to this, Matt. There's too much going on and it feels like I'm about to pass out again."

Matt pulled her into his lap hesitantly, wrapping his arms around her. Blair clung to him, and it was like everything was at peace. She sighed and closed her eyes, and Matt kissed the top of her head softly.

"Matt?"

"Hmm."

"Don't let me go."