Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Flash Of The Blade

"Blair? Bee? She's coming around!"

Someone was yelling and moving around the bed, making the girl squeeze her eyes closed. She couldn't really move, when most of the full moon came back to her. She had experienced the change. She didn't know what she looked like, because Syn....

Syn.

He tackled her, then something -someone?- hurt her. Something really hurt her. Confusion overwhelmed her, and for a few moments she wasn't sure if she had done the right thing by accepting the change.

"Blair?"

She opened her eyes at the sound of his voice. His rough, raspy voice she loved so much. When she opened her eyes she saw that not only was she not at home, she was in the hospital. Fear instinctively made her want to get the hell out of there. Matt knew what she was feeling; not waking up in a familar spot after a change was rough. He sat on the edge of her bed and took her hand, being very careful not to jostle the IV in her hand.

"Matt... I'm so thirsty.."

She rasped. How long had she been out for? She didn't know why she was here. Her leg was really sore, though. Matt reached over her torso, her scent overwhelming him. He grabbed the cup and brought the straw to her lips. She sucked at the ice cold water greedily, before tilting her head away to look at her mate.

"What happened?"

She whispered. Matt rubbed the back of his neck, and sighed before telling her everything. It took him nearly a half hour to explain everything to her, and when he was finally finished, Blair looked horrified, and angry.

"How could you keep this from me?"

Blair asked, clenching her fists together. She now knew why her leg hurt so bad; after she had changed and before her new instincts could kick in, Matt had pressed white-hot iron against her leg, 'breaking' another brand the Brotherhood had put on her. Where the intention was nice and heartwarming, Blair wished he had just told her instead of putting her in the hospital.

"I'm sorry, but if I had told you... would you have believed me?"

Blair bit the inside of her cheek. He was right. Before she could admit to that thought, Matt sighed and climbed into the bed with her, wrapping his arms around her. He rested his cheek against the top of her head and held her close. He would have to go soon. He needed to talk to Dallas. But for now he wanted nothing more than to hold her until she fell asleep. Blair huddled as close as she could to Matt, hoping his heat would help ease the tension she felt in herself.

When Blair had fallen asleep, Matt eased himself from her grasp and left her hospital room.

Walking out he headed straight for her night nurse. He hadn't known had badly he had burned her until she changed back, and most of the outside of her thigh had been badly burned. She would need to be off her feet for a few days, maybe even a few weeks. As he spoke to her nurse, he got an idea of what it was he had done to her; damaging most of the nerves in her thigh would leave it a potential weak spot for many years.

"But that other scar, that other burn... where could she have gotten it?"

The nurse had asked.

"Dunno. Thanks so much."

Matt thanked the nurse and left the hospital in pursuit of Dallas.