Status: Slow updates.

Remembering Sunday

Wake Up Call

"What the fuck? How is that possible?!" I woke up to Matt screaming into the phone. I turned to him and he was sat up on the bed. I crawled closer to him and rested my head on his bare chest. I sighed and hugged his torso while kissing his chest. I felt Matt's hand play with my hair and he wasn't so tense anymore.

"We'll be there in a while," I heard him sigh and I looked up to his face. His eyes were filled with worry. "What's wrong?" I asked, confusion spread across my face.

"Last night, some fucker snuck in Zacky and Layla's house," He started. My thoughts went to the text about Layla not breathing again. "And what happened?" I breathed deeply.

"The fucker managed to lock Layla in the closet and lash out on her arms. They're at the hospital now. We should get ready and go." My breath hitched at my throat. This wasn't happening. This was not true. 

I nodded and gulped. Matt noticed my change of actions and he held my face in his hands. "Everything's gonna be alright. We're gonna get the police in this and they'll find out who did it eventually, okay?" He soothed me with his voice and I closed my eyes, nodding. I felt him kiss my forehead and leave the bed. I looked up and saw him standing at the doorway of the bathroom with his hand out. I smiled and went into the bathroom with him.

When we got to the hospital, we asked for the room Layla was in. When we did find out, we went there immediately. We weren't allowed to go in yet. I saw Johnny holding Kathy in his arms, crying. Kathy was much closer to Layla than I was. Zacky was leaning against the wall with no expression on his face as he stared down at the floor, his jaw stiff. Jimmy was pacing the floor and Brian was sitting on one of the plastic chairs with his head in his hands.

"Hey guys," I hesitated. I knew they didn't even want to talk right now. Jimmy looked to me with glossy blue eyes. He was Layla's older brother. Of course, he was protective over her. It took him about two years to get used to the fact that Zacky and Layla started going out. 

Nobody replied to my words and I breathed deeply. "How is she?" I asked, hoping someone would answer. "How is she?!" Jimmy mocked my words. "How do you think a woman who almost had her arms cut off is like? Fucking happy go lucky?!" Jimmy screamed at me and I winced. He's a sweetheart but when someone he dearly loves is hurt then his other side started showing.

"Dude, calm down." Matt pushed me behind him. Sometimes Jimmy would get physical and I didn't want Matt getting hurt. Matt ended up pushing me closer towards Brian so he could say some comforting words to his raged friend. I sat next to Brian and placed my arm on his back. I rubbed it up and down, trying to soothe him also. I looked up to Zacky but I felt like right now isn't the time to confront him about what happened.

"Bri?" I whispered, hoping someone would talk to me. He raised his head up to look at me. He had bags under his eyes and his used to be loving warm brown eyes were now dull and cold. My lips went into a straight line, not knowing what to say.

"Hey," He sent me a broken smile. I smiled back. "Did anything crucial happen to her?" I asked and he sighed, shaking his head no. "She just lost a lot of blood." I sighed in relief, feeling some weight leaving my shoulders.

"What do you think the guy wanted with her?" I questioned and he merely shrugged. I breathed deeply. I did not like all these ignores. "What if he wanted revenge on her for something she did," I accidentally said out loud.

I noticed him hesitating before he stood up. "I'm gonna go get something to drink," He muttered while walking away. My eyes stared at his back and then I stared at Jimmy. My eyes darted back to Brian. If I was not mistaken, I think I saw a bit of blood on his white House of Syn shirt. I shook off the thought of him hurting his best friend's girlfriend.

I turned to look back at Zacky. I blinked hard a couple times, hoping this was all just a bad dream. When I opened my eyes for the fifth time, I knew it wasn't a dream. The sickening smell of the hospital was still there. The white walls. Cries everywhere. My eyes were fixated on Zacky and I couldn't help but think about how he couldn't hear her when she was locked in the closet, or at least notice her not in the bed anymore.

I was about to go talk to him when the door to Layla's room opened. The doctor stood at the doorway and sighed. I noticed it was one of those relieved sighs. "Thank goodness she's alright. We'll only let family in, so, any family around here?" He asked. Both Jimmy and Zacky raised their hands. Zacky wasn't her husband yet but could you blame the guy for wanting to see his hurt girlfriend?

They both walked in the room and the doctor closed the door behind him after both of them were in. "How bad is the damage, doc?" Matt asked and the doctor sighed. "Nothing to dangerous, but nothing safe. It's clear that she didn't do this herself and I remember someone telling me she was tied up and had her mouth sealed with duct tape, am I correct?" He asked and Johnny nodded.

"How long will she be staying here?" I asked and he checked the paper in his hand. "Due to her current condition, we'll say the least is 2 weeks." I nodded and thanked him. 

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I pulled it out. "See what you made me do? Ignore Matt until Layla gets out of the hospital or Mr. Gates is gonna have something bad happen to him." I blinked slowly, making sure I read everything right. How in the world am I supposed to ignore Matt?

"What's wrong, babe?" I heard Matt ask and his arms wrapped around my waist. I wiggled him off me, not wanting anything bad happen to Brian since the anonymous proved the fact that he will destroy the people I love.

"N-nothing. I need to go to the bathroom." I said and he nodded before sitting next to Johnny. I darted my way to the nearest bathroom and sighed deeply. I checked my reflection in the mirror and I was glad that I hadn't shown any looks that will cause suspicion to rise.

My phone buzzed again and I pulled it out of my back pocket. This time, the anonymous sicko was calling me. I hesitated before pressing the green button, slowly bringing it to my ear. "Did you like the surprise you got from me?" The voice was still edited yet seemed a bit familiar.

I cleared my throat and made sure I was alone in the bathroom. I locked the main bathroom door and slid down on it. "Look, whoever the fuck you are, can you just stop it?" I snapped.

"No can do, sweetie. I've waited so long to do this. Believe it or not, I'm jerking off to your photos right now. God, I just want your lips around my dick right now. I love you." I heard him groan. My face cringed in disgust. "P-please stop messing up my life." I was on the verge of tears, realizing I have a stalker now.

I heard the mystery man sigh. "But baby, this is just the start towards our relationship. Soon enough, you'll be begging for me to fuck that sweet pussy of yours." 

"Why the fuck would I do that if I have a husband?!" I shouted. "Don't worry, I'll get rid of him soon." The the phone clicked. He hung up on me again.

I stood back up and went back to the sinks. I checked my reflection in the mirror. This time, I look panicked. I look lost. I look fucked up. My face was pale white. My lips were dry. I'm not going down without a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter. I'm trying my best to make them long and interesting! Comment and subscribe! They give me a writing boost! :3