Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Demons

The following weeks leading up to the full moon were blissful, and obnoxiously normal.

Matt made breakfast for Blair and himself nearly every morning, making sure to take special attention to how she was feeling. Since being kidnapped, Blair rarely left the house. But when she did leave, she took Matt or Syn with her, clutching to their arms. He knew something had changed in her, and he desperately hoped that it wasnt the same thing that changed in him when his sister died.

Blair went home a few times, to tell her mother she was going to move in with Matt. She had broken up with Dennis because he cheated on her again, and when Blair told her she was moving out, her mother had broken down.

"Blair, baby. Don't leave Mommy on her own, not right now."

"Mom, it's been almost two full months. Where were you when I didn't come home those first few nights?"

"I was trying to fix things with Dennis, you know that."

Blair sighed, rubbing her head.

"Mom...."

"Don't leave me yet, baby. Please."

Blair didn't listen. She took most of her clothes that night and walked out. Once she returned home to gather the rest of her stuff, the house was eerily quiet. Not seeing a note and not seeing any thing taken, Blair assumed she went to see Dennis. She got the last of her things and returned to Matt's.

She was going to be turned in two night's time.

"Matt, I'm back."

Blair called softly; she could hear someone speaking to someone else in the living room. From this far away, the voices weren't familiar. Fear latching onto her heart, she eased into the living room doorway. As she was closer now, the voices were distinguished. There was Matt's rumbled growl, and then there was .... another voice. Straining to hear, she held her breath.

"She can't be turned."

"Why not? She's my mate."

"That's exactly why."

Matt barked a laugh.

"You don't make any sense. Why don't you just come out with it already?"

"If she gets turned, I'm positive she's going to go running."

"Running?"

Blair was scared. They were talking about her like she was just another ... girl in Matt's life. Blair could practically feel Matt's anger pouring out of him at these accusations.

"Running; she'll abandon you for someone else, Shads."

Dallas! He didn't sound like himself; he sounded tired hoarse and strained. Matt stood. Blair stepped away from the living room and towards the stairs, taking them two at a time. Blair put her things on the dresser and collapsed on the bed. Nervous and anxious about what Dallas was telling Matt, she snatched her mate's pillow and rested her head on it.

All she wanted was him.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


"Who do you think you are, telling me what you think you know about my mate?"

Matt snarled at Dallas. Dallas had been a friend of a friend's a long time ago, but since being turned he had refused a pack spot and lived mainly off of garbage and the like, which Matt didn't approve of. He also lived between territories, which was a big no-no. Dallas sighed.

"She was branded by the Brotherhood, Shads. She's been marked. Nothing you can do will change what we both know will happen."

Matt punched the couch.

"She's different! Dammit I'm not going to let the Brotherhood take something else from me."

Matt's sister had been killed by the Brotherhood; Cassie and Matt had been chased from their first home in the middle of the night. Someone of the Brotherhood had stabbed Cassie in the stomach with a medicated knife. Between killing his own attacker as well as Cassie's, Matt hadn't had time to pull the knife from her stomach before it killed her.

"Shads, calm down. No one's going to take her away. I've been snooping around the Brotherhood, and found that if the brand's re-branded..."

"Re-branded?"

"Yes. If it's re-branded or broken by a single line through the whole brand, she won't go running to the Brotherhood."

"And you know this?"

"I don't know if it'll work, all I know is that it was talked about by the Brotherhood."

Matt sat back down on the couch. Things were so fucked up. He didn't understand anything anymore. Dallas cautiously touched Matt's shoulder. The Alpha flinched.

"I'll keep snooping. I'm sorry, Matt."

Matt nodded, and Dallas left without another word. Once he was alone, Matt slumped against the couch and closed his eyes. He never wanted this to happen. He hadn't wanted a mate or the problems that came with it. He never wanted to be Alpha, but after the death of his father, it fell to him.

"Matty?"

He whipped his head to the side and saw Blair there. Smiling amongst the mixed feelings he was harboring, he ushered her towards him. Kissing her cheek, and then her sweet lips, he held her close.

"I love you."

He whispered.

"Love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guesss who has internet?! :D