Status: Slow updates.

Remembering Sunday

Questions

*Brian's POV*

When I got to the bar, I quickly went inside and spotted the guys immediately. I saw Zacky with Layla by his side laughing and acting like a couple. I noticed Layla tugging on her sleeve, pulling it over her arm. I knew her scars won't go away. I cut in pretty deep and left permanent scars. I know I should feel guilt and shame but I felt absolutely nothing.

I walked over to them and sat next to Johnny and across from Matt. He was glaring at me while playing with his phone in his hands. I cocked an eyebrow at him and watched him scoff and look away. Johnny cocked an eyebrow at me and I shrugged while opening a bottle of beer that was on the table. I was surprised that no one talked about Rae going MIA lately. I was more surprised about the fact that Matt didn't seem that worried about her.

I couldn't get too drunk because I didn't want anything bad to happen when I get back home. My thoughts were wrapped around what happened this morning. It felt like heaven. Pure heaven. I can still remember how Rae was screaming my name from under me. She wouldn't stop teasing me until I took over. I saw a completely different side of her and I wanted more.

I noticed Matt staring at me again. I put down my bottle and sat up. "What the fuck is your problem man?" I asked him and he nudged his head towards the door. "Let's talk about this outside." He got out of the booth and walked out of the bar. I shook my head and left the table. Everyone was quiet at the table but I didn't care. I just wanted to get this over with Matt.

I pushed my hands into my pockets and walked out, shivering at the cool California air. I saw Matt leaning against the building while going through his phone. I went to him and leaned against the building next to him. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him. He had a stressed out face, bags under his eyes and he hasn't shaved.

"What is it?" I asked him and he looked at me. He looks so vulnerable, miserable. Just what I wanted. He deserved to feel bad. He deserves it after cheating on Rae for more than two months. Rae didn't do anything wrong. She was innocent and I plan on being responsible to her. Once she accepts me as her boyfriend and hopefully husband, I'll be nothing but hers.

I was snapped out of my fantasy by Matt's raspy voice.

"Do you know where Rae is?"

* Rae's POV *

I opened the back door and it squeaked slightly. The house was dark and I was grateful for that. I walked in the kitchen and closed the door behind me, sighing at the situation I just put myself into. I know this is a bad idea. Brian's gonna find out sooner or later but he's not the brightest person out there so that would give me some time.

Suddenly the lights went on and I turned around quickly, seeing the sight of my step dad with a bat in his hands. I sighed, feeling grateful that it wasn't a serial killer and sat down on one of the chairs in the kitchen. 

"Oh my god, do you not know the creation of a front door and doorbell?" I chuckled at his response to me being in his house unexpected. "Sorry." I sent him a grammy worthy smile.

He set the bat down against the wall and sat across from me. He was wearing a white t-shirt and plaid boxers whereas I was wearing clothes that made me look like I was a spy undercover. "Why are you here sweetie?" He asked with full concern in his voice.

"Can I stay here for a few days?" I asked him, more like begged him. He cocked an eyebrow with a look of confusion. "Why?" I sighed and hung my head down before looking up again. "I don't really want to talk about it." I said and he stood up.

"Did Matt do anything to hurt you? Because I can go to his house right now with that damn bat." He spoke up and I laughed lightly. I stood up also and went up to him. I kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly. "Thank you daddy." 

I grabbed my bag off the floor and started making my way upstairs into one of his guest rooms. I heard him yell from downstairs, "I'm not your real daddy!" and I snorted. I went into my room and closed the door, locking it behind me. I changed into much more comfortable clothes and went to sleep immediately since walking here made me tired.

* Brian's POV *

I left the bar as soon as Matt finished discussing with me. I stacked up lie after lie after lie. It was a relief when he stopped questioning me about Rae. The questions weren't as serious as I thought they would be but I knew he was suspicious about me.

I got in my car and drove back to my house, blasting Steel Panther on the way. When I got home, I felt like something was off. Something was wrong. I got out of my car, staring at the house. The lights weren't on and it was eerily quiet. Maybe Rae's asleep. I took off my shoes and that left me in my socks.

I walked up to my bedroom and didn't see Rae on the bed. By then I could hear the water running inside the bathroom. I sighed in relief about the fact that she just went to take a shower. I stepped closer to the bathroom door but stopped when I felt water at my feet. I looked down and saw water was puddling around the area of the bathroom door. 

I started panicking, afraid that Rae might have drowned herself. I banged on the door loudly and fiddled with the doorknob. "Rae?!" I shouted, praying to god that she didn't drown herself.

No answer. I banged louder and decided to just destroy the door. I stepped back and ran towards the door, colliding it against my left shoulder. It hurt but the thought of Rae in danger pained me a lot more. I groaned when the door didn't just fling open and tried again.

The door was cracking at the sides so I just kicked the door down. Water splashed up, and the tub was overflowing with water. I walked closer to the tub, preparing myself physically and mentally. My eyes went wide, seeing nothing but water in the tub.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry for the sucky chapter. I haven't been writing for a while because I'm a lazy ass.