Status: Active, Updates may vary. But comments speed up the progress :)

Blood Kisses

Chapter 3

Steele quickly turned around and paced back in front of the door to room 214. His brother was in there, he loves him but he couldn’t bare to see him like that. He continued to pace for a few more minutes before he couldn’t take it anymore and he dug the key out of his pocket and silently opened the door. He stepped in and looked around the small room. There was a love seat in front of the small TV and a tiny, almost nonexistent kitchenette in the corner.

Steele's gaze traveled to the door set in the wall in front of him. He knew what lay behind it and he didn’t want to revisit that place, but he loves his brother and he had to. He opened the door and stepped inside the room. There was a small twin bed pushed up against the far wall. There was a small nightstand next to the bed and there was nothing atop it. The only other furnishing in the room was a simple chair beside the bed.

Steele walked over to the bed and looked down at the small half alive form of his twin brother laying in the bed. Ash had a sheen of sweat on his face and he looked sad, even in sleep. He was dying and both him and Steele knew it. Steele laid his hand lightly on Ash's chest and Ash awoke with a gasp. Steele removed his hand quickly as Ash looked up at him sadly.

“Steele?” Ash mumbled almost incoherently.

“Yes Ash? I’m here.” He said, kneeling down by the bed. Ash looked over at him sadly.

“Its hurts so much.” He said, making Steele cringe.

“I know Ash, I know.” Steele said standing up and pulling the blanket away from Ash's thin body. He carefully unwrapped the bandages that were around Ash's chest, and when he did he felt sick to his stomach. Ash's whole chest was a bloody, bruised mess.

There was a large gash from his right shoulder to his left hip and there was dried blood around it and it appeared to be infected. There was severe bruising covering the rest of his torso and smaller cuts everywhere else. Steele knew Ash was hanging on by a thread and if he was human he would have died a long while ago, but he wasn't going to let that happen to him. He needed to find the girl, and soon.

Steele was startled when Ash's body arched back off the bed. Ash let out a ear piercing shriek before he collapsed back on the bed sobbing and shuddering. He needed nourishment. Steele helped him lay back down and he quickly bandaged his chest up, before he covered him back up. Ash was unconscious and Steele knew it was best because he was in pain.

Steele walked out of the closet-sized bedroom and into the living room. He pulled open the fridge and the shelves were, as usual, completely bare. He shook his head and shut the door before he walked out of the apartment and locked the door behind himself. He need to find nourishment for Ash and soon, before he died.

Steele walked down to the street before he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and hit speed dial #1. It rang before a man's voice was on the other end, just the person Steele needed to talk to.

“James?” He asked, unsure which brother had answered the phone.

“Yes Steele?” He said, Steele knew his patience was thin.

“Ash needs more.” Steele said and James grumbled on the other side of the phone.

“How much?” He finally said and Steele sighed.

“How ever much you got.” Steele said and James sighed before telling Steele where to meet him and hanging up the phone. Steele shoved his phone in his pocket and looked back up at the apartment building sadly before he began to walk down the quiet street.

٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭ ٭


Steele pulled open the rusted side door and stepped inside. He found himself in a dirty abandoned factory. The machines throwing odd shaped shadows on the wall. Steele began to walk until he came to the familiar office of James and his brother Jackson. He knocked on the open door and Jackson waved him in.

“You got the money?” James asked and Steele nodded his head vigorously, pulling his wallet out of his pocket and opening it.

“How much?” Steele asked and the brothers looked at each other for a minute.

“$200.” Jackson said and Steele nodded. He handed over the money and the three of them walked out of the office and into a back room. From there they loaded box after box into his truck. When they were done Steele got into the truck and drove back to Ash's apartment.

He quickly grabbed one of the boxes and made his way into the kitchenette. He opened one of the boxes and pulled two of the jugs out and set them in the fridge. He pulled the last one out and grabbed a tall glass out of the cabinet. He poured the thick red liquid into the glass before he put the lid on the container and set it into the fridge with the others.

Grabbing the glass Steele made his way into the bedroom to see Ash laying in the bed in the same position as he'd left him. He walked to the edge of the bed and sat the glass on the nightstand. Steele shook Ash's shoulder lightly until he cracked his eyes open.

“Steele?” He mumbled out, causing Steele's heart to crack just a little bit more.

“It's me.” He said and Ash made no indication whether he heard him either way. “I need you to sit up Ash, I have something for you to drink.” Steele said, beginning to help Ash sit at least half way up. He got him up and because Ash was so weak Steele had to lean ash against him. He reached over and grabbed the glass off the nightstand and held it to Ash's lips.

“Come on Ash, you gotta drink.” Steele said and after a moment Ash opened his mouth and swallowed the think liquid. When he was done Steele helped him lay back down and covered him back up with the blankets. Steele leaned down and pressed his lips lightly to Ash's forehead before he made his was out of the apartment, hoping he could find some answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I am going to try to keep up with this one but no guarantees :)