Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Shattered By Broken Dreams

"Blair!"

The dark haired girl winced. It was her mom. She had done something wrong. Again.

"Blair!"

The scream was shriller, making Blair jump slightly.

"What?"

Blair called back, her voice sweet around the edges. God forbid she have an attitude.

"Your bag! Its in the middle of the hallway again! Move it before Dennis gets in, or so help me God!"

Blair rolled her eyes. God had become a new figure in her mother's life, ever since Dennis said he was a practicing Christian. In little to no time, Lara Peters (or now The Future Mrs Dennis Brigs) had crosses and rosaries and all the like sitting in or around her house. Blair got off her bed and stretched, her shoulders cracking.

She took her time getting downstairs. Her mother was in the kitchen, attempting to cook a dinner both Blair and Dennis could enjoy. Blair was a vegetarian, and Dennis was on the cusp of being a carnivore. Finding her bag already kicked to the side, Blair picked it up and headed into the kitchen. Mom was making stir-fry.

"Again?"

"Pardon?"

Lara asked sourly.

"Stir-fry again, Mom? Can't we have something else?"

Blair whined. She knew it was annoying, and she knew it would only piss her mother off more.

"Blair Danielle Peters, you better not be whining at me, or-"

"So help me God."

Blair huffed. She didn't care anymore. Let there be stir fry and let there be God! Blair obviously didn't have a say in this family anymore. She turned around and ran to the stairs, taking them two at a time, her pounding footsteps drowning out her mother's annoyed screaming. Opening her door, she flung her bag in and pulled in herself, slamming it after her. Blair ticked off another box in her head; slamming doors was another big 'no-no' in the Peters' household, even when her dad was alive.

"So help me God, so help me God? Huh! Who in their right mind puts their faith in something they can't fricken see!"

Blair nearly shouted as she sat on the edge of her bed and bit back tears of growing frustration. Since her father died, Blair's world was growing increasingly smaller; she didn't know but she was pushing her friends away with her sullen attitude at school, her teachers were becoming irritated and hopeless with her, and her mother was becoming such a pain in her ass, she couldn't bear the thought of living here much longer.

That was when the idea - which had always been there - exploded.

She was going to run away.

Adrenaline was rushing through her at the thought of the freedom and the chance to be herself came through her. She was pulling everything out of her school bag and shoving clothes into it, hesitating when she realized she would need more - or less. Then more ideas and more doubts began to cloud her mind. What if Dennis saw her on his way home? Could she find a different route to take? Did she need anything to get out of the town?

Blair. If you're going to do something, do it now.

Shoving more clothes, her wallet (which held all of her ID as well as a credit card she stole from her mother) and finally her iPod, Blair shouldered the bag and popped her window. Lara had taken the screens out of all the windows, saying that they were more trouble than they were worth. Emitting a silent thank you, Blair clambered out the window.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Matt could see everything.

He could hear everything, too. Running on all four feet, he pushed his emotions into his strides and hurried along, running through the dense forest the town prided itself on. In realty it was just a strangled woods, growing tiredly against the suburban sprawl. His black and cream fur rippled as the wind cut through it, forcing his muscles to ache as he pushed himself through overturned logs and uprooted, fallen trees.

He had been out for at least two hours, willing himself to keep his form as he ran himself ragged. Matt could rarely find such a stress reliever as this, just running. Of course there were alternatives, but since becoming Alpha to such a young and often reckless pack, those alternatives were shoved out the door.

A scent stopped him, making him quiver and his ears twist.

Blair.

He trotted off towards the scent, eager to see if she was alright.

He followed the scent to the park nearly twelve blocks from his home, on the edge of the community 'forest'. She was tired. Why wasn't she at home. Not about to blow his cover, he pressed his ears forward, aching to hear what she was to say.

Sniffling. She was sniffling. Anger rose dangerously through his body and he almost growled. Who thought of upsetting Blair?

"It's not fair."

She whispered. It sounded like a shout to the sensitive wolf.

"How could... how could she just change who she is... for someone she? She loved you, Daddy.."

Matt sat on the ground, listening. He didn't see anyone else around... who was she talking to? Then, remembering that he had met her in the cemetery, the pieces all clicked. Her father had died.

"Now she... now she's in love with Dennis, w-who doesn't even... ugh. Why am I crying over this?"

Now she laughed. Laughed like she had heard the funniest joke in the world. Matt tilted his head to the side.

"I can't be sad. Not now. I've got too much to lose."

Blair wiped her eyes.

"I met someone today, Dad. He was tall, and older than me, but.... but there was something about him. Something... off. We met at the cemetery. Huh. Odd, isn't it?"

Matt would have smiled if he could. He laid on the ground and listened to her recall the days event, even speaking about a girl at school. School?

Shit. She wasn't even legal yet!