Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Second Heartbeat

Matt had followed Blair to school the following morning. Creepy on a million different levels, he stayed far enough not to arouse curiosity, but close enough to keep an eye on her. It was becoming difficult for him to stay far though, as she sported a small bruise on her wrist which could only be from someone she was living with. Abuse, let alone someone even threatening Blair pitched a serious blip in his anger radar.

Yet, seeing her live her life was breathtaking. She had no idea of the dangers lurking around every corner of her world.

She was everything he couldn't have.

Young, smart, on her way to something better than this shitty town.

She smelt like caramlized apples and sweet vanilla, a mix of smells Matt knew meant she was more than just a girl on her way to school. He didn't want to be a stalker... hell, he didn't want to get involved with her. He couldn't be. He would only drag her into a circle of hell he and his family had created.

It was better if he just left her alone.

But he couldn't. Not when he knew that she was more than a girl. More than a high schooler, more than another face. Matt slunk away once the bell rang, and her orange tipped hair disappeared behind the school doors. He returned to the house with a sigh, and approached the living room, inwardly glad that no one else was here.

He sat on the couch and flicked the tv on, but couldn't get into the program. His mind was wheeling with Blair, even though he was attempting very hard not to think about her. A distraction - any distraction - would be good for him.

"Matt?"

Someone knocked on the back door, opening it. It was open mainly for the guys, so they wouldn't need a key. Matt tilted his head backwards and saw Syn there. Emotions from the day before perked, he shifted slightly before returning his attention to the television.

"What's good, man."

Matt yawned.

"I came in earlier, you weren't here. Was... was someone in your room last night? Your lamp is broken..."

Syn sounded awkward. Matt didn't blame him, and ignored his question completely. Not only did he not apologize, but he had been broody and angry without giving anyone a real explanation. Syn walked into the living room and sat beside Matt.

"Look, dude. About yesterday.."

Syn started.

"No. It's fine."

Matt cut him off, shrugging. There was nothing to apologize for. Matt wasn't going to say squat about it, and neither was Syn. His packmate nodded, before stretching out.

"So. What's on TV?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


"That'll be your homework for the weekend. I expect to have it ready for Monday. If not, you'll get a detention."

A groan around the classroom, and finally the sweet sweet sound of the end bell, signalling their release from Hell. The teacher attempted to shout over the students clambering to get out of the classroom, but his shouts went unnoticed, and the students left in a rush.

"Ugh! More homework! I can't believe all of the work they're putting on us."

Blair Peters complained to her best friend Danica. Danica was nodding along, just as ticked about the workload as Blair was.

"I know! I can't go to that party Saturday night now. I have the double whammy of math AND science homework due Monday."

The two girls opened their lockers and pulled their bags out, shoving the required materials into them. Blair had returned home that morning, and only after Dennis had forcefully pulled her from bed did she actually remember what she had tried to do. Tried to, and failed. She had gone home around five in the morning, and had only fallen asleep fifteen minutes before her alarm went off.

Then Dennis decides he's 'had enough of this crap', and yanked her from her bed.

"Well, I'm off. Mom's taking me and my brother out to dinner. I'll call you when I get home, kay?"

Danica smiled at Blair. The orange tipped girl smiled back and nodded, and watched enviously as Danica went off for another family dinner that Blair might never have again. Wrenching her bag onto her shoulder, she set off for the twenty minute walk she had to go home.

Once she was home though, she ran straight to her room. Her mother was asleep on the couch like she always was around that time. Dropping her bag onto her bed, she grabbed her wallet and her cellphone, before heading back out and down the stairs. She was going out. Out, and away for a few hours.

Blair had walked a few blocks east when she bumped into someone.

"Oh! Jeez, I'm sorry I should look where I'm-"

Blair had begun to babble, when she realized who she had bumped in to.

"Matt!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys, it's a quater past four in the morning, and I'm tired.
Leave me some comments to wake up to? :3
x