Status: Please read and comment. This is my first story on here and it would really mean a lot. For some reason, you can't read with the layout option on but it works fine without it. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Cheated

Cheated

Shattered.

Shards of glass cover the floor. They represent my heart.

Broken.

I never meant for things to escalate so dramatically. I was happy, in love, but I needed something more.

If I'd have known just for one second what this would do to you, the though would've never have crossed my mind.

I can't say it wasn't my fault.

It was.

But you're not this hard on him.

He lured me into it. He set a trap that I willingly fell into. It was as though he had cast a spell on me. My senses were messed with, poisoned so my mind wouldn't think any different.

He made me want it. He made me want him.

If I'm being truthful in all of this, I did want him at the time. He made me feel special with his halfhearted compliments and witty insults about you and our relationship. With him, he made me think I could achieve anything. I wasn't just tied down to a life full of school, work and responsibilities. I could fly if I wanted to, see the world. I had potential, he had told me many a time. His charm and ability to tell me what I wanted to hear drove us to this.

It drove us apart.

I'll never understand how something so wrong can feel so right when it's happening. As I betrayed you, as I betrayed us, it was as though you didn't even exist. None of you did. My vision was blinded and all I could see was him so I took it. I took it and broke us to pieces.

Me and you were tied together yet I wanted to be my own person again. I had my own beliefs, my own ambitions. He'd let me fulfill them whilst you sat at home and waited for my return. You'd wait forever if you had to. Forever and a day. You loved me and you've got to believe me when I say this...

I loved you too.

If there was anything I could do to rid us both of this pain, believe me I would. The damage has already been done though, and there is nothing I can do or say to make you forgive me. You're going to hate me forever. Forever and a day. You'll say it's alright. Eventually you'll 'forgive' me but it's always going to be there. We'll always remember it. Memories cannot be erased. What I did, and what I'll continue to do for the rest of my life, will always be there.

Cheating: it's what I do.

I'm a cheat and I cheated.

But, really, wasn't it life that cheated me?

I guess we'll never know the answer though. All we ever do is cheat the truth.