Status: Active, Updates may vary. But comments speed up the progress :)

Blood Kisses

Chapter 2

Cassie was sitting in a small diner not far from her apartment. The waitress set down the food she had ordered and smiled at Cassie before she sashayed off to another table. Cassie looked at the delicious smelling food in front of her sadly, knowing she had no intention of eating it. She suddenly felt very weak and she knew it wasn't healthy but she didn't care, she had no reason to live anymore. The one man she loved had left her, saying it was for her own good.

He had become a monster, one that was capable of hurting her, but she didn't care. She loved him with all her heart and when he left he might as well have tore her heart out and taken it with him.

“I’m not safe for you to be around anymore Cassie.” Chance said, looking down at the ground.

“What do you mean?” Cassie asked, knowing perfectly well what was happening. She took a step towards him and he jerked back away from her, causing her to feel sick.

“I am a danger to you and I’m not going to risk hurting you anymore.” He said and Cassie could tell she was going to cry.

“Please, don't do this Chance, please!” She cried stepping closer to him. He took a few steps back, afraid for his own self control.

“It's already been done, Cassie.” He said and with that he turned and ran into the foreboding forest behind him. Cassie fell to the ground in tears, her world had crashed around her.


Cassie snapped out of it when her stomach grumbled loudly. She wrapped her arms around her stomach and tried to maintain the slight grasp she had on her self control. She couldn't do it. She quickly got up out of the booth in the small diner and grabbed her bag, throwing some money on the table, before she made a hasty retreat, her untouched food still sitting there.

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭


Cassie slowly walked back to her apartment, hoping the lack of found would eventually come back to haunt her, bringing her the only think she truly wanted: An escape from the memories of her and Chance.

She walked in and sat down, trying to get her stomach to stop growling before she did something she would really regret. She was startled when her phone began ringing beside her. She picked it up and quickly looked at the called I.D. before she answered.

“Hello?” She growled out as her self control slipped a little more, it had been a bad idea to go to the diner, knowing she was just tempting herself.

“Cassie?” The person on the phone asked, the worry clear in their voice.

“Yeah?” Cassie answered, unable to get the strained tone out of her voice.

“Are you okay?”

“Do I sound okay to you Alexander?!” She screeched, holding her phone with one hand and her stomach with the other, hoping this was the end she'd finally been waiting for.

“Eat something. I got Merrissa.” He said. Some days Cassie really hated her brother.

“That's all fine and dandy for you, why do I care?” She asked as she struggled with her slipping control.

“Because your connected to me so The Hunters will be after you too.” He said and she knew he was right but she hoped by the end of the night she'd be dead so it didn't really matter, but she wanted to placate him.

“Fine, I'll catch a flight tomorrow.” She said, not feeling bad for lying to her brother.

“Okay.” He said before he hung up. Cassie simple dropped her phone to the floor and the hunger took over and she faded into darkness.

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭


When Cassie's vision began to come back she looked up and saw that her apartment was a mess. Her face felt sticky and when she wiped her hand across her mouth it came away covered in blood. She slowly stood up and looked around the destroyed room. She heard a quiet moaning sound and when she walked around to the back of the couch there was a guy laying there covered in blood and unconscious.

He looked to be around seventeen with dark colored hair. His neck was just covered in blood and Cassie knew it was her fault. She walked into the bathroom and grabbed a large bath towel, some washcloths and a tub of water. She quickly but efficiently cleaned the blood off his skin before she easily picked him up and carried him through back alley's until she figured that they were far enough away from her apartment.

She laid the kid on the ground and looked around, they were alone so Cassie made her way out of the alley. Angry that now she wasn't dead, she'd lost control on someone, and she was going to have to fly out to Romania tomorrow to see Alexander.

This was not at all what she'd intended.
[
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know for a fact the chapters are going to get longer because theres more action later :)
Comments = Love