‹ Prequel: Gerard Way Is My Dad?

Gerard Way Is My Dad, and Now I'm A Mom

Chapter 2

Frank’s POV

Helena wasn’t acting right. I knew that she was worried about Gerard and all, but it was something different. She seemed to grow tired, easily, and became lazier. She could barely hold Little Gerard, only Melody. Melody was very small, though. Little Gerard was surprisingly tall and had some meat to his bones. I became worried.

One night, when the kids were sleeping, I confronted her about it. Better be safe then sorry, my mom always told me.

“Helena, baby, are you okay?” I asked, pulling her on my lap. She appeared lighter than usual. Maybe, I was just thinking things though. Helena nodded, shutting her sleepy eyes. “Are you sure? You’re not usually tired this early.” I pointed out. Helena nodded once more and I heard the sound of her breath steady out seconds later. She was asleep. I bit my lip but stroked her hair, silently.

What could all the symptoms mean? And how could I get her to a doctor without her getting frustrated with me? And without everyone in the universe finding out? Helena didn’t need that problem.

I suddenly heard Helena’s phone ring. I slipped it out of her pocket, not wanting to wake her, and glanced at the Caller ID. The name almost shocked me, but I was happy in an odd way at who it was. Maybe it would help Helena. I knew right when I thought that, though, that I was lying to myself. That was not a good habit to start. Or had I already started it without even realizing it? Oh well, the point it....I saw who it was calling. It scared me. There ya go.

Gerard.

I answered it very, very quickly and definitelyhopefully.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Frank. Is Helena there?” He was sober. Thank God.

“She’s sleeping.” I whispered, glancing at the girl still on my lap. I laid one hand on her back, gently.

“Oh. Why? Is she okay?” He was concerned. Another good thing, I assume.

“I…I think so.” I lied, flustered.

“Well, tell her I’m okay.” He sounded like he wanted to hang up. Bad.

“No. Don’t hang up.” I heard myself say. I didn’t know what I was doing. Why was I saying this stuff?

“Um…what?” He was confused.

“Gerard, she’s really worried about you. Can you come...here? To…visit?” I stammered, searching for the words. Helena moved around in her sleep.

“Um, sure.” He didn’t sound sure.

“Tomorrow.” I simply stated, before hanging up. I shut the phone and laid it back into Helena’s pocket.

The next morning, Helena woke up later than normal. Little Gerard and Melody were still asleep though. I saw Helena’s eyes peep open. I smiled at her but she turned away, in what seemed like slight pain.

“Gerard is coming today.” I told her, still trying to pull off happiness.

“What?” She asked, seeming confused.

“Gerard Way. Your Dad. He’s coming. Today.

“Why?”

“Because I asked him to.”

“Oh.” Helena mumbled. She got off of me and pulled up her pants. They were growing large on her. I wasn’t going crazy. I wrapped my arm across her waist and pulled her back. Helena turned around.

“Do you feel okay?” I asked, peering into her eyes. She nodded. I shook my head and touched her frail, pale face. “You don’t look okay. Helena tell me what’s wrong.”

“I…I don’t know, Frank.” Helena suddenly broke down in tears. I pulled her closer to me. “I…don’t feel right. My chest…my stomach…everything hurts.” I looked over her body and tried to imagine how it felt.

“Don’t cry, Helena. We’ll get you to a doctor.” I reassured her. There was a stiff knock at the door. It was Gerard. Helena gulped and I let go off her, slowly. I made my way to the door and opened it. “Hey.” I said to my best friend, standing in the doorway.

“Hello.” Gerard muttered and looked over at Helena. “Are y-you okay?”

“Daddy.” She said, very softly. Gerard pulled her into a welcoming hug.

“You’re not okay.” Gerard stated, briefly, and backed up. “You’re littler. Smaller. Thinner. Not…healthy. Pale.” He described her in fragments, seeming as if he couldn’t believe it. He glanced at me, bitterly. Probably for lying to him about her condition.

“I’m just tired, that’s all.” Helena glanced off, not really looking at anything. She didn’t want to look into anyone’s eyes though. She didn’t want us to know that she was lying.

Scared feelings ran through my body. I wondered what was going on with her.

“Dad, why aren’t you going to your meetings?” Helena suddenly asked. Gerard shrugged. “Please don’t do this to us, dad. We all love you. We don’t want to see you suffer again.”

“I won’t. I’m not going to mess up again.”

And he sounded sure of it.

If I could only be sure Helena was okay this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like the second chapter? You guys are awesome, btw. I already have sixty-six suscribers and only one chapter. lol