Status: I'll try to update whenever I can, comment and subscribe, and tell me what you think...thanks!

The Unrevealed Secret

Chapter 8

Next morning, school awaited me, and I was not sure if I could face Carl, not yet.

After taking care of my hygiene, I found My Uncle Theo in the kitchen making pancakes and singing an old song that I do not even understand.

“Good Morning, Uncle Theo, how are you this morning?” I said, getting my Uncle's attention.

He turned around, and gave me a smile saying, “Ah, so, you have learned your lesson, have you? Good morning, I am fine, how about yourself?”

Placing a plate of pancakes and eggs in front of me, I answered, “I’m fine Uncle, just wondering when my parents are going to return home from work, as usual, they do come back early.”

Giving me a smile, he answered, “Well, they will be back…shortly, I hope.”

I looked at him expectantly, and asked, “You hope? Why is that?”

Cleaning his cooking materials, he answered solemnly as he sighed heavily, “Well, I just hope they do return, or you will be driving me crazy all week.”

I stood up surprised, and answered back in a loud voice, “Me? You think I will drive you crazy!”

He nodded, not looking back to see how shocked I was as I asked, “Why?”

He was about to respond when we heard a car horn honk outside. Instead of replying to my question, Uncle Theo said with a smirk creeping onto his face, “Looks like your boyfriend is here.”

I blushed angrily, and said, “He’s not my boyfriend! Good-bye!”

I then grabbed my lunch, and stormed out of the house with my backpack on my shoulder. I saw that the driver was Carl, ‘Why is he here?’ I thought glumly.

I opened the door, and sat down in the passenger seat, and gave Carl a fake smile, he did not notice. “Hey.”

“Hey, how goes it?" He asked in an Australian accent.

“It’s alright, just talking to my Uncle," I replied simply.

“Ready for school?” He asked, as he drove off the driveway.

“Sure,” I replied, not wanting to talk anymore.

~~

At school, I tried to be polite to everyone, but I just did not feel like talking today.

“Hey Arctica, what’s up?” Eric greeted happily once he sat himself down next to me outside on the ground during lunch.

I looked up at him, and shrugged, “Fine, I guess.”

His face showed a worried expression, and he then said, “It doesn’t look like, everyone seems down because you’re down. What’s wrong?”

I shrugged, not sure what to say, “I’m just not in the mood to talk today.”

Eric smiled and said, “But you are talking to me now, right?”

My lips twitched into a small smile, and said as I gave him a funny look, “Yea, I guess so.”

“So, tell me what’s wrong?” He was pushing me, I could see it.

“I do not know, Eric. I just do not feel like me today.” I did wonder what was wrong with me?

He nodded, and then looked down at my hot dogs and macaroni, and asked, “Are you going to eat that?”

I shook my head, and said thankful, “You can have it, I hardly touched it.”

Eric then took my food, and said, “I’ll save it for later. Come on; let’s go see what Carl and the others are up to.”

After that, Eric grabbed my hand, and lead me back inside. A smile appeared onto my face as I stared at Eric, he is a really great friend to have. He made me feel a bit better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, but I'll do better, promise!