Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Burn It Down

Ten to seven Matt finished cooking dinner and ran up the stairs to change. He pulled on a plain long sleeved black shirt, and some loose fitting jeans. Spritzing a little cologne on himself, he wondered if that would mask his scent to Blair. Worried that everything he had done was for nothing, he gave himself a minute to panic, before calming himself down. He couldn't let this go on. Not like this.

He drove to her house and picked her up just a minute past seven. He knocked on her front door, biting the inside of his lip. On the outside, Matt looked every part calm and collected. On the inside though he was shaking like this was his first date.

Technically, this was his first date with her.

She opened the door to him, and allowed the faint outline of a smile to grace her lips before stepping out and closing the door behind her. Matt's fine tuned hearing could hear the argument in the background; a woman who sounded like a washed out version of Blair, and a man who sounded far too tired to be in the mess in the first place. The Alpha walked his date to the car, and like before opened her door for her and closed it.

Once in the car, Blair seemed to relax visibly. Curious, Matt glanced at her.

"My mom and her boyfriend have been getting into a lot of fights since I went home."

Blair answered. Matt nodded slowly, hands gripping the wheel a little too tightly. Blair shifted in her seat.

"Matt... there's something I need to ask you."

"Anything,"

Matt spoke calmly, and sincerely. Blair was taken aback by how quickly he had responded, and bit her lip.

"Do... Well... I was wondering..."

Matt wouldn't have stood for her fumbling, he would have snapped at her and told her to spit whatever it was the fuck out. But, she was Blair. He was Matt. Somehow, fate had tempted him with her and now, now they were stuck.

"I've gotten a faster metabolism and my nails and hair are growing really fast. Does that have to do with the nip I got?"

"It shouldn't. I mean, I can't tell because I've never just ... nipped anyone. I've only turned them."

Blair nodded. The short car ride was silent, and soon they were at the house. Matt got out first and helped Blair out, leading her to the house. She seemed at ease with everything, but not having an answer to her question seemed to reverse that. Matt went into the kitchen and got some drinks (Pepsi for Blair and a beer for himself) before looking at the female in the doorway.

"Come and sit down."

Matt said, smiling. Blair took a spot at the table, looking at all the food. Matt soon joined her, and no matter what he did, he couldn't keep the smile off his face.

"So, since you moved home... how has things been with your mom?"

Blair was picking apart her dinner, only putting in tiny amounts.

"She's been... alright?"

"Alright?"

"She hasn't been the same since Dennis cheated on her."

Matt nodded. That could seriously ruin a family, even a new one such as the widow and her daughter. Matt drank his beer slowly, as Blair picked at more of her food.

"My mom isn't a saint, you know. Yeah she kicked me out but she let me right back in.. she has to put up with me, Dennis' life-threatening job, and now this? I mean, some days I wish it had been my mom that died instead of my dad, but she's only human."

Something Matt had never felt until recently.

"I'm sure things will work out, Blair. Things like this get ugly, but they blow over eventually."

Blair nodded. She didn't feel like eating anymore, so she continued to pick at her food. Where Matt had been avoiding Blair because he wanted to keep her safe, Blair had been avoiding Matt as well to hurt him. She knew that there was something about him she wanted to have, and she knew that because he had basically rejected her for her own good, she was going to use her pain and anger against him.

Too bad it hadn't worked out in the long run.

"Blair? Hello? Earth's calling, they want their chick back."

Matt was waving his hand in front of her face, and as much as Blair wanted to scowl, she broke into laughter, something she hadn't done since leaving his house the last time.

Matt grinned; her laugh was the prettiest thing he had ever heard. He leaned forward slightly to finish his drink, when it happened.

Blair leaned across the table as well, and kissed him.

It wasn't just a peck. It was a kiss, one that put every single one of Matt's nerve endings on fire and set his heart free from the ice box it was settled in. He broke it, green eyes light. Blair's eyes were the color of honey, clear and full of unspoken words.

"Can I stay for dessert?"
♠ ♠ ♠
/squishes you all.
has anyone noticed that i've used song titles for my chapters? ;D