Status: slowly progressing

London Love

Chapter 7

That encounter left Catherine confused and even more ready to take a nap. Speed typing she got her articles done, they weren’t her best but she had done a lot of writing the past few days. Closing her laptop she turned off the light and laid down for a nap. Her dreams kept playing the scene in the hallway over and over. Each time it was slightly different and she was trying to figure out what it all meant. Waking up around 7, she ordered room service and messed around on the computer for awhile.

While she figured Michael was just trying to be nice, she couldn’t help but wonder if there was more to it than that. Deciding the only way to find out was to go, she texted Michael asking what time they were leaving for the club. Receiving an immediate response back, she hopped in the shower.

Seeing as it was a chilly night she settled on a pair of dark jeans, a pair of black flip flops and a sparkly teal tank top. Once she had gathered everything she needed, she took one last look in the mirror and left the room, heading for the elevator. Reaching the lobby she saw one of the female swimmers waiting for her.

“They’re all waiting in the limo,” she explained. Both girls headed out the front door and joined the rest of their group in limo waiting out front. Being the last to enter the limo meant that Catherine had to take the only available seat…..which happened to be right next to Michael. Luckily Ryan Lochte had a woman on his lap; otherwise there wouldn’t have been any seats left. That could have been awkward. Everyone was excited to go out and celebrate. Catherine felt a little out of place and was hoping she made the right decision.

They arrived at the club and were immediately led to the VIP lounge. Drinks started appearing in everyone’s hands except Catherine’s. This was really not Catherine’s usual scene. Finding a seat in the corner she ordered a Cherry Pepsi and sat down hoping her nerves would slowly dissipate. Michael had gone off with some of his friends and she could see the women hanging off of him everywhere he went. 'This was a stupid idea. I knew there was no way he actually wanted me to come. Him and his stupid manners.' A few of the female swimmers came over to take a break from dancing. They all talked for awhile and Catherine decided Michael or no Michael she deserved to have some fun. These girls were a blast to hang out with and when they headed back to the dance floor, she decided to join them.

Music pounded in her ears and bodies grinded to the beat around her. She felt so relaxed and free. This is what music does; it allows you to be someone you usually aren’t. She was having a blast and nothing would stop her. She had turned down multiple dance offers from various guys in the place. But when Ryan Lochte asked for a dance, she figured why not. He had good rhythm and kept the dance friendly though a bit sexual. While she had never danced like this with a guy before it felt oddly natural. As they danced they chatted and he made her laugh multiple times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael watched from above as Ryan and Catherine danced. He had watched her turn away every other guy which gave him hope. Her accepting Ryan, it hurt. He knew he had no claim over her or her time but yet seeing her with another guy, dancing like that, made him angry.

He downed another shot at the bar in the VIP lounge and headed back to a booth, unable to watch them any longer. A minute or two later, Ryan slid into the booth grinning.

“You’re right, there is something about her,” Ryan stated taking a sip of his beer. He knew Michael was probably angry with him for dancing with Catherine but Michael had made no play at paying any attention to her tonight. “Dude, I know you’re probably pissed at me. I have no intentions of doing anything with her, it was just one dance. You should go see her, she clearly wanted it to be you not me, dancing with her.” With that Ryan got up and headed to the other side of the room, flirting with a busty blonde.

After a quick stop to the bathroom to calm himself down a bit, Michael headed downstairs through the massive crowds of people. He was stopped by multiple women, but he was only interested in getting to her. He spotted her not far from him towards his left and quickly made his way over to her. As her reached her, the DJ started laying a new song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine had just recently discovered this song. One of those songs that sums up everything you have ever felt. One of those songs you love but yet hate at the same time for being so true and bringing up all your insecurities. As the first verse started she felt a gentle hand on her lower back and turned, prepared to turn another drunk guy away. To her surprise, it wasn’t another drunk guy, it was Michael. Wordlessly making sure she was okay with him being there, he positioned himself behind her and felt her lean back into him slightly. They moved to the beat of the song and he could hear her softly singing the words.

Girl let me love you
And I will love you
Until you learn to love yourself.

Her hair fell around her face, her body knowing exactly what to do when. 'She is so beautiful.' He was completely smitten and he had only met her a few days ago. He shifted his hands so they sat gently on her hips, pulling her closer to him.

For every heart that beats
For every heart that beats
For every heart that beats, heart that beats...

Girl let me love you
And I will love you
Until you learn to love yourself
Girl let me love you
And all your trouble
Don't be afraid, girl let me help

She could feel how close he was. And though she knew she shouldn’t, she felt safe. The song quickly came to an end and she decided she really needed something to drink before she got dehydrated. They headed back upstairs and she sat in a booth drinking a glass of water. Soon she began to yawn, and knew it was time to head back to the hotel. She let Michael hail her a cab and pay the driver for her before letting her go. She insisted he stay and party with his friends.

As she undressed for bed, she felt the tears drip down her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the next chapter, hope you enjoyed it. Special thanks to ohdearzitta. Your comment made me smile.