Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Tension

Matt came to what felt like moments later. The crick in his neck and the ache in his back told him otherwise. It had to be at least a few hours. Instantly he began sorting out sounds and scents, something habitual that his own father had taught him. 'In a rough spot? Smell it out. Listen. There's nothing nature can't tell you,' Matt strained to hear any heavy breathing or held breath, and his nose was going crazy. Dallas' scent stunk the place, but the mild scent of wild grass and piss followed as well. That was the smell Matt had smelt before being drugged. Thankfully the bag over his head was gone, but he had a simple cloth over his eyes, keeping him from using his sight to pin point where he was.

If he ever got out of his bindings, he was going to kill Dallas.

"Look who's awake,"

Drawled a voice that Matt had never heard before.

"He's a fighter, that one. Make sure he's tied up good."

Someone touched him. Struggling madly against his bonds, Matt snarled and growled at the men - people - who thought they were better than him. Dallas' stench was getting stronger; he was in the room.

"Dallas! Dallas I swear to God I'll slit your fucking throat!"

"Gag 'im. I don't need to hear his pathetic attempts to free himself."

Pathetic?! Before Matt could retaliate, a rough cloth gag was shoved into his mouth. Without any help to get it out, he knew he was stuck. Being hoisted to his feet, Matt pushed the fear he was beginning to feel deep down inside of him.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


"What do you mean he's missing?"

Blair nearly shouted. She was going in for one more skin graph test; the burn on her leg was healing better than the doctors had anticipated. That was the werewolf in her. Now she was going to be tested and then she would be released.

But Matt was missing.

"He didn't come home last night, Blair. We looked all over the place."

Jimmy was telling her, his panic making the female panic as well. Was someone after them? Was someone after her?

"Did you talk to Troy and Zeke?"

"Zeke sent his best out to look for us. Troy hasn't returned my calls."

Blair bit her tongue.

"Matt would want you to get a hold of Troy, I may not be more than a pack member but Matt's my mate. You're the Beta, so you're in charge. Get Troy to talk, and soon."

Blair knew Troy wasn't a great guy; from what Matt had told her and from what she had gathered from what everyone else said, he was as slick as oil and just as dirty. Jimmy nodded and left, leaving Blair with Syn and Zacky.

"You going to be okay, Bee?"

Syn's nickname for her stuck; Zacky refused to call her anything but Blair. The female sighed and leaned her head back against the pillows, her heart rate monitor beeping. She knew if she got too worked up, she could wolf out or alert the doctors that something was wrong. So she had to calm down. Syn reached and took her hand in his, smiling reassuringly at her.

"I'll be fine, Syn. I just ... I don't want him to get hurt."

"He's strong, Bee. He'll be fine. We'll find him."