Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Seize The Day

One month.

An entire month without Blair.

Was Matt happy with that? No. Jimmy had returned a week after Blair had been removed from his life, and Matt successfully turned Eve that upcoming full moon. Now she and Zacky were looking to a place of their own, to settle down and possibly start a new line of werewolves. Zacky had bought her a ring apparently before she broke up with him almost a month and a bit ago. They got back together and now that she had been turned, Zacky knew she was his.

Eve wasn't so sure. Matt had never dealt with a female werewolf before, so when she came to him one night, telling him that Zacky didn't smell right... he knew that he'd have to tell Zacky the bad news.

But, that wasn't the time.

Pulling into the grocery store parking lot, Matt sighed. Jacoby, Tobin, Syn and Johnny had taken most - if not all of his food - and basically had a party that lasted a full 48 hours. The party was for pushing back another, smaller werewolf pack out of their area. Matt would have taken them in (there had been a child among the ranks) but Jimmy was certain they were trouble, so they were run out of town.

Matt sighed again, thinking about his small pack. Where they took his food and stayed in his house, Matt couldn't ask them for money in return for basically being their Alpha and having to put up with their greedy asses.

Grabbing a cart, he wheeled it into the small grocery store and was overwhelmed by the smells of the food and the people. Gradually beginning to work his way through each smell, he went through the produce first, then the dairy, then the meat. It wasn't until he reached the frozen aisle did a familiar stomach dropping, heart wrenching gut twisting smell hit like a sack of potatoes.

Blair.

In the month that had gone by, Matt had wondered and thought about her, but only for a handful of seconds before thinking about someone or something else. She had changed.

She grew a little, but enough for it to be noticable. Her hair was now a shocking purple color, and she wore darker clothes, mainly black, grey with hints of color. Matt wasn't sure if he should turn around or keep going. But he knew one thing. He stood there for too long.

"Hey Matt."

Blair's voice was flat. She sounded tired. Matt instantly wanted nothing more than to go to her and hold her and tell her how sorry he was for treating her the way he did. But, he couldn't. There might not be any more enemy werewolves in the area, but that didn't make the target on his back any smaller. He pushed his cart towards her, stopping when he was less than a few feet from her.

"Hey. How've you been?"

"Better."

The small talk was forced on Matt's end. Every second he spent staring at her was another part of his built up wall crumbling down. Blair held a basket of small things; fruits and veggies, even a few tofu dogs and pre-made chinese food.

"How's school?"

"School's over. Summer break."

"Oh."

More silence. Matt could feel her anxiety... could she feel his?

"Hey... why don't you come over to my place for dinner tonight?"

Matt offered. Blair stared at the pack of frozen yogurt before shrugging.

"I dunno, considering the last time I was there I was kicked out."

Matt's shoulders stiffened. So it wasn't just anxiety on her end. Matt looked away from her, at the pack of groceries he had and the mental list he still had to pick up.

"Well, you know where I live. Come by around seven. I'll leave the front door open.. unless you want me to pick you up?"

Matt offered. Blair shrugged again.

"It doesn't matter."

"Fine. I'll be there at seven."

Matt said, before swinging the cart around and leaving in the other direction. He reached the pop and chips aisle before realizing how angry he must have sounded. Oh well. She was being difficult in return. He gathered the last of his groceries and headed for the check-out. Once he had gotten his things paid for, the Alpha headed to the car and packed his stuff, then took off back home, the entire time wondering how he was going to make it through dinner without having some sort of mental breakdown.