Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Brompton Cocktail

"Matt!"

Someone was pounding on his door. Tired for spending the entire night looking for Blair, Matt had resigned to his bedroom where he could angrily beat himself up for not finding her. Then, he fell asleep. Into a troubled sleep where he felt people cutting into him, muttering things cloaked behind his screams.

"Matt!"

He didn't answer. They probably were going to Rachelle's for the night. He didn't care; he as a bummer to be around since Blair had gone missing.

"Shads, we got a scent!"

What? He ripped the door open and stared at Jimmy, who was breathless and pink in the cheeks from running. Matt could smell it faintly on him, which made his heartache.

"A scent? How fresh? Where?"

"Can't be anymore than 48 hours old. It's close to Troy's territory, about fifteen minutes away from the start of it."

"Has it moved?"

"No."

Matt pushed past Jimmy. His Beta followed dutifully.

"Matt?"

"I'm going to get her. Troy can kiss my furry ass about coming onto his territory; the fucker can suck on silver for all I care.'

Matt and Troy met almost two days ago, and Troy had refused to help Matt. Instead of killing him like he had wanted to, Matt begrudgingly asked him to keep an eye out for her or for any suspicious behavior around his area. Troy agreed. So, why hadn't he alerted Matt when he smelt her?

Matt wordlessly slipped his shoes on and grabbed his keys. He would run over there, but he didn't know who had her or what had her, and he couldn't rick a fight to the death, not yet. He started his car just as Jimmy slid in the passenger seat. Gratefully, Matt nodded to his Beta and took off, screaming down the street.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


"Dallas, I'm so hungry."

"I know, Blair. I'm sorry, I'd get us something to eat but..."

"But Troy would kill you."

She and Dallas had had this conversation a few times in the last handful of hours. She barely had anything to eat over the week she was with the Brotherhood, and now she had spent the last two days getting fixed up by a stranger, he barely had any food to spare. Living pretty much off of any food trucks that rolled by and stalled over his state-of-the-art spikes, Dallas would rob them blind, and stash his food away to be eaten within the week.

Too bad the trucks had gotten smart and found a faster route.

Now Dallas had started stealing food from restaurant trash bins, which was fine, but sometimes the food was half eaten or had been trodded on by rodents. Dallas had gotten used to it, but Blair was used to Matt's cooking and her Mom's cooking. Rotting food wasn't on her list of great things to eat. Blair turned on her side, wincing. Dallas had fixed up a torn ligament in her back the previous night after Blair had screamed herself senseless; of course it was getting better now, but it was still a bitch to move around.

The screaming wheels on the pavement made Dallas' ears perk, and made Blair open her eyes.

Car doors slammed. Someone was running.

Chocolate and freshly cut grass.

"Matt!"

Blair screamed, getting up against her back screaming in pain. Pounding on the enforced door, Matt desperately pounded his fists against it before it yielded, swinging open to reveal Dallas and Blair.

Just seeing her alive made his heart soar.

He ran at her and swooped her up, crushing her against his chest. She clung on just as tightly, crying into his shoulder. Matt refused the tears he felt in his own eyes, holding her tightly. He never wanted to let go of her ever again. But he had someone to deal with. Jimmy had already gotten Dallas to the floor, snarling at the other werewolf. Matt put Blair down, kissing her gently before he approached the others.

Pulling Jimmy off, Matt grabbed Dallas by the throat and eased him up.

"Who the fuck are you? Thinking you can take my mate from me?"

"No no! I didn't, it w-was the Brotherhood!"

Dallas squeaked as he clawed at Matt's hand, trying to make the Alpha drop him. Blair rushed over to Matt's side and touched his free hand.

"It's true! Don't hurt Dallas; he saved me."

Allowing the words to sink, Matt put Dallas on the ground. His eyes wouldn't change though, and Blair stepped back.

"Thank you for saving her, but if you come near her again I'll wear your fur as a coat."

Jimmy returned to the car, and Matt carried Blair out, leaving Dallas just as alone as he was before anything happened.