Status: slowly progressing

London Love

Chapter 2

(Debbie Phelps POV)

So this was London…the site where my son would compete for the final time. Or so he claimed. I was both excited for the week to come as well as sad that these events were soon going to be over. Hillary, Whitney and I had landed in London yesterday afternoon so that we could settle ourselves and the rest of the family in before hopefully seeing Michael prior to the Opening Ceremony. The first 24 hours we were all exhausted due to the time change but now it was time to get ready for the Ceremony.

The entire family dressed in Red, White, and Blue, we gathered everything we would need and headed out to the Olympic Stadium. The stadium itself gave no hints to what was to come and though we had all seen multiple opening ceremonies I knew this one would be just as special. When Michael entered the Stadium with the rest of Team USA the entire family started cheering and I shed just a few tears knowing that this may be the last time he was in that procession.

After the Ceremony we got to see Michael for a few minutes before he had to return to the Athlete’s Village. Then we headed back to our hotel to put the kids to bed and Hillary, Whitney and I went to the pool. When we arrived there was a young woman swimming slow lazy laps. I could tell she wasn’t a swimmer, but rather was swimming just to relax and unwind. Her mannerisms were calm and I instantly liked her and was curious as to why she was here. We all got into the pool and the girls began to chit chat regaining my attention. When the young woman moved to sit on the side of the pool I swam over to her and began to talk to her.

After our short conversation I returned to my girls and they knew something was on my mind by the look on my face.

“Mom, what are you thinking?” Hillary asked.

“Oh nothing,” I replied. They both knew that was a lie but didn’t push me for answers knowing that if I didn’t want to tell them I wouldn’t. I was thinking that the young woman I had just met should meet Michael, now to figure out how to make it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
been feeling sick the last few days, should have another chapter ready soon though. Thanks to everyone that has commented. :)