Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Warmness On The Soul

Matt returned home for the second time and locked the door behind him. The rest were in bed. They had to be. It was nearing three in the morning.

Where Matt normally felt exhausted, he was thrumming with energy.

Blair obviously felt something for him, which was something exciting in itself. She had mentioned him countless times in her conversation with her dad, and it had stroked something within him, something that made him feel lightheaded and grounded all at the same time. Like he was capable of everything and anything.

But... she was only in grade twelve. Not even legal yet.

Matt ground his teeth at the hand life had dealt him.

She would be eighteen in four months though.

That left Matt with four months to sulk and pray that no one else would make a move on her. Just the thought of someone else spending time with Blair irked something in Matt that no one else had irked before. Well, Cassie had irked him pretty good too, especially whenever she brought home a friend of the male gender.

Matt picked up the beer he had taken out a few hours ago and grimaced at it's room temperature feeling. A warm beer was better than no beer. Cracking it open and scowling at the loud noise it made, he gulped it back and tossed it onto the counter, before heading towards his bedroom.

He wouldn't be sleeping tonight.

Opening his door to step inside, Matt sighed. Being in this room was tough, especially when he wanted nothing more than to run outside and find out if Blair had gone home or not. When he left her, she was still at the park. She had school in the morning.

Matt shook his head.

Enough.

He sat on his bed and shrugged his shirt off. It smelt faintly of her. It was a comforting smell. He chucked it across the room, standing up. He couldn't bring an underaged human girl into his pack, not when he had refused everyone else. Jerry was lucky. If Matt had refused to let him marry the human, Jerry would have taken Jacoby and Tobin and left.

Then Matt would have been down numbers, as well as faith.

"No more, Matty. No more Blair, no more mate. You don't have time for one, and you don't need one."

Matt muttered to himself, beginning to pace. His father and mother had been lucky; not only had they been born into this but they were paired up with each other. They had been lucky for that, and had been anxiously waiting the day to pair Cassie with her mate. Matt stopped and returned to his bed, resting his head on his hands.

Too bad they died before they could do any of it.

Matt growled and lashed out; smacking his lamp off of his table. It bounced before shattering onto the floor, which only pushed Matt's anger further into a danger zone. Increasingly, all he wanted was Blair, and it was beginning to scare him.

The Alpha pushed her away, pushed the thought of her away, and refused to smell his shirt.

He flopped onto his bed and closed his eyes.

He would have to deal with the pack again tomorrow, as well as the ever creeping thought of Blair which continued to stick to the back of his mind. Matt rolled onto his side and closed his eyes, falling asleep the unsteady thought of possibly - one day - seeing Blair as his.
♠ ♠ ♠
~okay readers i see you