Forever Isnt Too Far Away

We Come Out At Night

When Matt returned to the house, he didn't have a headache, nor did he feel as irritable or angry as he did leaving. Although, nothing was as sweet as it could ever be. As he walked into the house, he immediately felt the stirrings of resentment and some form of anger resonating in the house. Slamming his keys onto the side table, he kicked his vans off and headed into the living room, the place he knew everyone would be herded at.

"What is it now."

The Alpha sighed. 'Glorified babysitter,' Matt reminded himself. Zack, Syn, Jimmy, Johnny, Jacoby and Tobin were standing - or sitting - in the living room, making Matt feel slightly anxious. It was rare for just about everyone to be in the same room without someone snapping at another.

"Nothing. You were gone for a long time."

Jacoby said flatly.

"Yeah. Where were you, Matt?"

Syn asked stiffly, sniffing the air slightly. Matt narrowed his eyes slightly, before realizing they could smell the same thing he was smelling; that Blair girl's scent.

"I was seeing Cassie."

Matt grunted.

"Since when did Cassie smell like ... like candied apples and cinnamon? Last time I checked she was sleeping with the worms."

Tobin remarked, making Matt snarl in frustration and sudden possessiveness.

"There was someone else at the cemetery, too. That's probably who you all are smelling."

Matt defended himself. He rolled his shoulders. Since when did he have to defend himself against his own pack? Jimmy stood up and approached Matt, reaching out to touch his shoulder. Matt swatted his hand away, glaring at the Beta.

"Not now, Jimmy. I don't have time for this. If you all are going to get pissy because I wanted to see my sister, you might as well go out and get pissy somewhere else, because I don't have the fucking time for it."

Matt decided, turning to head into the kitchen. He needed a drink. A nice, cold beer would help him cool down and relax against this onslaught of both emotions and thoughts. To be quite honest, Matt wanted nothing more than to sink back into bed and forget about this fuck-all of a day.

"Matt?"

The Alpha male stiffened and turned to face Jerry, one of Jacoby's friends whom had been dragged into this mess of lycanthropy and shit.

"What?"

"I know that look. It wasn't just someone you met in the cemetery."

Jerry had met his mate about a year ago, and had gotten married to her like many normal humans would. He didn't give up on the pack though, and even though everyone had met her, and Jerry had explained to her what he was, she had accepted them into her life, but refused the bite, unsure of where it would place her. Matt didn't blame her. Some humans wanted it, others were too far into their lives to change it now.

Like Blair, Jerry's mate was human. Older, but with a steady job and an unfaltering love for Jerry, as well as the rest of the pack. She was pregnant, too. Only a few months along, but pregnant none the less. Matt opened the fridge and grabbed two cans of beer, cracking one open and handing the other to Jerry, knowing sooner or later he'd be on his way to her bed for the rest of the evening. The Alpha glanced at the clock. It wasn't even seven yet.

"What about it."

Matt wasn't ready for this conversation. He didn't want a mate. He didn't want to hurt another person. Matt was being selfish, wanting this life simply for himself and the friends he had made in the process. He downed the beer in a few deep gulps, and shoved the can away.

"Go after it. Don't let it get away. It'll never come back."

Matt ignored him. Jerry took the hint and left, this time going out the front door. Matt sighed. He was off to see Rachelle, his mate. Matt crushed the can easily and tossed it's squished remains to the counter, going to the fridge to get another one. Maybe he'd get stone cold drunk.

No. He couldn't. Matt put the beer away and stalked into the main hallway, putting his shoes on. He ignored the comments and low whispering from the rest of the men in the living room.

"I'm going out for a run. Leave me alone."

Was all he said as he disappeared out the door yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalala silent readers kill stories <3