Wade Isn't the Only One With Scars to Hide

Skin

Peter Parker stood in the middle of his bedroom. He had just gotten back from being a total hero, you know Spider-Man stuff. That had always made him laugh, being Spider-Man. He used to always think he wasn’t cut out to be the hero type. He used to think heroes had to be strong and adored by everyone. That was the old Peter.

Peter worked his way out of his suit and into his apartment bathroom. He had moved out of his dads’, Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, house a couple of months ago. He felt more comfortable with his boyfriend, Wade Wilson, a.k.a Deadpool, sneaking into his bedroom at night. He stood in front of the mirror and was painstakingly reminded of his high school years. His arms and legs were covered with small, shiny scars. In high school Peter was constantly bullied and harassed by well, almost everyone. He thought the only way to cope with it was by cutting and burning himself. He hid it from his dads’ for years and finally stopped when he met Wade a year ago.

Wade Wilson was the Merc with a Mouth. Hired every now and then to do some kills jobs here and there. Most of the time he was eating tacos or chasing after Peter. Wade was given an extreme healing factor to cure his cancer, thus becoming Weapon X. The healing factor left his body completely disfigured and covered in scars. Peter hasn’t even fully seen his body, just his hands and his mouth. Peter and Wade never had sex, even though they were all for it, Wade was to self-conscious about himself and Peter did not want Wade to see his scars. He knew Wade would not care what was on his skin, but he felt showing Wade his scars would make him seem weak.

“I’m going to do it.” Peter rummaged around his mind thinking of ways to reveal his scars to Wade. He just wanted to get it off his chest. He was just going to go into his room because he knew Wade would be there, and say, “Look at how disgusting I am.”

Wade propped his swords next to Pete’s bed making sure they weren’t going to fall over. “Oh man I do love these swords.” He commented to himself. “They are pretty magnificent.” Peter said, startling Wade. “Pete you know I don’t like it when you do that. I should be used to it by now though since you do it all the time. Maybe you should wear bells or something so I know when you’re going to sneak up on me. I also noticed you are wearing a t-shirt. You normally wear long sleeves, is it because you are so damn hot? You’re cute.” Wade snaked his way over to Peter and wrapped his arms around his waist. Peter liked listening to Wade babble. He loved being close to Wade, but tonight was different. “Wade..” Stepping back from Wade’s arms, Peter held out his own. “Oh man what happened to you? Did Spidey go through a window or something?” Wade really had so clue. “I did this. Awhile ago. I’m disgusting.” Peter lets his arms drop to his sides, but they were only picked up again by Wade. “You did this? What? Why? These look a few years old. Are they from high school? You mentioned you had a hard time then. Wait. Did you say you were disgusting?” Wade pulled Peter’s shirt off only to reveal more scarred flesh.”I’m sorry.” Peter averted his eyes. “You do not know disgusting. You have not seen me. Peter you are absolutely beautiful. I will show you disgusting.” Wade pulled off his mask to reveal his whole face to Peter. He removed his gloves and shirt to expose the raw scars along his chest. “Look at me Peter, this is what disgusting looks like okay?” Peter suddenly felt embarrassed standing next to Wade. He felt plain. Wade was so beautiful. The way his skin intertwined with his scars and they way the light reflected off the paler bits of flesh. He was amazing. Peter placed his hand on Wade’s chest to feel his skin. It was strangely rough and smooth at the same time. “You are…amazing. Look at you. You are incredible.” There was s smile on Pete’s face as he said this. He looked into Wade’s eyes. They were a pale blue, almost white, faded from the healing factor. His hair was a dark blonde, almost brown color. “Nobody has ever said that to me.” Wade smiled, pulling his shirt and mask back on. “No, leave the mask off.” Peter tugged the bottom of his mask and Wade reluctantly pulled it back off. Peter placed his lips onto Wade’s calloused mouth. “I think I’m in love.” Wade said pulling away from the kiss. “Me too.” They both had goofy smiles on their faces. “Lets go get some food. I’m thinking that Chinese place down the street.” Peter said throwing his shirt back on. “I’m not going like this.” Wade motioned to his face. “Look. If anyone says shit about your face I will go Spidey on them okay?” Peter says, grabbing Wade’s hand. “I would like to see that.” Wade chuckled and followed Peter out the door.