Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Lost It All

Matt wearily came to hours later. His sides ached and burned, and every breath made his lungs bellow in pain. He looked to the left; nothing. A blank wall with cracks and water-molded spots. Matt swiveled his head to the left and ....

Blair!?

Her wrists were chained to the wall above her head. Her chin was on her chest, and she was breathing. Barely. Strength roared through him, and with a powerful tug, stretched the links in his own chains. He had just enough now to crawl to her, and touch the side of her face.

"Blair? Blair... baby, please..."

Matt whimpered. He had been strong for so long, he had gone through so much since Blair had come into his life. All the stress in his body was pouring out into these few moments together. Blair stirred. Matt allowed a short exhale of joy, straining heavily against his bonds.

"Blair, Blair... wake up, please.."

"M-matt..."

Blair breathlessly spoke, lifting her head with a wince. The blow to the back of her head had seriously hurt her, she could feel dried, sticky blood on the back of her neck. Tilting her head to the side, she saw Matt, and instantly everything seemed to come back to her in a fuzzy and rather unclear moment. She got up. Brian was asleep. She went to the ....

"Blair?"

"H-hey.... where are we?"

Matt smiled weakly and reached for her hands above her head, straining hard. Her fingers were cold. That wasn't right. Even with his own wounds, Matt could tell he was still normal werewolf temperature, 104 degrees. Blair had to be at least 97 degrees. She was colder than a normal human being.

"We're in a building. Blair, why are you so cold?"

"I... I dunno."

Matt sat back against the wall and began to pull his wrists apart, straining the metal of the cuffs. Blair closed her eyes and waited, her body beginning to shiver. Whether she knew it or not, it was shutting down. The blow to the back of her head not only gave her a serious concussion, it also triggered a small blood flow which could possibly kill her.

"Blair stay awake, love."

Matt knew something was wrong. Werewolves healed quickly; Blair wasn't healing.

"Blair!"

"What..."

Matt continued to pull his wrists apart, the metal of the cuffs digging painfully into his still painful welts. Grinding his teeth together, he felt a link in the chain snap. He was getting close. He glanced over to Blair and felt that strong rush of strength soar through him again. Matt continued to yank and pull on his chains, while at the same time trying to keep Blair awake, and alive.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SHE'S MISSING!?"

Syn shouted at the doctors and security guards in the hallway. Jimmy and Zacky were holding him back, and underneath his tattooed skin they could feel his muscles twitching.

"Syn.... Syn calm down."

"Blair and Matt are fucking missing, and you want me to calm the fuck down!?"

"Kay... Kay, we're going. Let the police handle this."

Syn was forcibly removed from the hospital, and shoved into the car waiting. As he tried to calm down, the group drove back to the house. Jacoby was on the scent; Blair's scent was still strong as it had only been a few hours since she was taken (again). Syn was beating himself up over it; he had been in the same room when it happened.

"I can't believe it. I might as well take off, Matt'll never forgive me."

"Stop, dude. It's okay."

Jimmy was driving, Zacky was beside Syn, trying to get him to calm down.

"No it's not! I was right there! I could have stopped it! Instead I was asleep."

Syn held his head in his hands. He was really taking it hard. Zacky rubbed his back slightly.

"Jacoby's got it down, dude. We'll find them."