Dismal Sense of Humour Failure

Dismal Sense of Humour Failure

For the first time that day, I turned on my computer and browsed the internet. Having checked my MSN, Gmail, Twitter, Facebook and all other websites I possessed accounts for, it finally dawned on me to check my Mibba.
Logging in, my eye was caught by a small, orange icon that hadn’t been there before – I had an alert, or, as I realised, a comment on one of my stories.
When I say ‘comment,’ I mean flaming put-down, systematically dismantling every part of my story and all but calling it rubbish.
Okay, fair enough. People have their opinions, and this individual wasn’t as rude as some comment-leavers I have encountered over the course of my brief writing career. But, one thing struck me as insanely annoying.
“There are several mistakes.”
Again, fair enough. Reading down to the end of the comment, however, I became steadily more irked. Why state that there are mistakes, and then refrain from pointing them out? I scrolled through the story again and again, and, perhaps my grammar isn’t as good as I thought it was, but I didn’t see any mistakes! Why point out that mistakes exists, and then not point them out for correction? Honestly, the world has gone bananas.
And then, of course, there was the opinion that my story was random and immature.
Sorry, WHAT? It was a story about a group of rockstars, being trapped in an elevator with Justin Bieber! I am a teenager, who spends most of her life writing serious works. Am I to be flamed for, once in a while, writing a random, immature fanfic for my own amusement?
To be completely honest, I’ve been on Mibba for two weeks, and I’m already growing sick of it. Yes, I enjoy the virtual companionship of so many fellow writers, but you people need to lighten up!
If there’s one thing I’ve noticed about writers in general, those of the teenage variety in particular……when the time comes to be light-hearted, out sense of humour fails us dismally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! This is a bit of a rant, not very structured and definitely not my best work. Still, had to get it out.