Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Sidewinder

Matt spent the next few days alone with Blair. He told his pack he needed time to talk to her about everything, including a possible change during her 18th birthday. The pack was hesitant, but he promised to change both Sasha and Johnny's mate Claire if they gave him a week to himself.

Blair giggled as Matt carried her down to breakfast bridal style one morning, her arms around his neck as he kissed her cheek and nose and lips before he sat her in a chair. He came back with a bowl of strawberrys, ice cream and whipped cream. Blair shrieked in excitement, picking one of the ripe red berries and popping it into her mouth. Matt swooped in for a strawberry flavored kiss, making the human girl sigh in delight.

"This is beautiful, Matt."

"A beautiful breakfast for a beautiful girl."

She smiled, and looked away as he sat down, eager to know what he had planned up his sleeve. Since going leaving home three nights ago, Blair had spent most of her time with Matt, in his bedroom, getting to know one him better. They didn't have sex; Matt was insistant on it happening when she was both eighteen and ready for it. That didn't bother the girl at all; she wanted to wait for it. During this time of intense cuddling, wrestling, and sometimes just laying on Matt, Blair learned all about his family and how he came to be Alpha. Blair also revealed more secrets about herself, like how she also lost her father. It wasn't cancer, Matt found out. Someone had poisoned him with such an advanced poison it formed a tumor in his brain.

Matt had tried to explain to her that cancer can develop at different rates for different people, but Blair hadn't listened. Instead of fighting her on it, Matt had simply tossed her to the side, and begun a wrestling match.

"So, what are we going to talk about today, mister Alpha?"

Blair asked with a mouthful of strawberry. Matt chuckled and reached forward, brushing back a lock of purple hair. He missed her black-and-orange hair; the orange caught the amber of her eyes and made them glow in the sunlight. The purple washed her skin out, but brought forward an intense hue of warm yellow in her eyes that he didn't mind the color. Matt smiled at Blair.

"I want to talk about your birthday."

"My birthday?"

Matt nodded.

"What about it?"

Matt lowered his eyes to the table, wondering how he could approach the subject.

"Matt?"

"You know how ... when we talked about what we smelt like to each other?"

Blair nodded, taking a strawberry and scooping some ice cream up with it. She popped it into her mouth as Matt began talking again.

"Those are called mate-scents, Blair. When we find someone who smells like our two favorite smells, that person is our mate. We will never find another person like them again in our lives."

Blair took this in for a minute, licking her fingers. Mate-scent? Is that why she couldn't stop smelling his clothes, or his skin after he showered, when that scent was at it's strongest? She looked at him, then back at the strawberry.

"So... does that mean I'm you're-"

"Mate. Yes, you are. That's why I sent you away, and that's why when ... when you were bitten, you could start smelling me."

Matt reached forward and took a strawberry, biting into it.

"So... what does this have to do with my birthday?"

Matt chewed the berry, thinking of yet another way to bring this topic up without causing too much alarm in the human girl. Because that was what she was. Human. He swallowed and looked back at her, reaching over to swipe a fingerful of whipped cream.

"Well... I love you, Blair. You love me as well, don't you?"

Blair nodded. Matt could practically see the butterflies she had in her stomach.

"On your eighteenth birthday... could you give up your family?"

"My... family?"

"Your mom. Dennis. Could you forget about them?"

Blair bit her lip.

"I think I could. Why?"

"On your eighteenth birthday, I... I want to turn you, Blair."

Silence.

"Turn me?"

"Bite you. Make you a werewolf. But... you couldn't see your mother or Dennis again. You could finish high school, but ... you'd have to miss a week once a month, which in the end might not be worth it. You could drop out."

Matt's words were turning into plain white noise as anxiety and excitement rose through her. She would become a werewolf? How great of a birthday present would that be? She looked back at Matt who was watching her intensely, with a look that made her want to jump his bones.

"Blair?"
♠ ♠ ♠
will she say yes?
will she say no?
comment & find out~