Status: Completed.

Bound to You

sweet love, trapped in your love

He terrified her. Not because he was dangerous or scary but because of the fire that was in his eyes. Adam Richards was brave and strong; he faced the world like a knight, not afraid to lose but always willing to fight to win. He wouldn't let her give up, even when she so desperately wanted to. She wasn't always easy to live with, especially on her down days, especially when the nightmares plagued her mind relentlessly. But he wasn't like everyone else - he didn't care about what others thought. He was raised by a single mother who taught him that the world isn't always an easy place to live in but if you can make your own luck, than fate will step in and help you out. His mother supported him in every decision he made and she was never afraid to speak her mind. She told him right from wrong, good from bad and because of that, he grew up to be someone others could only hope to be.

Sometimes at night, when she'd wake up screaming with tears falling from her eyes, her chest heaving and her heart racing, she'd expect to be alone. Elizabeth Beck thought that the only thing she'd wake up to would be a dark, empty room and silence, vulnerable and defenseless against the monsters that were desperate to take her down. But she never was. Because as much as she pushed him away, he held his ground. Adam wouldn't let her build walls up around herself or her heart. And if she did, well he would climb over them and bury himself deep within her soul or he'd knock them down. He knew she was terrified; he could see it in her eyes, in the way she carried herself and got lost in her thoughts. That was okay;the world is a scary place to live in and sometimes you needed to live away from it, if even just for a little while. Elizabeth could be scared, but he'd be there to hold her and chase the monsters away. She may think she's alone, but she never is, never was. He was always there, always by her side, fighting with her and sometimes for her.

Adam put the flame back in her heart, the light in her eyes, and the hope in her body. When he’d look at her, Elizabeth couldn’t help the way the butterflies would swarm her belly or the way she’d get lost in his eyes. He was everything she needed. And that thought only solidified when she was wrapped in his arms, buried in his scent and surrounded by his body. She could feel the power slide through her veins when he touched her, when his fingers grazed her skin ever so slightly, goose bumps breaking out under his touch. It was gentle and pure, innocent, and raw. She could feel the confidence consume her when his eyes would study her, roam down her body, scorching her skin, erupting a flood of emotions deep within her. And when his lips would touch her everywhere – her cheeks, her neck, her shoulders, her arms, her legs, her hips, and her most private areas – it was an indescribable feeling. It was like through his touch alone, he promised to always be there for her.

“Adam,” she murmured, running her fingers through his hair. He hummed with his eyes still closed and squeezed her gently, pulling her bare body closer to his chest. She giggled as the scruff of his beard tickled her neck, sending shivers down her spine. “Adam,” she repeated.

“Yeah,” he sighed, opening his eyes, looking up at her. She smiled and affectionately ran her fingers down his cheeks.

“Thank you.”

His eyebrows furrowed and he pulled away from her slightly so his face was now level with hers. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and grazed her cheek with the back of his hand. “For what?” He asked, keeping his eyes locked with hers.

“For being there, for not giving up. Just…thank you.”

“I’ll always be here for you. I’m bound to you, remember?” He held up his left hand bearing the simple silver band and she smiled at it, grabbing his hand with both of hers and holding it to her chest, just above her heart.