Forever Isnt Too Far Away

Breaking Their Hold

"Matt!"

Blair spluttered, blushing madly. Matt chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey, Blair."

The fact that he remembered her name made her smile, and she crossed her arms over her stomach to prevent the butterflies from escaping. Matt stood there in his 6'1" glory, dwarfing poor 5'4" Blair.

"What are you up to?"

He asked her. Blair bit the corner of her lip.

"I'm going home. School just ended."

The mention of school seemed to make Matt a little more hesitant, which made Blair only curious. Why was he so hesitant to talk to her? Was it because he was older? Blair didn't mind; she had her share of older boyfriends; granted, only one had ever had the balls to come home with her. Blair shifted her bag awkwardly, realizing no one had said anything.

"I better get going."

Blair had at least five blocks to walk.

"Do you want a ride?"

Matt blurted out. Blair raised an eyebrow at him. She hadn't stepped away yet.

"Uhm. Sure."

Matt smiled, and ushered her towards his car, which was parked half a block away. Blair didn't mark it as strange; maybe he lived in that house. He unlocked the door for her and opened her door, a gentleman gesture Blair hadn't seen in any of her boyfriends before. Blushing harder now, she ducked her head and got in, murmuring a 'thanks'.

The werewolf was instantly estatic. He knew he was taking a risk by involving her with him, even by talking to her, it was almost as if he was putting a target on her back. As he closed her door, he quickly scanned the area, nothing giving anything away. He got in and started the car, easing from the driveway.

"Uh. Where do you live?"

Matt asked her. Like he didn't already know, tsk tsk. Blair shifted in her seat, before turning her warm amber eyes towards the man in the other seat.

"4532 Walnut Circle. Like, four blocks that-a-way."

Matt mentally corrected her, but nodded and turned the wheel slowly, just barely doing the limit on residential streets. Blair was shifting in her seat.

"This is a really nice car."

She said. Matt smiled. Cassie and his father had picked it out for him.

"Thanks."

The silence was back. Matt wished desperately he could see into her head, see what she was thinking. He assumed not being able to do that was both a blessing and a curse; should she be creeped out by his questions and gestures, it would have broken his heart. But, if she was interested... Matt shook his head slightly, which caught Blair's attention.

"Matt?"

"Hm?"

"....You okay?"

Matt took a second to think, turning a few corners as he thought.

"Matt?"

"I'm fine, Blair."

His answer was soft, which meant he wasn't completely fine. Blair wasn't going to press the issue though; they didn't really know each other! As Matt eased the car into her driveway, Blair smiled and unbuckled, opening the door once the car had come to a complete stop. She got out, as did Matt. He walked her quietly to her front door, smiling softly at her. Blair thought it was possibly the cutest thing ever.

"Thanks for the ride home, Matt. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. D'you got a cell?"

Blair furrowed her eyebrows. What? Matt held his hand out.

"I want to give you my number, in case you need it for anything."

As ... slightly creepy as it was, Blair handed him her cellphone, and watched as he deftly pressed number after number into the tiny machine. Once he was finished, he handed it back to her with a smile.

"There. Sorry if that was... completely random. I tend to get like that with everyone."

Blair's stomach knotted at the words, and she nodded wordlessly at him. Matt returned the smile, before stepping down off her porch.

"See you around."

"Yeah... see ya."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeee! /squishes all my readers. I luff you guys so much. I'll be updating as much as I can tonight :3